Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 07:14:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 57060 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2013, 01:40:09 PM »

Not capital relocation -- capital duplication.

I'm not arguing about this anymore.

You lose.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2013, 09:16:21 PM »

Anyone want to go out for coffee later?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2013, 09:21:02 PM »

I am the forums most prolific coffee consumer so you know I am down!
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2013, 10:03:30 PM »

I'm definitely in. Gotta check out Buffalo before we're there all the time. Wink
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2013, 11:19:52 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2013, 01:11:02 AM by LINCOLN REPUBLICAN »

OK, this thread has been unlocked to me now.  

Don't worry Governor, I won't force you to debate me on the capital relocation amendment again, as you clearly don't want to engage with me on this issue.

That is, of course, unless I am provoked into doing so.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »

I'm definitely in. Gotta check out Buffalo before we're there all the time. Wink

Indeed.  As a valued Representative of The People, I gladly offer you my guest room.  Though it's not actually IN Buffalo, it's close enough to commute Cheesy
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2013, 09:26:21 AM »

OK, this thread has been unlocked to me now.  

Don't worry Governor, I won't force you to debate me on the capital relocation amendment again, as you clearly don't want to engage with me on this issue.

That is, of course, unless I am provoked into doing so.

I totally agree with what you've been saying. Scott, why aren't you listening to the people? You can argue that Capital Amendment was indecisive because it was a tie, but it was certainly not a mandate for you to give an executive order to move the entire Northeast government. What about the appropriations for the move? You going to give yourself money to do that too?

Maybe we should start saying "Emperor Scott" instead of Governor...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2013, 09:57:50 AM »

Executive Order #15

I hereby appoint bore to the Northeast Assembly.  He may take office on Thursday, February 21st.

A special election is ordered to fill the vacancy created by Representative-elect (now Senator) Napoleon on March 1st, 2013.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2013, 01:41:25 PM by Governor Scott »

Statement on the Recent Capital Debacle

I desire not to engage further in this debacle, at least until the appropriations bill reaches the floor of the Assembly, so I will say a few brief words on the matter and let everything run its course.

First, to clarify, I have not, nor am I attempting, to move the location of the entire Northeast government.  By deciding to carry out the work of the people in Buffalo, NY, I have merely moved a portion of the government: the executive branch, to a city that's in much need of refurnishing.  While I understand the opinion of those who oppose this move, I must contend that we cannot let all matters simply be decided by a majority vote, especially when the decision at hand does not go in contrary to such a vote.  What I have put forward is a simple compromise: to refurnish what I'd like us to consider a secondary capital in a city in desperate need of repair and economic stimuli, but without making any other attempts to change our Constitution to reflect this move.

Furthermore, I would like to announce at this time that I will not be seeking reelection to a third term, or election/appointment to any other office, once my second term is complete.  I desire only to fulfill the promises I've made and retire leaving behind a better, brighter Northeast and opportunities for all its people.  To those who intend to oppose me on every issue for the next four months, I ask that you only look on the bright side, that I won't be here for much longer.

Thank you, and Dave bless.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2013, 01:47:50 PM »

You, my friend, are an excellent person. Smiley

Just sayin'
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2013, 01:49:39 PM »

You, my friend, are an excellent person. Smiley

Just sayin'

Thank you, Isaac.  You've always been a good friend. Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2013, 01:38:02 AM »

Statement on the Recent Capital Debacle

I desire not to engage further in this debacle

that's in much need of refurnishing

In just one word, you have summed up the very essence of capital relocation perfectly.

And just what kind of furnishing did you have in mind?  Provincial, or perhaps something more contemporary?  Smiley
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2013, 01:52:40 AM »

And just what kind of furnishing did you have in mind?  Provincial, or perhaps something more contemporary?  Smiley

Let's hope something more "Provincial", there's nothing worse than grotesque modernly styled government buildings...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:04 PM »

I would like the refurnishments/redevelopments to go in accordance with the ideals of New Urbanism, as they were intended to be in Simfan's original proposal.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2013, 11:37:48 PM »

I would like the refurnishments/redevelopments to go in accordance with the ideals of New Urbanism, as they were intended to be in Simfan's original proposal.

Governor, you have no legitimacy whatsoever to be proceeding with expending any public funds at all for anything to do with construction or relocation, or dual location,  of a new capital, or any part thereof.

The voters of the Northeast voted thumbs down to capital relocation.

So quit playing games with public funds that you think in your mind you have the right to spend.

I have an idea for you.  If you want to act like the jilted boyfriend, then by all means, go move to Buffalo, rent some office space with your own private funds, have a phone, computer, complete with email installed, and go for it.   
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2013, 11:58:47 PM »

Governor, you have no legitimacy whatsoever to be proceeding with expending any public funds at all for anything to do with construction or relocation, or dual location,  of a new capital, or any part thereof.

The voters of the Northeast voted thumbs down to capital relocation.

So quit playing games with public funds that you think in your mind you have the right to spend.

I have an idea for you.  If you want to act like the jilted boyfriend, then by all means, go move to Buffalo, rent some office space with your own private funds, have a phone, computer, complete with email installed, and go for it.   

The proposed budget currently sets funds aside for the redevelopment and refurbishment of Buffalo without making any reference to it being our new capital ($15 billion out of the $60.5 billion surplus which tripled over the last session, by the way, due to my governmental and economic reforms).  This is a compromise that I will stand firm on when it comes to the floor.

By the way, your post sounds slightly less angry than your last one.  I'm glad that nap and glass of warm milk I gave you calmed ya down.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #216 on: February 21, 2013, 12:41:15 AM »

Governor, let me be clear, no amount of double speak can ever replace the fact that the principle itself of capital relocation, whatever name you wish to give it, has been rejected by the people of the Northeast.

Neither you nor the Assembly has any legitimacy to proceed in this matter.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2013, 01:00:16 AM »

Governor, let me be clear, no amount of double speak can ever replace the fact that the principle itself of capital relocation, whatever name you wish to give it, has been rejected by the people of the Northeast.

Okay.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #218 on: February 21, 2013, 01:06:33 AM »

Okay.

So pleased to see you agree with me.  (yah right)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #219 on: February 21, 2013, 05:33:02 PM »

You've shown what a true citizen leadership in your terms as Northeast governor. Don't statly away from service too long.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »

Thank you very much, JCL.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2013, 02:40:49 AM »

the principle itself of capital relocation, whatever name you wish to give it, has been rejected by the people of the Northeast.

no
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #222 on: February 22, 2013, 10:53:36 PM »

the principle itself of capital relocation, whatever name you wish to give it, has been rejected by the people of the Northeast.

no

Although your detailed explanation and your masterful defense in favor of capital relocation is compelling, you have, amazingly enough, failed to explain the clear rejection of the voters of the capital relocation amendment proposal.

I believe Governor Scott would be well advised to appoint you as his Press Secretary due to your obvious expertise on the issues and your unquestioned mastery of the English language.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #223 on: February 22, 2013, 10:54:03 PM »

All flags in the Northeast shall be at half-mast for one week to honor the banned Simfan34.

I and other Northeasterners shall attend a funeral service this Sunday to honor him.

Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #224 on: February 22, 2013, 10:54:36 PM »

Free booze!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to: