CO: PPP: Obama up double-digits (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:19:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CO: PPP: Obama up double-digits (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: PPP: Obama up double-digits  (Read 11768 times)
ajb
United States

« on: April 10, 2012, 07:08:02 PM »

Did anyone notice that Obama's numbers among latinos are actually kind of poor?

If the Obama campaign picks up 58% of the Latino vote, it loses the election in Colorado.  As far as I'm concerned, those are the only real numbers that matter here.  I don't buy the numbers among independents, and unless Obama completely dominates unaffiliateds and gets a 2008-esque turnout among Democrats, those Latino numbers will doom his chances here, and perhaps elsewhere.
Mind you, why would you buy those Latino numbers, but not the independent numbers? I'd suggest that it might be a wash between the two -- Obama probably won't do as well as this among independents as this poll suggests, but Romney is also the least Latino-friendly candidate the Republicans have had in a decade or more, especially on the issue of immigration, so Obama's likely, in the end, to do better than 58% among Latinos.
ajb
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 12:39:30 AM »

And you have to question how many of those votes are fraud, and most likely the Democrat party wants to court as many illegal votes as possible to keep CO in the blue column for future elections.  I don't buy it one bit, you people make me sick to my stomach. CO is a melting pot for west coast Liberalism and idiots.

Yes, you have to question, but only if you're a racist idiot. Obama won CO in 2008 by a larger margin (215,000) than all of the illegal immigrants estimated to be in Colorado - of all ages (144,000). You seem to forget that there are over 1,000,000 Latinos in CO that can by all definitions of the law, legally vote.

But why let facts get in the way?
ajb
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:44:57 PM »

But not compared to some moderate and even states like Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio, Michigan, Maine, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, and Florida that voted in GOP extremists who are becoming very unpopular very quickly.

Name one "GOP extremist" in Wisconsin or even an "unpopular" GOP office holder. 
hint: their isn't one. 
LOL.
ajb
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 01:21:10 PM »

But not compared to some moderate and even states like Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio, Michigan, Maine, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, and Florida that voted in GOP extremists who are becoming very unpopular very quickly.

Name one "GOP extremist" in Wisconsin or even an "unpopular" GOP office holder. 
hint: their isn't one. 

Anyone in the legislature not named Dale Schultz. 

Actually I'm not an expert on his district, but that Rino might be the ONE and only unpopular R in the state.  That mining bill was such a disgrace to his legacy and the entire democrat party.   

"Surviving recall vote" is really defining "popular" downward.
ajb
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 02:01:54 PM »

Gass3268, So outside of the statehouse not one extremist? ? ?

How about the majority of people in Ozaukee, Waukesha and Washington Counties?

You do realize modest adjustments to balance budgets and improve the economy isn't exactly a definition of extreme right?

Yeah but taking away a right is a definition of extremism.

Sigh, Collective Bargaining is not a right, it is a privilege.  Walker gave public employees the privilege to opt out of these belligerent Unions.  I know that expansion of freedom is scary to you, but it is not extremist.  Thinking you have a right from God to Bargain against the taxpayers of Wisconsin IS extremist.

Ozaukee, Waukesha and Washington Counties are the most productive, highest tax-paying people in the state, what is extreme about them?      

I guess I'm with Ronald Reagan on this one:
"These are the values inspiring those brave workers in Poland. The values that have inspired other dissidents under Communist domination.  They remind us that where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.  They remind us that freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  You and I must protect and preserve freedom here or it will not be passed on to our children.  Today the workers in Poland are showing a new generation not how high is the price of freedom but how much it is worth that price."

Also:

"I happen to be the only president of a union ever to be a candidate for President of the United States.
As president of my union -- the Screen Actors Guild -- I spent many hours with the late George Meany, whose love of this country and whose belief in a strong defense against all totalitarians is one of labor’s greatest legacies. "

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/reference/9.1.80.html

It's a measure of today's Republican party that it now views defending something Ronald Reagan saw as a bulwark against totalitarianism makes you in to a leftist extremist.
ajb
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 02:31:17 PM »

I think I heard that 100 decibel principle at work in the Wisconsin capitol last year.  It sounded something like "I will not pay a dime toward my million dollar pension!!!"

If that's what you heard, then you simply weren't listening:

"In fast-moving events Friday: Leaders of the state's biggest public worker unions said they would give in to the governor's demand for concessions on workers' benefits if Walker would give up his bid to repeal nearly all public union bargaining rights; Walker rejected that offer, saying government needed more flexibility in dealing with its employees; "

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/116470423.html
ajb
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »

I think I heard that 100 decibel principle at work in the Wisconsin capitol last year.  It sounded something like "I will not pay a dime toward my million dollar pension!!!"

If that's what you heard, then you simply weren't listening:

"In fast-moving events Friday: Leaders of the state's biggest public worker unions said they would give in to the governor's demand for concessions on workers' benefits if Walker would give up his bid to repeal nearly all public union bargaining rights; Walker rejected that offer, saying government needed more flexibility in dealing with its employees; "

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/116470423.html

Sigh, They made that up after they lost the PR battle badly the first few days.  
"Trust us governor, we will reverse our decades long pattern of behavior and work on behalf of the taxpayers! ! !"  "Just give us all our power back so we can take you out."

They have repeatedly refused to do what you are claiming they agreed to, in the communities that are not operating under act 10 because Union controlled school boards rammed through contract extensions and are now broke and must lay off teachers.  They would rather fire their "brothers and sisters" than make the concessions they already "agreed too."

Don't forget, of course, that the Wisconsin state pension system was one of the very few in the country that was properly funded all along, while composing 1.35% of the state budget:

http://www.stateline.org/live/details/story?contentId=556976

And, since pension contributions were deferred compensation, Wisconsin public-sector workers were actually paying for their pension themselves after all. What Gov. Walker was asking them to do was not to contribute more to their pensions, but to take a pay cut.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2011/02/25/the-wisconsin-lie-exposed-taxpayers-actually-contribute-nothing-to-public-employee-pensions/
ajb
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 03:00:18 PM »

wow!,

not paying anything toward your pension = "paying for their pension themselves after all"

and

"deferred compensation" = I get paid after I stop working via "Magic"
No, "deferred compensation", meaning "I'll take some of my salary now, and put some of it into a pension fund instead."
ajb
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 03:16:13 PM »

wow!,

not paying anything toward your pension = "paying for their pension themselves after all"

and

"deferred compensation" = I get paid after I stop working via "Magic"
No, "deferred compensation", meaning "I'll take some of my salary now, and put some of it into a pension fund instead."

OK I read your link, "From Governor Walker’s standpoint, however, it’s an issue of equity. From 2000 to 2009, the governor says, Wisconsin taxpayers spent about $12.6 billion on public employee pensions while public employees contributed only $55.4 million.

" I think that comes out to 0.4%...  wow and 99.6% magically appears. 
Fixed your quote from the stateline.org piece. From the Forbes (Forbes, mind you!) piece, citing a piece on tax.com:

"Gov. Scott Walker says he wants state workers covered by collective bargaining agreements to “contribute more” to their pension and health insurance plans. Accepting Gov. Walker’ s assertions as fact, and failing to check, creates the impression that somehow the workers are getting something extra, a gift from taxpayers. They are not. Out of every dollar that funds Wisconsin’ s pension and health insurance plans for state workers, 100 cents comes from the state workers."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies