Issue you disagree with the other party on the most (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:10:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Issue you disagree with the other party on the most (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Issue you disagree with the other party on the most  (Read 126586 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: January 07, 2005, 02:20:22 PM »
« edited: January 07, 2005, 02:24:35 PM by jfern »

The belief that the free market solves everything

On second thought:

Blind faith in the system
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 02:33:45 PM »

It's the idea that all you have to do to solve a problem is to cut a check.

How come federal discrentionary spending is up so much under Bush?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 06:36:16 PM »

It's the idea that all you have to do to solve a problem is to cut a check.

How come federal discrentionary spending is up so much under Bush?

More programs.  One thing I will say for Clinton, he understood this about welfare and offered some outstanding reforms.  Further, he supported a free market proposal, NAFTA.  It sounds like your arugument is as much with the Democrats as the Republicans.

That's what I don't get about the blame Clinton nonsense, I'm not particularly fond of Clinton. It's just that he was a hell of a lot better than Bush.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 06:36:55 PM »

GOP: Probably foreign policy and abortion.

DEM: Affirmative action

Lots of Democrats oppose quotas.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 10:10:33 PM »

Senator Inhofe says global warming doesn't exist.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 10:12:01 PM »

I disagree with the premise, effectively put forth by the Democrats, that society should hold "minorities" to a lower standard of behavior than white people, and that those who don't subscribe to this theory are racist.  I think the reverse is true.

I also disagree, as J.J. said, that every problem can be solved by writing a check.

One of the greatest dangers of our age is the use of unelected judges, some of whom are little more than black-robed dictators, to establish a tyranny of the minority (opinion, not ethnic).

While our constitution establishes certain absolute rights that are not subordinate to the will of the majority, contemporary courts have gone too far in delineating those protections, in my opinion, and it is hurting the vast majority of people in society.  The Democrats have encouraged this trend in my opinion, and it is one of the reasons that I can't bring myself to support the Democrats in anything but local elections.

If a poor black was caught doing the things Bush has been caught doing, he'd be completely screwed. There is a double-standard, the more powerful you are, the more you can get away with. Who voted for this inside tradiing drunk driving moron, anyways?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 10:14:59 PM »

Senator Inhofe says global warming doesn't exist.

I said someone who doesn't think there needs to be any environmental regulation.

I believe Inhofe thinks global warming is not the result of an enviornmental problem. That's completely reasonable.

Humans cause greenhouse gases which cause global warming. It's really pretty simple.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 10:17:45 PM »

It's very simple to say. Now try proving it.

We release greenhouse gases.
The amount of greenhouse gases is going up.
Greenhouse gases are shown in lab tests to raise temperatures.
Temperatures are going up.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 10:23:11 PM »

Yeah, this has happened before in the earth's history. Ever heard of the term "ice age?"

Are you saying that global warming is ok?
It has a lot of economic downsides.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2005, 10:36:05 PM »

I disagree with the premise, effectively put forth by the Democrats, that society should hold "minorities" to a lower standard of behavior than white people, and that those who don't subscribe to this theory are racist.  I think the reverse is true.

I also disagree, as J.J. said, that every problem can be solved by writing a check.

One of the greatest dangers of our age is the use of unelected judges, some of whom are little more than black-robed dictators, to establish a tyranny of the minority (opinion, not ethnic).

While our constitution establishes certain absolute rights that are not subordinate to the will of the majority, contemporary courts have gone too far in delineating those protections, in my opinion, and it is hurting the vast majority of people in society.  The Democrats have encouraged this trend in my opinion, and it is one of the reasons that I can't bring myself to support the Democrats in anything but local elections.

If a poor black was caught doing the things Bush has been caught doing, he'd be completely screwed. There is a double-standard, the more powerful you are, the more you can get away with. Who voted for this inside tradiing drunk driving moron, anyways?

Your issue is with wealth, not race.  Look at O.J.  Or are you one of those who thinks he'll find Nicole's "real" killer on some golf course?

Then of course there's Ted Kennedy, another shining example of using money to buy your way out of trouble.

I don't believe that the poor are punished too severely by our justice system.  If that were true, poor neighborhoods would be oases of safety and tranquility.  I do believe that it is too easy to use money to buy your way out of trouble.  There are so many opportunities with money to manipulate the legal system in your favor.  It's wrong, but it's not a party issue.

Obviously OJ got off because of his expensive lawyers. Sending non-violent drug users to jail doesn't help anyone with anything. We need rehabiliation for all but the worst criminals.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies