What I Believe
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:43:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What I Believe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What I Believe  (Read 1976 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2005, 11:52:14 PM »

Hey all.

When I joined KEmperor's ticket, I always expected that I would be out there in the field campaigning, convincing people to vote for us (or at least vote) and whatnot but I've found that I don't know how to. So I am going to be honest and say that campaigning isn't my strongpoint.

I've been dying to do this from day one, though. I'm not one for big barnstorming, but I do want to help the ticket I believe in. Which is why I am here.

I want to be your future Vice President, and I think you deserve to know more about my views before you vote for this ticket, and the views of the ticket in general.

I want this thread to be a good place for dialogue. I will accept and answer any fair question about my policy, my views, or the ticket in general. Although I do love a good debate, I'd like to keep this friendly and clean so a few standards to the questions I answer:

1) Please don't beat up on poor Alcon with unanswerable questions.

2) Please keep it civil.

3) I want to keep this to a question-answer-followup-followup answer format. Debate is great and everything, but if this thread gets unclean, I'll have trouble answering all of the questions.

4) My views on bringing light to the forum will forever be a mystery - I am not John. Wink

Of course, anyone is invited, even those running against KEmp and I - as long as, of course, the questions are fair and don't involve confusing words (for this threads' purpose, if they are longer than five syllables, you may want to use a synonym.)

So...ask away! Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 04:18:53 AM »

Could you please expand on your strategy for the desistance and cessation of partisanship between the veridical party groupings and others on this forum?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 04:24:36 AM »

Could you please expand on your strategy for the desistance and cessation of partisanship between the veridical party groupings and others on this forum?

I was considering complaining that these words were too long until I realized they have fewer than five syllables. Translating:

"Could you please expand on your strategy for the stopping and stopping of partisanship between the truthful (?) parties and others on this forum?"

The truth is that there is not way too much that could possibly be done - some people will always be rabid partisans. However, owing to the fact that we have two different avatar colors on this ticket, I believe that the ticket itself is a good start.

Hopefully one day people will not vote on avatars, but rather on positions. That may mean they vote for all leftist candidates, but an informed decision is better than an uninformed one, even if it has the same result.

So, in all honesty, the answer to your question is pretty much nothing. Wink
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 04:27:20 AM »

What's your view on secret deals, Tammany Hall style politics and so on?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 04:37:21 AM »

What's your view on secret deals, Tammany Hall style politics and so on?

Politics is at its best when it is transparent. Although in cases where there is an imminent danger, secretiveness is obviously a necessity; however, I am fundamentally of the belief that the ends should never justify the means.

(I'm not quite sure I fully understood the meaning of this question, by the way. Feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted it.)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 04:46:12 AM »

What's your opinion on the Texasgurl v Fritz ruling?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 05:14:36 AM »

What's your opinion on the Texasgurl v Fritz ruling?

I support it; I believe it was the right ruling to make in this case, even if the Activity Act was well-intended. I also supported the senate's explusion of Migrendel.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2005, 05:49:25 AM »

Interesting. What is your opinion of the Fritz v Ernest ruling?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2005, 06:02:20 AM »

Interesting. What is your opinion of the Fritz v Ernest ruling?

It was a fair ruling, although one that had a negative impact. The court did its job, which was in this case unfortunately destructive. It just shows how messed up our current Constitution is.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2005, 08:35:24 AM »

What are the views of the KEmperor/Alcon ticket with regard to environmental regulations (e.g., the regulation of stuff like CO2 emissions) and with regard to the environment in general?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2005, 08:37:58 AM »

I was considering complaining that these words were too long until I realized they have fewer than five syllables. Translating:

"Could you please expand on your strategy for the stopping and stopping of partisanship between the truthful (?) parties and others on this forum?"
Hopefully one day people will not vote on avatars, but rather on positions. That may mean they vote for all leftist candidates, but an informed decision is better than an uninformed one, even if it has the same result.
Yeah, "veridical" fazed me too. Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2005, 08:48:19 AM »

thats what it was designed to do. Either way, you're German so you have an even better reason Wink
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2005, 08:49:48 AM »

Will you vote for John F. Kennedy for PPT next session, if he gets re-elected, you get elected, and the vote is tied at 5 each?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2005, 09:17:09 AM »

This is similar to Akno's question, but if the Senate is tied 5-5 and KEmporer wants you to break the tie in a certain you disagree with, what will you do?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2005, 11:10:32 AM »

An important question in my mind, Mr. San Croix, is, if KEmp either died, was incapacitated, or resigned from the office of the Presidency, how would you govern Atlasia? Would you support AFDNC policy positions or will you try to remain non-partisan? 
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2005, 03:02:58 PM »

Does your name mean that you're really Al in disguise?

[I am so bored. So very very boooooored]
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2005, 03:34:44 PM »

Yes. AHAHAHAHAHA! Damn... blown my cover... curses...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2005, 03:40:30 PM »

Al that con-artist!!! Only he would create a second user name and post under it 2569 times!!!
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2005, 03:41:54 PM »

Al that con-artist!!! Only he would create a second user name and post under it 2569 times!!!

Al probably has enough intelligent points to be able to concurrently run two different user names though.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2005, 04:01:12 PM »

I have the following questions:

1. Which of the following would you defend to your death (or at least in cabinet meetings and with your tie break vote):

i. The Present level of Federal Education Funding.
ii. The Marriage Equity Act (i.e. would you vote to stop a repeal)

The remaining questions are simply for my personal amusement, but do answer them.

2. If you had to spend the rest of your life with one of the following forum members on a desert island, which one would it be. Consider that God has placed a protective cloak around the individual so it is impossible to harm him and he will outlive you:

i. PD
ii. Opebo
iii. jFRAUD
iv. Bandit
v. AuH2O
vi. Philip
vii. Keystone Phil and Irish Dem[or his other aliases] (has to be together)
viii. BRTD

3. Should God domesticate the Queen?

4. What is your favourite piece of music right now?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2005, 05:28:54 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2005, 05:36:48 PM by Alcon »

Sorry for the delayed answers. I was sleeping for what I think is the second time this year.

What are the views of the KEmperor/Alcon ticket with regard to environmental regulations (e.g., the regulation of stuff like CO2 emissions) and with regard to the environment in general?

I consider myself a semi-environmentalists; I support these measures, and environmental measures in general, as long as they do not cause significant job loss.

Will you vote for John F. Kennedy for PPT next session, if he gets re-elected, you get elected, and the vote is tied at 5 each?

Yes. I don't see why not.

This is similar to Akno's question, but if the Senate is tied 5-5 and KEmporer wants you to break the tie in a certain you disagree with, what will you do?

I will vote my opinion; KEmperor is not the President of the Senate. I want to be fair in my votes, but I will not be submissive.

An important question in my mind, Mr. San Croix, is, if KEmp either died, was incapacitated, or resigned from the office of the Presidency, how would you govern Atlasia? Would you support AFDNC policy positions or will you try to remain non-partisan? 

I won't kid you by saying that I could remaint totally non-partisan. I would do my best to remain nonpartisan, but at times when partisanship is a requirement, I would vote what I truly belief. I don't care what platform it's on.

[I am so bored. So very very boooooored]

Now I have to kill you.

I have the following questions:

1. Which of the following would you defend to your death (or at least in cabinet meetings and with your tie break vote):

i. The Present level of Federal Education Funding.
ii. The Marriage Equity Act (i.e. would you vote to stop a repeal)

The remaining questions are simply for my personal amusement, but do answer them.

2. If you had to spend the rest of your life with one of the following forum members on a desert island, which one would it be. Consider that God has placed a protective cloak around the individual so it is impossible to harm him and he will outlive you:

i. PD
ii. Opebo
iii. jFRAUD
iv. Bandit
v. AuH2O
vi. Philip
vii. Keystone Phil and Irish Dem[or his other aliases] (has to be together)
viii. BRTD

3. Should God domesticate the Queen?

4. What is your favourite piece of music right now?

1. I would defend it to the best of my abilities, but I will not be an impedement to progress - even if I disagree with it - if it is what is wanted for Atlasia. However, I will debate it tooth and nail.

i. Never really knew him, but no.
ii. He would probably spend the entire time talking about the Christian right's control over the deserted island.
iii. He would probably claim the deserted island was carried by voter fraud.
iv. He would probably claim the deserted island was carried by voter fraud and has been since 1960.
v. No.
vi. He would probably claim that being placed on the deserted island violates his 16th amendment rights.
vii. PLEASE NO
viii. He would probably complain that the island was too suburban. So him I guess.

3. With haste.

4. I mostly listen to alternative rock. Lately I'm not into much of anything. Whatever's on.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2005, 05:33:33 PM »

WHAT ABOUT #3?!?

It is obviously the most important one.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2005, 11:34:57 PM »

Bump - I welcome any more questions. Smiley
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2005, 11:45:44 PM »

What reasons would I, a fairly liberal person in both social and economic senses, have for voting for your ticket as opposed to the Lewis-TD ticket?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2005, 01:28:02 AM »

What reasons would I, a fairly liberal person in both social and economic senses, have for voting for your ticket as opposed to the Lewis-TD ticket?

The ticket is an attempt to unite Atlasia. KEmp is a right-of-center guy, and I am left-of-center. The fact that KEmp chose me was a risk alone; he risked alienating the right. However, I like to think he has made a choice that shows that he wants to run an administration not of partisan bickering, but one that includes liberals and conservatives alike.

Lewis is a great guy, but is running on a ticket of just being liberal. That's not reason enough to run in my eyes. He hasn't provided many alternatives nor explained why he is running. He may fit your politics more than this ticket, but unlike the far-left ticket, our ticket was made to get something accomplished, not just run for the sake of running.

I do hope we will get your vote. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies