Issue you disagree with the other party on the most (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:10:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Issue you disagree with the other party on the most (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Issue you disagree with the other party on the most  (Read 126532 times)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« on: January 10, 2005, 01:23:58 PM »

I lean Republican more than Democrat, but the Republicans have their faults too.

Democrats: The Radical Pro-abortion stance. It's not just the fact that many are Pro-Choice, but the fact that they want Tax Payer Funded Abortion, Partial Bith Abortion, and Abortion for Minors. They also want to stop Fetal Pan Laws, hide the Abortion - Breast Cancer link, and were opposed to the Lacy & Conner Peterson law because they saw it as a threat to the 'right' to an abortion. Fortuneately, as a result of this past election, many Democrats are realizing this. While I don't expect them to change their platform (as Roemer stated over the weekend) at least they are realizing the need to moderate their position on the issue.

Republicans: The catering to Big Business. I still considering myself an economic conservative, but the Republicans (and the Democrats to a smaller degree) give businesses all the breaks in the world. Corp. Welfare for one. Bush's Tax Plan, while it did help the middle class (if you are married and have children, which I don't) was designed to help the upper class and the middle class was included because Bush could not get re-elected without a good amount of them. Now the Social Security Plan. I like the fact of getting more control over my own money, but when I look closer into this, it is away to benefit Bush's large corporate buddies.

Since I live in a safe state, neither Bush nor Kerry got my vote in November.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies