Issue you disagree with the other party on the most (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:03:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Issue you disagree with the other party on the most (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Issue you disagree with the other party on the most  (Read 126636 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: January 07, 2005, 02:49:27 PM »

'Social issues', obviously.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 04:23:07 PM »

Sex Education and Radio and TV Regulations

You Prude!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 04:44:30 PM »

I took it the opposite way. Democrats tend to be a bunch of do-gooders who want to ban things like cigarette ads from television.

On sex education, I don't know what he's talking about.

I guess some Democrats want to teach children information about sex, while the Religious Party wants to keep them in ignorance.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 01:05:02 PM »

Using the judiciary to implement perverse social changes (Abington School District vs. Schempp, 1963)

Schempp was  wonderful decision - it is hard to believe that prior to that religious propaganda was being pushed by the public schools.  Talk about perverse, not to mention unconstitutional.  The scary part, as we re-enter the dark ages, is that we were only in the light about 40 years!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 07:25:10 AM »

That's definitely an issue in which the Democrats need to get their message out better.

I hate the fact that we don't seem like we care about abortion or want to reduce it at all.

For the feminists, abortion is sacred, and their whole movement is centered around it.  With the stranglehold that those people have on the Democratic party, how could the party get across a message that says that abortion should be reduced?  That would suggest that it's not desirable, a thought which is anathema to the radical feminists who form such an integral part of the Democratic base.

Lots of us like abortion.  Should we be unrespresented?  The Democrats will never win by becoming GOP wannabes, abandoning our base to try to win a sliver of the religious fanatic vote. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »

Gay marriage is not a wedge issue.

By wedge issue I think he means one that divides a portion of the electorate from the party where most of its interests lie, because of one thing that really riles them.  Gay marriage is the perfect example - lots of intolerant poor people vote GOP because they hate gays, in spite of the fact that Republican rule is terribly detrimental to their own economic interests. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies