Feingold 08?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:30:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Feingold 08?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feingold 08?  (Read 1680 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 08, 2005, 11:59:47 PM »

I would want him but he's a senator, and senators don't win. Look: 1/3 of Wisconsin Reps voted him in 04, only guy to stand up to the USAPATRIOT Act, only Dem to vote to remove Clinton in 99, deficit hawk, populist, social liberal, and from a swing state that is trending GOP.

In the end, I want him to go for VP, with a popular moderately conservative governor from a major swing state (15+ EVs). Doesn't that describe Richardson (bringing in NM, NV, AZ, CO, total 29 EVs)?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 12:03:39 AM »

Richardson would not bring Arizona. It's way too Republican. He'd help with Hispanics, which could help in New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, and Florida.

I was under the impression that Feingold was pretty liberal. Getting 1/3 of Republicans in Wisconsin, after all, isn't quite as impressive as 1/3 of them in Indiana (Bayh).
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 05:56:41 AM »

I like Feingold as much as I may disagree with him on social issues I still respect him and he’s a great asset to the Senate but he could not win the presidency in the same way McGovern couldn’t… of all the Democratic Senators Bayh is far and away the best positioned and the most experienced at all levels of government of any potential contenders for the nomination in 2008.   
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 05:50:05 AM »

I would want him but he's a senator, and senators don't win. Look: 1/3 of Wisconsin Reps voted him in 04, only guy to stand up to the USAPATRIOT Act, only Dem to vote to remove Clinton in 99, deficit hawk, populist, social liberal, and from a swing state that is trending GOP.

In the end, I want him to go for VP, with a popular moderately conservative governor from a major swing state (15+ EVs). Doesn't that describe Richardson (bringing in NM, NV, AZ, CO, total 29 EVs)?

Feingold didn't vote to remove Clinton.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies