The hottest girls at my high school reunion will be...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:38:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The hottest girls at my high school reunion will be...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: The hottest girls at my high school reunion will be...
The same ones who were the hottest ones in high school

Considered plain and average in high school

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: The hottest girls at my high school reunion will be...  (Read 3410 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »

I'm fairly curious about this (my reunion is in July). I have a feeling it'll be option 2.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »

Half of those who were hot then will still be, and the others will have aged badly. No one who was plain will be.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 01:26:05 PM »

They won't be at your high school reunion; they'll all be at Dudefest.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 01:28:44 PM »

They won't be at your high school reunion; they'll all be at Dudefest.
seeing harvey milk naked will get you girls
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 07:47:34 PM »

A lot of girls get hotter as they grow, and a lot don't.

You're in your late 20's, right? If so, I'll bet most of them will still be hot, and some will be hotter.

I'll pick Option Two, but if I'm right the hot ones will still be hot.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 07:53:31 PM »

Option 2, duh. It always works that way.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 08:05:57 PM »

Option 2, duh. It always works that way.
Amen-

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 01:11:29 AM »

There was one girl who most guys considered pretty mediocre, but had a mom who was an uber-MILF. I suspect she might age well assuming she comes.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 02:22:45 PM »

It depends on two things -

1) have the reproduced (this is the main factor), and

2) their income/education level (upper and upper-middle class women age far better than the hard toilers).
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 12:04:17 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2012, 12:25:51 PM by A Glass Can Only Spill What It Contains »

Well it appears the answer is "The ones who were hottest in high school mostly didn't show up, but the ones that did aged very well." There actually weren't any girls there that would actually be considered unattractive. That includes the one who already has had three kids, which of course meant that how good she looked despite all that was a topic that came up more than once.

I actually do remember several who I thought were kind of weird looking in high school that it turns out were only weird looking for teenagers and look fine as adults. If that makes any sense. Easier to view than explain.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 12:21:45 PM »

Damn, Hill looks like she is going to kick somebody's ass in the photo!  Smiley  It should have been published with the caption: "Future U.S. Secretary of State" and used to gain some diplomatic leverage.  Smiley  Anyway, yeah, if Hillary is the rule, then definitely option 2.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 12:45:47 AM »

I'm surprised at how similar we still look to ourselves in 2004 (Facebook era). My 10-year is in 2014.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 12:06:07 PM »

Damn, Hill looks like she is going to kick somebody's ass in the photo!  Smiley  It should have been published with the caption: "Future U.S. Secretary of State" and used to gain some diplomatic leverage.  Smiley  Anyway, yeah, if Hillary is the rule, then definitely option 2.

I think she looks very cute in this photo, though she reminds me an awful lot of those over-achieving but slightly crazy nerdy-girl-students who can become strangely obsessed with a professor.  I don't mean in a sexual way, but its still scary when it happens.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 12:27:48 PM »

I think she looks very cute in this photo, though she reminds me an awful lot of those over-achieving but slightly crazy nerdy-girl-students who can become strangely obsessed with a professor.  I don't mean in a sexual way, but its still scary when it happens.

Something I mean, everything is wrong with your mind.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »

What?  You seriously don't see the cuteness?  Look at those big eyes, cute little mouth slightly apart, the cute (though slightly troubled) expression!  Also she's quite slim..

I think you guys are just too picky.  Girls can be cute and moderately attractive without being 'hot'.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 02:20:54 PM »

I think virgins paradoxically have a much higher standard for hotness than other people. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 05:27:55 PM »

Was this directed to me ? So, even Gustaf missed the point of a post when I called out Opebo for his creepiness (something he almost always does - and I almost never do). I guess I must certainly have phrased something wrong.

Of course, my comment was directed to what comes after the first comma.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »

Was this directed to me ? So, even Gustaf missed the point of a post when I called out Opebo for his creepiness (something he almost always does - and I almost never do). I guess I must certainly have phrased something wrong.

Of course, my comment was directed to what comes after the first comma.

My comment wasn't really directed at you specifically, but at the general trend of the forum.

What was so creepy about opebo's comment?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 07:51:20 PM »

The only reason why I even bothered going to my high school reunion is because I look phenomenal now as compared to how I looked when I was 18. And a very dark part of me takes pleasure in seeing how virtually everyone who looked great at 18 looks like crap at 30.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 08:58:05 AM »

The only reason why I even bothered going to my high school reunion is because I look phenomenal now as compared to how I looked when I was 18. And a very dark part of me takes pleasure in seeing how virtually everyone who looked great at 18 looks like crap at 30.

You and I both, brother. Also, I loved nothing more than seeing the guy who beat me for class President, go off to a great school, majored in Political Science, and was voted most likely to be President, and to find out he is working at Old Navy, lives at home with his parents, and STILL can't break into politics.

I, on the other hand, have my own place, a great job, and was a pretty powerful figure in CT Republican politcs. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, bitch.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 03:04:07 AM »

I agree with opebo, that is a very cute picture. I would want to go on a date with that person.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 12:45:39 PM »

Damn, Hill looks like she is going to kick somebody's ass in the photo!  Smiley  It should have been published with the caption: "Future U.S. Secretary of State" and used to gain some diplomatic leverage.  Smiley  Anyway, yeah, if Hillary is the rule, then definitely option 2.

I think she looks very cute in this photo, though she reminds me an awful lot of those over-achieving but slightly crazy nerdy-girl-students who can become strangely obsessed with a professor.  I don't mean in a sexual way, but its still scary when it happens.

is this more up to your standards?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 01:30:42 PM »

I can't believe it. Someone talks about a girl in a picture that she is "cute" and starts rambling about her looking nerdy and likely to get obsessed with her professor (with the preemptive rebuttal sexual interpretations which I can understand considering a poster), and when I comment on it everybody assumes it has to do with the "cute" part.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 01:52:34 PM »

So, BRTD, what was the case?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 02:10:32 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2012, 02:13:38 PM by They Move on Tracks of Never-Ending Light »

Well it appears the answer is "The ones who were hottest in high school mostly didn't show up, but the ones that did aged very well."

I think though that teenagers judge the attractiveness of other teens weighting different factors than 28-year olds do rating other 28-year olds. For example teens might mock a girl who is slightly overweight, even if she looks great otherwise, ten years later this wouldn't be considered as big a deal, or some might just appreciate that she has a more voluptuous look.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies