Cheney resigns citing health problems in 2006... Frist appointed VP

<< < (2/6) > >>

Moooooo:
Quote from: Philip on January 09, 2005, 12:46:57 PM

The economy already turned around, unemployment is already at a record low, and we already know that 68% of Americans support partial privatization of Social Security. The one big what-if is Iraq.

Unemployment is at a record low compared to when?  That 68% for privitization of SS drops to like 40% when they hear about the 2 trillion needed for transition costs.

opebo:
Quote from: Philip on January 09, 2005, 12:46:57 PM

The economy already turned around, unemployment is already at a record low, and we already know that 68% of Americans support partial privatization of Social Security. The one big what-if is Iraq.

Unemployment was much lower under Clinton.  Of course it was even lower back in the Kennedy and Johnson years.

Moooooo:
Quote from: Philip on January 09, 2005, 12:38:27 PM

If we run Bill First, we lose.

I dont see why Frist would be so bad.  Depeneding on the Democratic candidate it would be virtually the same election as 2004.  The whole election comming down to Ohio and Florida.

A18:
Post the poll that says support drops to 40%. I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to see it.

Would you rather Bush sit there and let Social Security go bankrupt? Regardless, I can't see how anyone could not like his/her personal SS account.

The unemployment rate is lower now than when Clinton ran for reelection eight years ago, and lower than in past decades.

J. J.:
Quote from: nickshepDEM on January 09, 2005, 12:58:08 PM

Quote from: Philip on January 09, 2005, 12:38:27 PM

If we run Bill First, we lose.

I dont see why Frist would be so bad.  Depeneding on the Democratic candidate it would be virtually the same election as 2004.  The whole election comming down to Ohio and Florida.

This could be called "J. J.'s Observation."  It's not of the status of a rule, but here it is:  "Being a governor or ex-governor helps someone become president."  Frist's disadvantage is that he is a Senator.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page