Selena Gomez (R) vs. Miley Cirus (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:25:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Selena Gomez (R) vs. Miley Cirus (D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you choose?
Selena Gomez

Miley Cyrus

The hot one

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Selena Gomez (R) vs. Miley Cirus (D)  (Read 3692 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2012, 06:31:34 PM »

Just thought of this, thought it would be interesting, and there will be something similar to this in a TL I'm planning over the summer.  Whaddaya think?

Regardless of politics, Selena obviously gets my vote hands down.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 07:08:30 PM »

That would be an...um...interesting TL...
A Proud Republican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:31:13 PM »

Indeed it would be, and while Gomez v. Cirus was tearing the country apart, dark horse Kristinia Debarge would sneak up the middle and take the Big Prize.

I see bloodshed and wanton violence in the streets. Apart from that, I'd probably stay home and not make the effort to vote. Unless there was a decent third party candidate out there.

This is all assuming they're as old/young as they are now, have as much experience of politics as they really have now (none), and have as few songs I can recall as now.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:33:26 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2012, 09:36:07 PM by Jerseyrules »

Indeed it would be, and while Gomez v. Cirus was tearing the country apart, dark horse Kristinia Debarge would sneak up the middle and take the Big Prize.

I see bloodshed and wanton violence in the streets. Apart from that, I'd probably stay home and not make the effort to vote. Unless there was a decent third party candidate out there.

This is all assuming they're as old/young as they are now, have as much experience of politics as they really have now (none), and have as few songs I can recall as now.

Obviously this is in 20-ish years, and Miley won't happen ever.  (not even in an alternate America.).  But I think that Selena could gain national following; she's not nearly as bad as Miley Cyrus (excluding the fact that she can actually act and sing Wink).  She is also very involved in UNICEF and green initiative campaigns.  Anyway, I saw a recent Hannity interview, and she seemed to know her stuff.  (Obviously he wasnt throwing her curve balls, but you know what I mean.)

Who's Christina Debarge?
A Proud Republican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 10:00:26 PM »

Her name is Kristinia DeBarge. She is a singer/songwriter, just like the two you listed here.

Regarding that interview, she sounds like a possible budding intellect, but we'll have to wait and see what happens. I'd need to know more about her potential political views.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 11:09:32 PM »

Her name is Kristinia DeBarge. She is a singer/songwriter, just like the two you listed here.

Regarding that interview, she sounds like a possible budding intellect, but we'll have to wait and see what happens. I'd need to know more about her potential political views.

And for the sake of careers, their views are unlikely to be revealed for quite some time, making it both harder and easier for TL writers like us Wink.  We are given more room, even though it's tougher to think about what they'd say and believe
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 11:10:42 PM »

Suicide.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 11:12:04 PM »

Oh come on, Selena's not that bad.  Certainly not as annoying as the alternative.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 11:20:21 PM »

Oh come on, Selena's not that bad.  Certainly not as annoying as the alternative.

Please. Do not bring the annoying Disney female singers into the wonderful world of politics. Don't do this to me. (and hey, you criticized the very idea I might enjoy a Cheney Presidency. This is far beyond that in terms of dystopia)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 11:29:17 PM »

After the Stock Market Crash of 1929, the country needs to build up consumer demand among preteen girls. The Constitution is amended to allow 19-year olds to become president, and allow consumption of alcohol to make it all bearable for the older folk.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 11:32:57 PM »

I've only heard one song by Selena, that "Love you like a Love Song" one.  It's quite possibly the most repetitive song I've ever heard. It just sounds so uninspired. She's supposed to be confessing something really emotional, and she sounds like she'd rather be doing her taxes.

That put me off of her, but I'm no fan of Cyrus either, though I'd favor her if they were the only two I could support. Assuming I could only write in pop stars, I'd go for Ke$ha. 

Good God, why did I give this so much thought?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 11:49:44 PM »

Write-in: Mary Carey/Stormy Daniels
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 12:08:59 AM »

Please. Do not bring the annoying Disney female singers into the wonderful world of politics. Don't do this to me. (and hey, you criticized the very idea I might enjoy a Cheney Presidency. This is far beyond that in terms of dystopia)

Hey at least my dystopia is aesthetically pleasing
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 12:10:08 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2012, 12:12:24 AM by Jerseyrules »

I've only heard one song by Selena, that "Love you like a Love Song" one.  It's quite possibly the most repetitive song I've ever heard. It just sounds so uninspired. She's supposed to be confessing something really emotional, and she sounds like she'd rather be doing her taxes.

That put me off of her, but I'm no fan of Cyrus either, though I'd favor her if they were the only two I could support. Assuming I could only write in pop stars, I'd go for Ke$ha.  

Good God, why did I give this so much thought?

Cuz you're as entertained by the prospect of an attractive female president as I am.

And at least she has a decent voice.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 12:10:58 AM »

After the Stock Market Crash of 1929, the country needs to build up consumer demand among preteen girls. The Constitution is amended to allow 19-year olds to become president, and allow consumption of alcohol to make it all bearable for the older folk.

Wut?
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 09:53:13 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2012, 09:59:37 AM by villagevoice »

I dont think Selena would be GOP. That said, I'd probably pick her. While Cyrus would probably be more open to things like drug policy reform, her bout with eating disorders and self-harm shows she is probably not as stable as I would like the Chief Executive to be. Selena's greatest flaw, on the other hand, is probably just being a bit too Mary Sue and dating someone that she could do better than.

Also, I accidentally voted Cyrus in the poll.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »

Virginity will be an issue.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 12:30:04 PM »

and with both likely not being virgins (let's be real), neither will have a net gain
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 02:49:45 PM »

Wut?
This is a good context for the timeline, don't ya think?  Or did you have another era in mind?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 05:36:01 PM »

Wut?
This is a good context for the timeline, don't ya think?  Or did you have another era in mind?

Your scenario would be good, but I was thinking in 10-20 years of having Gomez be running as the incumbent governor of New York after a successful 4-term service as mayor of New York City after Justin Beiber mysteriously got shot 2 years from now.  But that's just me Wink.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 05:37:26 PM »

I dont think Selena would be GOP. That said, I'd probably pick her. While Cyrus would probably be more open to things like drug policy reform, her bout with eating disorders and self-harm shows she is probably not as stable as I would like the Chief Executive to be. Selena's greatest flaw, on the other hand, is probably just being a bit too Mary Sue and dating someone that she could do better than.

I think she would.  She's pro-environment but that doesn't mean anything.  When I tried to look up her beliefs it just said Justin Beiber was pro-life and pro-Canadian healthcare (those people have weird ideological computers)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 05:38:59 PM »

Cyrus always stuck me as a Dixiecrat/DINO or whatever you wanna call it.  I think she's from somewhere in Dixie, I believe Tennessee.  I've always thought it would be funny if Billy Ray got into politics, and he'd make a much better candidate
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 07:23:49 PM »

I think she would.  She's pro-environment but that doesn't mean anything.  When I tried to look up her beliefs it just said Justin Beiber was pro-life and pro-Canadian healthcare (those people have weird ideological computers)

I can't say for sure, but to me she seems like a quiet standard Dem supporter.

As for Cyrus, I am not sure I would base her leanings solely on where she is from. She has a record on twitter of bashing Urban Outfitters' political affiliations, Rick Santorum, and advocating for LGBT equality...not to mention her recent probable flirting with Agnosticism....Throw in Hollywood and youth and it is difficult to see her voting GOP.

Finally, I can't believe we are having a discussion on this hypothetical race, haha
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 03:36:11 PM »

I think she would.  She's pro-environment but that doesn't mean anything.  When I tried to look up her beliefs it just said Justin Beiber was pro-life and pro-Canadian healthcare (those people have weird ideological computers)

I can't say for sure, but to me she seems like a quiet standard Dem supporter.

As for Cyrus, I am not sure I would base her leanings solely on where she is from. She has a record on twitter of bashing Urban Outfitters' political affiliations, Rick Santorum, and advocating for LGBT equality...not to mention her recent probable flirting with Agnosticism....Throw in Hollywood and youth and it is difficult to see her voting GOP.

Finally, I can't believe we are having a discussion on this hypothetical race, haha

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.  I didn't know Cyrus was so politically involved.  But you know what they say, opinions are like assholes.  Everybody has one, and some are much louder than others Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies