The Great Nordic Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:47:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Great Nordic Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Iceland and Norway ever join the EU?
Iceland, but not Norway

Norway, but not Iceland

Both

None of them

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 178

Author Topic: The Great Nordic Thread  (Read 202452 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« on: April 15, 2013, 03:55:31 PM »

clarence must be summoned here asap.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 08:59:34 AM »

At their party conference the Red Green Alliance in Denmark agreed on a new party program to replace the very long and very Marxist one they had, which has made it difficult to connect to new voter groups unfamiliar with left wing tradition and Marxist terminology.

The Red Greens have grown from 2.300 members to 10.000 since the last party program was agreed upon and many of the new members are also unfamiliar with Marxist terminology, so even internally this makes sense.

The old program mentioned revolution 29 times, the new one only once and in a context where its clear that they want to do it by democratic methods.

Also they are going from wanting communal ownership of all means of production to only wanting "fundamental changes to the economic structure".

A controversial paragraph about abolishing the police and replacing it with workers militias (in a hypothetical revolutionary situation) is also gone and they even back the military, all though only to be used in UN peace keeping operations.

So all in all. Moderate heroes! As a Trotskyist stated: The new programme tries to bridge from the left wing to the Liberals.

Party leadership has also been met with criticism for trying to weed out far left and controversial candidates for the next election.

Among them is Muslim convert Anna Rytter.
Good for them, I'll say. The real question is not what's in a party's programme from any congress, but how they implement it and what political choices they make. Getting rid of archaic marxist terminology has always been on my personal book.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 07:40:27 AM »

What is this Danish Whisky Belt you referred to ? I'm curious.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 08:36:23 AM »

Just saw this one on the electograph blog, and since I hadn't followed this thread or even this board since last October (I tend to only lurk International elections now) I had no clue the Pirates were polling this fukcing high ! Iceland never ceases to amaze. Do you think there is a remote possibility that Iceland are in fact 300,000 comedians just fooling with us all ?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies