Resignation Protection Bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:58:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Resignation Protection Bill
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Resignation Protection Bill  (Read 1607 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2005, 12:59:42 PM »
« edited: January 27, 2005, 04:39:30 PM by Senator Bono »

§ 1 Every elected oficial of the federal government, in case of wanted resignation, shall give a forewarning of four days. Only after one week passed he may leave his duties.

§ 2 If someone fails to compel with this Act, he or she shall not be ellegible for public federal elective or appointed office during the period of three months after the infraction.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 03:42:33 PM »

How exactly do you plan on enforcing this? You can't force people to post here.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 03:47:56 PM »

How do I enforce people keeping their jobs? geez, this is just a safeguard so as people won't leave like JFK did and turn everything into a mess.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 03:53:49 PM »

How do I enforce people keeping their jobs? geez, this is just a safeguard so as people won't leave like JFK did and turn everything into a mess.

Let's say this is passed, and a Senator simply resigns, without the required warning. Then what happens? We can't force him to be a Senator for a week.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 04:02:36 PM »

Let's say this is passed, and a Senator simply resigns, without the required warning. Then what happens? We can't force him to be a Senator for a week.

Good point. I'll add a provision to punish them by not allowing them to run for office anymore if that happens.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 04:16:59 PM »

Do you not think it is better for someone who for personal reasons does not wish to be a Senator and does not feel they can execute the duties of a Senator properly to resign than be forced to sit there for a week not leaving a district underrepresented?

Btw, you spelt eligible wrong.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 04:19:15 PM »

Do you not think it is better for someone who for personal reasons does not wish to be a Senator and does not feel they can execute the duties of a Senator properly to resign than be forced to sit there for a week not leaving a district underrepresented?

Well, it's just that you should have given notice so that we could select a PPT and not have everything run by keystonephil(ie chaos).
Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 04:22:28 PM »

What if someone resigns to take another office?  You shouldn't make them wait a week.  

I think it would be nice for people to tell us if they will resign, but the penalty is too harsh
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 04:24:03 PM »

The idea is good, but the punishment is too harsh.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 04:25:28 PM »

What if someone resigns to take another office?  You shouldn't make them wait a week. 

Good point. But still I think it's in order. The waiting period may be reduced, but a waiting is still needed. It prevents us from getting caught by surprise. besides, it's only for elective positions.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

3 month suspension?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 04:26:33 PM »

What if someone resigns to take another office?  You shouldn't make them wait a week. 

Good point. But still I think it's in order. The waiting period may be reduced, but a waiting is still needed. It prevents us from getting caught by surprise. besides, it's only for elective positions.

3 month suspension?

If you don't mind my opinion, I think 3 months is a good time.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 04:26:54 PM »

Well, it's just that you should have given notice so that we could select a PPT and not have everything run by keystonephil(ie chaos).

I apologise.......Next time there is the potential for things in my REAL life to get a bit crazy meaning I don't have enough time for Atlasia, I will try to predict it a week ahead of time.

You do realise these forums aren't of primary importance don't you? And if things in my real life get a bit crazy or out of hand, I'm damn well gonna deal with that and not the forums.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »

I apologise.......Next time there is the potential for things in my REAL life to get a bit crazy meaning I don't have enough time for Atlasia, I will try to predict it a week ahead of time.

You do realise these forums aren't of primary importance don't you? And if things in my real life get a bit crazy or out of hand, I'm damn well gonna deal with that and not the forums.

If you can be here posting this, you could also take 5 minutes everyday to open and close votes. Besides, you know I hadn't any bad intentions presenting this, so why are you giving me crap?
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 04:40:09 PM »

3 month suspension?

If you don't mind my opinion, I think 3 months is a good time.

Changed, and I also changed the notice advance to 4 days.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 04:40:57 PM »

If you can be here posting this, you could also take 5 minutes everyday to open and close votes. Besides, you know I hadn't any bad intentions presenting this, so why are you giving me crap?

Opening and closing votes isn't what District 5 elected me to the Senate to do.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 06:47:45 PM »

I agree that this bill is totally unnecessary.  We can't force a person to stay on, and it's not fair to disbar them forever.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 02:24:03 PM »

Beyond wondering what "compel[ing] with the Act" means, I am wondering what little point there would be to this as a law. Somebody could just give due notice of their resignation and then buggar off; Its not like they have anything to lose since they are already resigning.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2005, 04:51:20 PM »

Whatever, I withdraw this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies