Ann Coulter-WHAT'S THEIR PROBLEM WITH ROMNEY?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:34:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ann Coulter-WHAT'S THEIR PROBLEM WITH ROMNEY?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ann Coulter-WHAT'S THEIR PROBLEM WITH ROMNEY?  (Read 1818 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 29, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »

Although I'm not a big fan of Coulter myself. Once you exclude all the right-wing rhetoric she actually makes alot of pretty good points from a pragmatic and strategic standpoint like how the GOP base is pissing this race away.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2012-02-22.html#read_more
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »

Although I'm not a big fan of Coulter myself. Once you exclude all the right-wing rhetoric she actually makes alot of pretty good points from a pragmatic and strategic standpoint like how the GOP base is pissing this race away.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2012-02-22.html#read_more

I'm sorry, this is really bothering me.

a lot
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 04:33:53 PM »

Mann Coulter is a political sellout (I want to use a certain term, but that would get me infraction points), so why should be surprised/care if she endorses Romney.
ajb
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 04:39:43 PM »

You've gotta hand it to Ann Coulter.

"Romney pushed the conservative alternative to national health care that, had it been adopted in the 49 other states, would have killed Obamacare in the crib by solving the health insurance problem at the state level."

Repealing Obamacare is the most important national priority!!!! If only we'd implemented it in all 50 states first, we wouldn't be in the horrible position of having it at the national level!!!!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 04:45:33 PM »

'If Chris Christie doesn't get in then Mitt Romney will be the nominee and we'll lose.'
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 04:45:53 PM »

"Romney pushed the conservative alternative to national health care that, had it been adopted in the 49 other states, would have killed Obamacare in the crib by solving the health insurance problem at the state level."

She does realize they are the same damn bill......right?
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 05:14:41 PM »

I've never heard Ann Coulter speak, but I'd say she sounds like nails on a chalkboard. What a troll.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »

It's not Ann Coulter unless she's telling us why everybody else is stupid and clueless.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »

For gods sake...her name is Mann Coulter Tongue Your all saying it wrong.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »

I love how she went from abhorring Romney to basically living out of his pocket. What's new from the "anti establishment-establishment" You guys are waiting for your Obama.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 06:49:50 PM »
« Edited: February 29, 2012, 06:52:52 PM by redcommander »

I love how she went from abhorring Romney to basically living out of his pocket. What's new from the "anti establishment-establishment" You guys are waiting for your Obama.

She's been for Romney ever since 2008.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 08:02:46 PM »

She hasn't. She really, really hasn't.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 08:12:09 PM »

I like Mitt Romney and a couple weeks ago decided to endorse him from our selection of candidates. My ideology is that he is conservative enough just like McCain. I think Ann Coulter just wants to win and will support whoever that may happen to be. I really don't know why some of the members in my party is so hesitant to get behind him. Politicians can change their views over the course of their life and sometimes great minds change. What voters gotta watch out for is when a politician suddenly makes several changes or is back and forth for their entire career. As for Mitt, I had my speculations in 2008.  As governor of Massachusetts he was basically in the wrong party and then all of a sudden it seemed like he was the next Ronald Reagan. Looking back though I can see development rather than flip-flopping.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 08:15:13 PM »

I like Mitt Romney and a couple weeks ago decided to endorse him from our selection of candidates. My ideology is that he is conservative enough just like McCain. I think Ann Coulter just wants to win and will support whoever that may happen to be. I really don't know why some of the members in my party is so hesitant to get behind him. Politicians can change their views over the course of their life and sometimes great minds change. What voters gotta watch out for is when a politician suddenly makes several changes or is back and forth for their entire career. As for Mitt, I had my speculations in 2008.  As governor of Massachusetts he was basically in the wrong party and then all of a sudden it seemed like he was the next Ronald Reagan. Looking back though I can see development rather than flip-flopping.

Who the hell changes their mind on abortion at age 60?

Lets not kid ourselves, Mitt is competent.....but he is a shameless flip-flopper.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 08:18:24 PM »

Don't you remember, "If we don't run Christie, we'll run Romney and lose." She's done a 180. It's just so outrageous how flip flopping she is. I can't be bothered with the right wingers these days.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 08:19:41 PM »

Lets not kid ourselves, Mitt is competent.....but he is a shameless flip-flopper.

Lot's of people.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 08:23:40 PM »

Lot's of people.

I highly doubt it.

It is one thing to change your mind about abortion in your 20's and early 30's. Generally that is when people settle down and become a bit more conservative. But at age 60, please! Mitt became pro-life because it was politically impossible for him to run as president as pro-choice.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 08:31:06 PM »

Lot's of people.

I highly doubt it.

It is one thing to change your mind about abortion in your 20's and early 30's. Generally that is when people settle down and become a bit more conservative. But at age 60, please! Mitt became pro-life because it was politically impossible for him to run as president as pro-choice.

In all honesty, it wouldn't be the first time a politician changed their mind on a social issues. I used support the death penalty and now I'm against it for example but in politics that would look bad. Without knowing for sure why Romney changed his mind, I'm not going to accuse him. Hopefully, he stands by what he feels is right. Also, the country as a whole has moved towards opposing abortion for the last 10-20 years and he may be part of that wave.
ajb
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 08:32:25 PM »

Lot's of people.

I highly doubt it.

And/or, he became pro-choice because it was politically impossible to run for governor of Massachusetts as pro-life.
The thing about Romney's changes of heart is that both sides of the issue feel betrayed by him.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 08:39:25 PM »

Lot's of people.

I highly doubt it.

And/or, he became pro-choice because it was politically impossible to run for governor of Massachusetts as pro-life.
The thing about Romney's changes of heart is that both sides of the issue feel betrayed by him.

Too often people only slam the other party for changing their minds. We all remember John Kerry getting a pass from the media and democrats but the republicans hammered him about it.  Now we have Romney from the same state and the democrats are trying to cruxify him while republicans will strongly support him if he's the nominee.  Obama was all about public financing and then suddenly changed his mind when he became the nominee.  Was it all talk or did he actually change his mind legitimately? Issues like these run in both parties.
ajb
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 08:52:47 PM »

Lot's of people.

I highly doubt it.

Too often people only slam the other party for changing their minds. We all remember John Kerry getting a pass from the media and democrats but the republicans hammered him about it.  Now we have Romney from the same state and the democrats are trying to cruxify him while republicans will strongly support him if he's the nominee.  Obama was all about public financing and then suddenly changed his mind when he became the nominee.  Was it all talk or did he actually change his mind legitimately? Issues like these run in both parties.

I wouldn't say that I remember Kerry getting a pass from the media, but then one's memories of these things tends to be rather partisan.
I'm not actually condemning Romney for changing his mind here, but rather for the position that he's taken. For me, the fact that he's now pro-life is itself a reason not to vote for him; all I was pointing out is that his previous pro-choice positions do nothing to reassure me, or voters like me, even as there are clearly at least some conservatives who don't trust Romney's more recent positions.

Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 09:02:22 PM »

Lot's of people.

I highly doubt it.

I wouldn't say that I remember Kerry getting a pass from the media, but then one's memories of these things tends to be rather partisan.
I'm not actually condemning Romney for changing his mind here, but rather for the position that he's taken. For me, the fact that he's now pro-life is itself a reason not to vote for him; all I was pointing out is that his previous pro-choice positions do nothing to reassure me, or voters like me, even as there are clearly at least some conservatives who don't trust Romney's more recent positions.

He may not have gotten as big of a pass as I implied in 2004. I felt the same way in 2008 about Romney and so I supported John McCain over him. Social issues are very hard to explain changing on for politicians because people are so divided over them.  Whereas John McCain could justify changing on arctic drilling due to higher gas prices.  I give Romney the benefit of the doubt on how he governed because he was cornered.  His changing had me more skeptical in 2008 before I looked into his governing more.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 09:11:16 PM »

Lot's of people.

I highly doubt it.

In all honesty, it wouldn't be the first time a politician changed their mind on a social issues. I used support the death penalty and now I'm against it for example but in politics that would look bad. Without knowing for sure why Romney changed his mind, I'm not going to accuse him. Hopefully, he stands by what he feels is right. Also, the country as a whole has moved towards opposing abortion for the last 10-20 years and he may be part of that wave.

True, Romney's isn't the first guy to flip-flop and he won't be the last.

The problem I have with his flip on abortion is because in 1994 he claimed to be pro-choice due to a death of a family member.
ajb
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 09:16:13 PM »

Lot's of people.

I highly doubt it.

True, Romney's isn't the first guy to flip-flop and he won't be the last.

The problem I have with his flip on abortion is because in 1994 he claimed to be pro-choice due to a death of a family member.
It also makes his position harder to defend in a debate. I'll always remember that in the 2004 debates, Kerry was asked how he reconciled his Catholic faith with his pro-choice position. He hemmed and hawed, and said it was a complicated issue. Bush stood up and said it wasn't a complicated issue, that abortion was just wrong.
I don't agree with Bush on the point, and I thought in general he looked like a deer caught in the headlights against Kerry in the debates, but even I had to agree he had a more effective answer on that one.
If it's Romney vs. Obama on abortion, I think Obama actually has the more effective answer.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 09:28:26 PM »

You're right about the question in a debate, but what did you mean about the death of a family member for Romney? Also, on the other hand, Obama needs to be careful that he doesn't get caught trying to turn the issue of abortion into an issue of contraceptives. That is only working because no one is technically running against thim right now and making the point of changing the issue rather than changing his stance regarding Obama.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies