Issue you disagree with the other party on the most (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:03:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Issue you disagree with the other party on the most (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Issue you disagree with the other party on the most  (Read 126290 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 07, 2005, 02:31:48 PM »

It's the idea that all you have to do to solve a problem is to cut a check.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 02:49:07 PM »

It's the idea that all you have to do to solve a problem is to cut a check.

How come federal discrentionary spending is up so much under Bush?

More programs.  One thing I will say for Clinton, he understood this about welfare and offered some outstanding reforms.  Further, he supported a free market proposal, NAFTA.  It sounds like your arugument is as much with the Democrats as the Republicans.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 02:18:39 PM »

If I were a girl, I might care about abortion and develop an opinion of whether or not it was moral and all that stuff. But I'm not, so I don't.

Anyway, I have to say gay marriage since I think the Constitutional amendment is the most idiotic thing ever and shows a complete disrespect for the Constitution. It's not intended to be amended for every wedge issue.

It isn't in principle.  I support a constitution amendment prohibiting the federal courts from finding a right for same sex marriages.  The principle though is that I don't the Massachusetts courts or the Massachusetts legislature to tell the people of Pennsylvania what types of marriages to accept or recognizes.  Likewise, I don't want the Pennsylvania courts or legislature telling the people of Massachusetts what types of marriages to accept or recognize.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies