Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 10:44:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 57054 times)
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2013, 08:05:21 PM »

um, especially at the math and science parts, we learn things pretty in-context, where very few things are just teacher says students do kinda thing. For example, when I was recently learning about Asymptotes and Rational Expressions, my teacher gave our class a question about whether (-25x(x) + 750x)/ ( -25x + 750) is equal to what we did earlier (reduce it to x/1).
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2013, 08:15:20 PM »

um, especially at the math and science parts, we learn things pretty in-context, where very few things are just teacher says students do kinda thing. For example, when I was recently learning about Asymptotes and Rational Expressions, my teacher gave our class a question about whether (-25x(x) + 750x)/ ( -25x + 750) is equal to what we did earlier (reduce it to x/1).

Snowball, the things I spoke about regard our statewide/regionwide/nationwide problem.  Some schools have taught the right material and taught it in an innovative way, but the fact is that most of them has not, and we are not measuring up with schools abroad because of how we collectively approach education.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2013, 07:43:01 AM »

Snowball, the things I spoke about regard our statewide/regionwide/nationwide problem.  Some schools have taught the right material and taught it in an innovative way, but the fact is that most of them has not, and we are not measuring up with schools abroad because of how we collectively approach education.
Okay, thats kinda what I figured, but now looking back on it, our area has increased the amount of tax we would pay every year for education so that probably is what does it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2013, 08:18:24 PM »

Governor Scott will meet with education reform activist Tony Wagner at the Governor's Ranch tomorrow at 9:00 AM.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »

You have my full endorsement for re-election, Governor Scott. The Northeast needs you for another four months!

And good luck pursuing your education reforms. I'll make sure to follow them closely from the Mideast. 
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2013, 08:38:20 PM »

You have my full endorsement for re-election, Governor Scott. The Northeast needs you for another four months!

And good luck pursuing your education reforms. I'll make sure to follow them closely from the Mideast. 

Thank you very much, TexasDem!  Smiley  I'd be very happy to see our reforms serve as a model to other regions.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2013, 05:54:12 PM »

As some of you may know, the Northeast (especially CT) is expected to get a lot of snow on Friday.  While I suspect the chances of us losing power are slim to none (I, for one, have not heard any predictions of power losses occurring), I am announcing a possible leave of absence beginning on Friday.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »

I have issued a travel ban on all unauthorized personnel starting today at 4 p.m.  All Northeast citizens are encouraged to stay home and remain safe and comfortable until further notice.

Executive Order #11

There shall be a prohibition on all vehicular traffic, including passenger vehicles, on limited access highways in the Region starting at 4 p.m. until further notice.  These prohibitions do not extend to emergency response and recovery vehicles, including public safety vehicles, utility vehicles and vehicles carrying essential personnel or supplies.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2013, 04:06:42 PM »

I am postponing our region's debate to a time I feel is most appropriate.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2013, 11:18:35 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2013, 09:02:08 PM by Governor Scott »

The following will be on Friday's ballot.

NORTHEAST FEBRUARY ELECTION

As Governor, I hereby declare this polling place open.

This is the Northeast regional polling booth for the February 15th through February 17th election.  In this polling place, Northeast citizens are voting on one constitutional amendment and electing five Representatives.

Votes for offices in this region are cast using PR-STV.  Voters who wish to preference more than one candidate should allocate a first preference for a candidate by marking a [1] in the space provided by that candidate's name, and proceeding to number as many preferences as they desire by marking a [2], [3], etc for as many candidates as they so desire.

A vote will be counted so long as the voter that casts it is eligible to vote in this election and casts  a formal ballot. A vote is formal so long as it contains numbered preferences with no duplicate numbers. A ballot containing Roman Numerals is not considered informal. A ballot in which candidates have been ranked a,b,c, etc is not considered informal so long as no letter has been repeated, and so long as a single candidate has been ranked a, for as long as the letters are consecutive with no duplicate letters. A ballot is formal if the CJO can determine the intent of the voter without interviewing that voter.

Per past practice, write-in votes are only counted for a candidate if he or she publicly declares a willingness to receive write-in votes for a particular office in the [name of election] before the polls close in the Candidate Declaration Thread or writes in his or her own name on the ballot for that particular office.

Votes for "NOTA" or "None of the Above" for any office are formal regardless of the preference assigned to it. Should a voter preference "NOTA" as well as other candidates, only his vote for "NOTA" will be counted.

This booth shall remain open until Sunday, February 17th at 11:59:59 PM EST.  Editing your ballot at any point after posting will result in disqualification of your vote.

Official Ballot

Governor
[ ] Scott (New Jesus Christ Party - Delaware)
[ ] Write-in:____________

Assembly
[ ] NHI (Federalist Party - New Hampshire)
[ ] Poirot (Independent - New York)
[ ] bore (Labor Party - Rhode Island)
[ ] Snowball (Labor Party - New York)
[ ] HockeyDude (Liberal Party - New Jersey)
[ ] Napoleon (Liberal Party - Connecticut)
[ ] Spenstar3D (Liberal Party - New York)
[ ] Fezzyfestoon (The People's Party - Vermont)
[ ] Write-in:____________

Constitutional Amendment I
You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]
[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2013, 11:19:17 AM »

Did HockeyDude drop out?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2013, 11:19:46 AM »

I didn't see his declaration.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2013, 11:22:11 AM »

He declared here.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=40247.msg3592623#msg3592623
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2013, 11:23:41 AM »

Thanks.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »

I have issued a travel ban on all unauthorized personnel starting today at 4 p.m.  All Northeast citizens are encouraged to stay home and remain safe and comfortable until further notice.

I may not be an expert on the region or on the climate, but isn't this a bit... excessive?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2013, 11:41:04 AM »

I may not be an expert on the region or on the climate, but isn't this a bit... excessive?

I don't believe so, but perhaps I should have excluded Pennsylvanians from that statement...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »

I don't believe so, but perhaps I should have excluded Pennsylvanians from that statement...

It's a beautiful day in Wilmington too.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »

Hasn't he missed enough votes to be expelled from the Assembly? It'd be pretty embarrassing if we re-elected someone after that.

He's come pretty close, and he has missed more than three votes, but the problem is he has to miss three consecutive votes to be expelled.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »

Hasn't he missed enough votes to be expelled from the Assembly? It'd be pretty embarrassing if we re-elected someone after that.

The alternative is me.

Elections with five candidates are boring.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2013, 09:03:24 PM »

Wow, I didn't realize we were going to have such a crowded contest for the Assembly.  If anyone could help me count the ballots this weekend, I'd really appreciate it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »

Wow, I didn't realize we were going to have such a crowded contest for the Assembly.  If anyone could help me count the ballots this weekend, I'd really appreciate it.

I will do it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2013, 09:05:48 PM »

I will do it.

Thanks a bunch! Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »

I will do it.

Thanks a bunch! Smiley

No problem! As my presidential term winds down, I owe it to you all to make myself useful on your behalf. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2013, 11:59:15 PM »

There is currently a vacancy in the Assembly.  If you would like to be considered as a temporary replacement, please tell me here or via PM.  (Preferably Liberals only, please.)  I already have one person that has expressed interest.

I will make my decision Thursday night.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2013, 12:41:22 AM »

Go out and VOTE!

After some consideration, I decided not to appoint someone to fill the vacancy, seeing as there is no new legislation on the floor and all five seats will be filled after the election.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies