Pentagon considering "Death Squads" in Iraq

<< < (2/2)

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
what no one realizes is these groups don't work as intended. Last time they just ended up killing nuns.

Gabu:
Quote from: J. J. on January 09, 2005, 11:40:28 PM

(I can add some "You hate America" remarks if it will make BRTD happy, but my heart won't be in it.)

J. J., why do you hate America so much?

:)

Smash255:
In doing something like this you really have to be very careful in who you arm, train, etc.  

The issue is a few things.
\
1.  We could see an explosion in civillian casualties as a result (as we seen in Central America during the 80's

2.  Those who we arm, & train may not exactly be good citizens.  We have to look at everything, but we also have to llok at long term goals, rather than just the short.  Could this help us in the short term?  possibly, its hard to even say, but what kind of impact could it have in the long term.  Could we be training and arming the next generation of terrorists & scumbags, much the way we did with Osama in Afghanistan during the 80's, and as we did with Saddam during the 80's as well.

The El Salvador like option seems  bit scary to me.  How it might help the situation in Iraq if at all is unclear at best & the really ugly situation it could lean to down the road is very very dangerous

opebo:
I wonder if 'Death Squads' would've worked for the British in the colonies...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page