Campaign Office of TJ/Tmthforu for the Mideast
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 08:27:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Campaign Office of TJ/Tmthforu for the Mideast
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Campaign Office of TJ/Tmthforu for the Mideast  (Read 5334 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2013, 02:20:08 PM »

Thank you for your service! I hope this isn't the last the Mideast has heard of TJ. Wink
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 02:24:54 PM »

Hope you have a pleasent retirement.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2013, 03:16:47 PM »

I have enjoyed working with you even if we rarely see eye-to-eye. Enjoy your retirement, comrade.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »

You've fought well, TJ! I hope one day you will serve Atlasia once again! Until then enjoy retirement. Smiley
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2014, 11:20:46 PM »

It's time to clear the thick layer of dust off my old campaign office for my Mideast Gubernatorial campaign! During the campaign, the other office will contain official announcements relating to the Office of Mideast Governor while this office will contain campaign information.

To celebrate the re-opening, I'll be unveiling the campaign's banner!

**tears sheet down from behind podium**

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2014, 03:58:44 PM »

Why on Earth did you use Algerian?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2014, 04:11:39 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2014, 04:18:58 PM by Enderman »

I'm sorry Mr Governor, but I have something in my utmost concern. In the Assembly thread I noticed these two quotes:

Seeing no objection, the motion is carried.

The speaker seems to have taken a vacation, so therefore I nominate myself as a temporary speaker until the next elections.

Now I am far from an expert on Constitutions, but I do know that NINE HOURS is no where near enough of time for other Assemblymen for any "objections". Back in the IDS, when I was acting speaker, I recall there was an approval for it. Now I do not know whether this is criminal, or I'm just the raging idiot flailing into your office, but I would consider some insight on this.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2014, 09:57:29 PM »

I'm sorry Mr Governor, but I have something in my utmost concern. In the Assembly thread I noticed these two quotes:

The speaker seems to have taken a vacation, so therefore I nominate myself as a temporary speaker until the next elections.

Now I am far from an expert on Constitutions, but I do know that NINE HOURS is no where near enough of time for other Assemblymen for any "objections". Back in the IDS, when I was acting speaker, I recall there was an approval for it. Now I do not know whether this is criminal, or I'm just the raging idiot flailing into your office, but I would consider some insight on this.

We don't actually have a written procedure for removing a speaker or appointing a new one. The only officially prescribed procedure for electing a speaker is written for the start of a term. Given the lack of a textual requirement, the Speakership is left up to the Assembly's discretion. The Constitution specifically grants the Assembly the power to choose its officers. Certainly if I were an Assemblyman I would want to at least see some sort of consensus subsequent to the declaration of a change in Speakership. However, if the other Assemblymen recognize Hifly's proclaimed role of Speaker and pass legislation under his leadership by a majority vote, I will consider it passed and either sign or veto it accordingly.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2014, 10:27:51 PM »

We don't actually have a written procedure for removing a speaker or appointing a new one. The only officially prescribed procedure for electing a speaker is written for the start of a term. Given the lack of a textual requirement, the Speakership is left up to the Assembly's discretion. The Constitution specifically grants the Assembly the power to choose its officers. Certainly if I were an Assemblyman I would want to at least see some sort of consensus subsequent to the declaration of a change in Speakership. However, if the other Assemblymen recognize Hifly's proclaimed role of Speaker and pass legislation under his leadership by a majority vote, I will consider it passed and either sign or veto it accordingly.

Oh okay. Thank you Mr. Governor
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2014, 07:22:51 PM »

Update:

As part of our revitalization efforts, we are currently working on updating the Mideast Wiki page, which has been neglected in recent months. If you have any suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2014, 07:26:14 PM »

Update:

As part of our revitalization efforts, we are currently working on updating the Mideast Wiki page, which has been neglected in recent months. If you have any suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us!

Thank God. Maybe the rest of the regions and the game will follow suit.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2014, 11:41:20 PM »

Remember to vote!!

Especially if you're planning to vote for me Tongue
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2014, 02:07:41 AM »

Governor, this passed earlier. Are you going to be signing it into law?
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2014, 03:29:47 AM »

Yes I forgot to mention that.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2014, 08:26:37 AM »

Governor, this passed earlier. Are you going to be signing it into law?

Amendments don't get signed or vetoed by the governor; we'll have to approve (or disapprove) by referendum. By law the referendums may only begin on Thursdays, so it will have to wait until next week.

I obviously support it if that's what you're asking Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies