Why do no Democrats here score on the economic right?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:22:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why do no Democrats here score on the economic right?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why do no Democrats here score on the economic right?  (Read 5001 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2005, 12:55:37 AM »

The reason is because, as has been true traditionally, the Republicans are a much more ideologically diverse group than the Democrats, who claim diversity, but are really just a collection of minorities, poor people, educators and some others, who all think more or less alike.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2005, 01:12:48 AM »

The reason is because, as has been true traditionally, the Republicans are a much more ideologically diverse group than the Democrats, who claim diversity, but are really just a collection of minorities, poor people, educators and some others, who all think more or less alike.

Everyone but you is a sheep, eh?

That's why the Democrats are divided on the Iraq War and Gay Marriage?  Eh, Blacks and other Democrats can often be socially conservative but feel attached to the Democrats for civil rights (affirmative action) and economic reasons, just like Republicans are often socially liberal but feel attached to the party for economic reasons or whatever.

I think your last post was just absurd.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2005, 01:27:14 AM »

Everyone but you is a sheep, eh?

That's why the Democrats are divided on the Iraq War and Gay Marriage?  Eh, Blacks and other Democrats can often be socially conservative but feel attached to the Democrats for civil rights (affirmative action) and economic reasons, just like Republicans are often socially liberal but feel attached to the party for economic reasons or whatever.

I think your last post was just absurd.

Ummmm... no, I didn't say sheep.  Have you ever heard of Steven Wayne or Polsby or Charlie Cook?  They would tell you the same thing.

And since I have read all their works and talk to Mr. Cook personally, I think that I would know.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies