The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:26:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261408 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: April 03, 2013, 10:29:01 PM »

I really don't understand how you can say the economy wouldn't have been as bad in 2008. The crisis had absolutely nothing to do with tax cuts. It was due to the governments interference in the housing market via fannie mae & freddie mac. If anything the Gore economy would have been worse. Bush inherited a slumping economy that got worse because of 9/11. The tax cuts didn't take full effect until 2003, at which point, the economy picked up until the housing market bubble.

there's nothing in there that's as absurd as blaming the financial crisis on tax cuts.

If we didn't have the tax cuts, Iraq, and Medicare Part D, instead going the Gore route of lockboxing and paying down the debt, the stimulus packages could have been double in size and twice in length and scope and we wouldn't have felt a recession at all.

you don't have that sort of financial crisis without a recession
and since the stimulus was likewise a combination of tax cuts and spending . . .
Kitteh
drj101
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1626 on: April 03, 2013, 11:15:02 PM »

I really don't understand how you can say the economy wouldn't have been as bad in 2008. The crisis had absolutely nothing to do with tax cuts. It was due to the governments interference in the housing market via fannie mae & freddie mac. If anything the Gore economy would have been worse. Bush inherited a slumping economy that got worse because of 9/11. The tax cuts didn't take full effect until 2003, at which point, the economy picked up until the housing market bubble.

there's nothing in there that's as absurd as blaming the financial crisis on tax cuts.

If we didn't have the tax cuts, Iraq, and Medicare Part D, instead going the Gore route of lockboxing and paying down the debt, the stimulus packages could have been double in size and twice in length and scope and we wouldn't have felt a recession at all.

Iraq and the tax cuts are definitely right, but it's a little strange to hear a Democrat arguing for "lockboxing" to pay down the debt at the expense of expanded Medicare coverage.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1627 on: April 03, 2013, 11:18:10 PM »

Iraq and the tax cuts are definitely right, but it's a little strange to hear a Democrat arguing for "lockboxing" to pay down the debt at the expense of expanded Medicare coverage.

Except that was Al Gore's proposal.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1628 on: April 03, 2013, 11:22:46 PM »

Except that was Al Gore's proposal.

That's true, which is part of why I would have voted for Nader in 2000 (even with hindsight) and why I probably should have said "liberal/leftist" instead of "Democrat" in my post.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1629 on: April 04, 2013, 04:09:10 AM »

3. Sweet Jesus man, your signature breaks virtually every rule of decency/sanity; the only thing that could possibly make it worse would be the inclusion of an epilepsy-inducing GIF or something.
Decency? Coming from the person who has a picture of the man who raped a bunch of women, cheated on Hillary, lied about it in front of the press, and then nearly became the first man to be thrown out of office by the Senate. Rainbow Dash at least has a lot of positive significance. She's so loved by all of us bronies because we love her great sense of humor and plus we like to consider her the lesbian Pegasus on the show such as when she asked Fluttershy in a joyful tone "You're gay?" and they were about to kiss. Not to mention the obvious giveaway that her hair is the LGBT colors. So in a way, it's more of a strong movement & message we get from My Little Pony & Rainbow Dash of being friendly to everyone which includes the LGBT community.

...I have nothing to say.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1630 on: April 04, 2013, 06:05:01 AM »

3. Sweet Jesus man, your signature breaks virtually every rule of decency/sanity; the only thing that could possibly make it worse would be the inclusion of an epilepsy-inducing GIF or something.
Decency? Coming from the person who has a picture of the man who raped a bunch of women, cheated on Hillary, lied about it in front of the press, and then nearly became the first man to be thrown out of office by the Senate. Rainbow Dash at least has a lot of positive significance. She's so loved by all of us bronies because we love her great sense of humor and plus we like to consider her the lesbian Pegasus on the show such as when she asked Fluttershy in a joyful tone "You're gay?" and they were about to kiss. Not to mention the obvious giveaway that her hair is the LGBT colors. So in a way, it's more of a strong movement & message we get from My Little Pony & Rainbow Dash of being friendly to everyone which includes the LGBT community.

Wow.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1631 on: April 04, 2013, 08:12:50 AM »

Who is that clown?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1632 on: April 04, 2013, 09:54:30 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=171531.0

Every BRTD's post in this thread.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1633 on: April 04, 2013, 02:01:35 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2013, 02:20:25 PM by Californian Tony »

Wow.

^^^^^^
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1634 on: April 04, 2013, 02:14:29 PM »

that is seriously the worst post that has ever been posted on this forum

seriously, I'd sooner read the combined posting histories of Krazen, BSB, Bushie, BRTD and the like before I read that post again

Adam, it's time for you to go
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1635 on: April 04, 2013, 03:17:17 PM »

seriously, I'd sooner read the combined posting histories of Krazen, BSB, Bushie, BRTD and the like before I read that post again

There's nothing wrong with that post with the exception of posting it before realizing that Rainbow Dash did kiss Fluttershy on the nose before, but not the lips which was from a different scene and episode. It's just a matter of looking into things deeper and getting a bigger picture out of things which includes President Clinton & My Little Pony. Have you even watched the show to consider its significance to LGBT pride?

@Paul, I was just about to say the same thing to you Wink + Tongue
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1636 on: April 04, 2013, 03:24:12 PM »

There's nothing wrong with that post with the exception of posting it before realizing that Rainbow Dash did kiss Fluttershy on the nose before, but not the lips which was from a different scene and episode. It's just a matter of looking into things deeper and getting a bigger picture out of things which includes President Clinton & My Little Pony. Have you even watched the show to consider its significance to LGBT pride?

You are trying to argue that a cartoon ****ing horse is more "decent" than a president of the United States.

Take a step back for a minute and realize how absurd that sounds.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1637 on: April 04, 2013, 03:33:34 PM »

You are trying to argue that a cartoon ****ing horse is more "decent" than a president of the United States.

I never said that Clinton wasn't a decent man because I think he was personally a great President, but I was calling him out on the moral background of it. Initially, I was fine with Bacon King having that picture of Bill in his sig but after he was calling my sig sh**t and saying it had no decency or sanctity, it really brings up a good debate. There's no debating though with the fact that Bill was an adulterer, yet just because Rainbow Dash is non-realistic and is into other female ponies there's a problem? And for the last time, Rainbow Dash is a Pegasus which means she can fly; horses can't.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1638 on: April 04, 2013, 03:37:15 PM »

The long storied tradition of posting straight into the Deluge continues with a new standard bearer it seems.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1639 on: April 04, 2013, 03:43:51 PM »

The long storied tradition of posting straight into the Deluge continues with a new standard bearer it seems.

Yep, time to dust off the ignore button.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1640 on: April 04, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2013, 04:23:37 PM by SJoyce »

And for the last time, Rainbow Dash is a Pegasus which means she can fly; horses can't.

Who, exactly, gives a damn? This a serious question. Excluding eight-year-old girls, who do you expect to know or care about the minute entomological differences between various extremely similar characters of an animated children's television show?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1641 on: April 04, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »

Adam, how the hell is your S score positive? Are you ravingly anti-abortion in order to compensate for your weird obsession with lesbian horses?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1642 on: April 04, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »

Oh my God.

Not even commenting on the Clinton issue, but coming from a fellow "brony", you are reading far too much into a TV-Y show. First of all, in that episode, Rainbow Dash quite clearly said "you're game?", and seriously, her having rainbow hair has nothing to do with homosexuality (and there's obviously no indication of her sexual orientation at all, because it's a cartoon for children). It's a goddamn rainbow, because she's a weather pony and because the original target audience (young girls) likes rainbows.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1643 on: April 04, 2013, 04:10:49 PM »

It's a goddamn rainbow, because she's a weather pony

Jesus, Adam! Everyone knows that.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1644 on: April 04, 2013, 04:15:52 PM »

And for the last time, Rainbow Dash is a Pegasus which means she can fly; horses can't.

Who, exactly, gives a damn? This a serious question. Excluding eight-year-old girls, who do you expect to know or care about the minute etymological differences between various extremely similar characters of an animated children's television show?

I don't think that word means what you think it means Tongue
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1645 on: April 04, 2013, 04:16:48 PM »

No pony cancer.  Not in this thread.  Please.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1646 on: April 04, 2013, 04:24:38 PM »

Who, exactly, gives a damn? This a serious question. Excluding eight-year-old girls, who do you expect to know or care about the minute etymological differences between various extremely similar characters of an animated children's television show?

I don't think that word means what you think it means Tongue

There is one about bugs and one about words. Did I use the wrong one?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1647 on: April 04, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »

Thread needs more Findus.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1648 on: April 04, 2013, 04:27:41 PM »

Yeah indeed.

We're currently discussing the sexual orientation of a cartoon pony/pegasus/whatever. On a political forum. I just need to type this to see how absurd that sounds.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1649 on: April 04, 2013, 04:29:34 PM »

I never said that Clinton wasn't a decent man because I think he was personally a great President, but I was calling him out on the moral background of it. Initially, I was fine with Bacon King having that picture of Bill in his sig but after he was calling my sig sh**t and saying it had no decency or sanctity, it really brings up a good debate. There's no debating though with the fact that Bill was an adulterer, yet just because Rainbow Dash is non-realistic and is into other female ponies there's a problem? And for the last time, Rainbow Dash is a Pegasus which means she can fly; horses can't.

To be brutally honest, the first time I saw your signature I cringed. I would not call it indecent and unholy, but I'd definitely call it a prime example of fremdschämen. The fact that you're comparing a real person in the real-life adult universe we call Earth to a horse (yes, by definition pegasi are HORSES with wings) in a cartoon show made for little girls (although it may have grown another audience in itself) belongs so firmly in the deluge that I had to physically get out of my bed on a 30 degree morning at 5 AM to post it here.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies