Michigan Governor Election 2006
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:41:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Michigan Governor Election 2006
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Michigan Governor Election 2006  (Read 1981 times)
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2005, 11:26:57 PM »

Granholm should win easily, although there's 2 years left!
I don't think she will get more than 57% of the vote,  and almost no chance at 60%.  The republicans have a nice base here in michigan outside of Detroit and other major cities it's all republican.  The only republican candidate running offically is Oakland Co. Sheriff Michael Bouchard.  And although he's a no name candidate who's only held county office he won't get killed  (Even Carl Levin only got 61% against a no name state representative, he got 38%)
The race would be closer or even competitive if one of the well known popular republicans ran like U.S. congresspeople Candice Miller, Mike Rogers, or Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox ran but they are all in safe seats and don't want to risk losing.  Also they are most likely waiting for 2010 when Granholm is term limited of if Carl Levin retires in 2008.  Also were  rumors of rocker Ted Nugent running but I have heard anything new on this and he would have trouble getting the nomination.

There was a poll taken Granholm vs Bouchard and if I recall it was somthing like 55-32
The last poll I saw had Granholm's job approval rating at 60% and  65% have a favorable view of her.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 02:14:52 AM »

Hate Granholm, but I think she'll win in 2006.  I have no idea why she's so popular, she's raised the income tax, raised the cigarette tax, and Michigan's unemployment rate is rising when the nation as a whole is falling.  Talked to a friend who's sure she'll win in 2006 only because she's the first woman governor.  While it may be a stretch, consider that Detroit kept re-electing Coleman Young as a mayor only because he was the first black mayor, meanwhile the city was lead down the drain.  As for Ted Nugent, I've also heard rumors he'll run.  Might vote for him, even if he is Republican
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 09:15:14 AM »

Good analysis, 9Iron. I think you are just about right on.

Granholm will get about 55% is my estimate. Rogers, Miller, and Cox are the only ones who would have had a chance of winning, and none of them will run.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 12:30:04 PM »

on a side note, i just dont understand why so many think granholm is so hot.  sure, she is reasonably attractive for a woman of her years.  but hot?  no.  far from it.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 01:06:17 PM »

on a side note, i just dont understand why so many think granholm is so hot.  sure, she is reasonably attractive for a woman of her years.  but hot?  no.  far from it.

If she let her hair grow out she would look good.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 08:43:47 AM »

on a side note, i just dont understand why so many think granholm is so hot. sure, she is reasonably attractive for a woman of her years. but hot? no. far from it.

Call me crazy, but Jane Swift is actually not that bad looking, either. In fact I think I prefer her to Granholm.

And I don't think Granholm is hot, she's attractive for a 45-year old woman, but I don't generally go for women that old.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies