Roy Barnes vs. Bush 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:13:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Roy Barnes vs. Bush 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roy Barnes vs. Bush 2004  (Read 1848 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« on: February 20, 2012, 02:22:17 AM »
« edited: February 21, 2012, 12:09:41 AM by Jerseyrules »

Don't know much about him, but from what I got from Wikipedia, I think this is possible:

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 02:23:52 AM »

I think a Southern governor would do better in the south, but he wouldn't be able to hold his defecits in the white-collar north, such as Michigan and Pennsylvania.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 02:24:52 AM »

Which is why I personally subscribe to the "Whistling past Dixie" theory.  Great book, btw.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 10:29:42 PM »

I don't see how Barnes does worse than Kerry in the Rust Belt. Kerry really was about as terrible a candidate for that part of the country as you can get within the Democratic Party mainstream.

In the midwest I can see why you'd think so, but the Massachusetts senator did as good as the Dems will get in the northeast.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 12:05:47 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2012, 12:10:57 AM by Jerseyrules »

I don't see how Barnes does worse than Kerry in the Rust Belt. Kerry really was about as terrible a candidate for that part of the country as you can get within the Democratic Party mainstream.

In the midwest I can see why you'd think so, but the Massachusetts senator did as good as the Dems will get in the northeast.

Oh, definitely. I see how Barnes loses NH and possibly ME against Bush and how NJ and CN become much closer. It's Barnes losing the PA/OH/MI complex and especially IL that I'm not so sure about.

I was really showing the best case scenario for bush, and IL would be even closer than it was in 1960 if carried by Bush.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:03:11 PM »

Better.

Hey, maybe in the distant future, I might write a timeliness based on this scenario. Could I use your map?
I was also thinking about writing a timeline on a Bush vs Barnes scenario. Why Pennsylvania and not Ohio?

Ohio is more populist, which is the group that would've been courted by a southern dem governor.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 02:09:53 AM »

Better.

Hey, maybe in the distant future, I might write a timeliness based on this scenario. Could I use your map?
I was also thinking about writing a timeline on a Bush vs Barnes scenario. Why Pennsylvania and not Ohio?

Ohio is more populist, which is the group that would've been courted by a southern dem governor.

Okay. What about Georgia? Is it solidly in Barnes's column?

Depends on if W. runs his campaign the same as otl and how Barnes runs his.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies