The Great Nordic Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:42:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Great Nordic Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Iceland and Norway ever join the EU?
Iceland, but not Norway

Norway, but not Iceland

Both

None of them

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 178

Author Topic: The Great Nordic Thread  (Read 203988 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 22, 2020, 05:57:47 AM »

Sweden still won’t pass a mask law.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 04:13:25 PM »

It's interesting that starting in August, I began seeing more and more people wearing masks on their own, and every month more people start wearing them.

Overwhelmingly it's younger people in their 20s, followed by older people, but very few other groups wear them. Meanwhile, public transit gets progressively more crowded every week, and we're seemingly almost at pre-COVID levels
Even with case numbers rising?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 07:25:04 AM »

It's interesting that starting in August, I began seeing more and more people wearing masks on their own, and every month more people start wearing them.

Overwhelmingly it's younger people in their 20s, followed by older people, but very few other groups wear them. Meanwhile, public transit gets progressively more crowded every week, and we're seemingly almost at pre-COVID levels
Even with case numbers rising?

Yes. While Stockholm was basically a ghost town between March 17th and end of May, by June there was a small bump in activity, then back to a ghost town in July during the summer holidays, but then in August people returned to the city and through the end of October it felt like COVID was just not a thing. We were almost back to January 2020 levels of activity.

But over the past month the warnings have gotten more and more shrill/urgent with stricter limitations, and I think people are starting to get a bit scared again. But I doubt we'll go back to the level of caution that existed in the March - June period.

That seems to be a problem in most countries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies