Opinion of Joe Republic
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:29:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Joe Republic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: After the Teddy incident
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Opinion of Joe Republic  (Read 4486 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 05:32:22 AM »

Who would tell someone else if they received a death threat in a chat-chat?

Well... you, I suspect.

I suppose we'll never know the answer to that question, as I do not engage in chit-chat.  Only posting-patter.

Since you report disagreements with your posts as personal attacks, it does seem a bit hypocritical of you to be indignant over this.

And, Tweed, Zizek? Really? And I thought my opinion of you could not get any lower.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 07:58:07 AM »

One of the fairest mods and nicest people on the forum.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 09:39:38 AM »

Do you support electing moderators, angus?

haha.  That was incoherent babble.  Now that I look back at it, in the fresh air of a new day, I see only the rambling musings of a poster consumed by arrogance and drunkenness. 

I don't suppose it's easy for Dave Leip to recruit moderators, as it seems like some work.  Moreover, not all the moderators are very attentive.  Some take it seriously.  Others less so.  But however they come to be identified, they should only assume the duties if they can be serious about it, and anyone who posts here must accept the rules, as enforced by the moderators.  But once a person becomes a moderator, then he or she will become suspect.  It is always the way.  Take ten guys at a factory.  They're all drinking buddies.  Then the foreman has a stroke and one of the ten workers has to be promoted to foreman.  No matter whether that foreman is selected democratically, by fiat, by family connections, or by the toss of a coin, that foreman will eventually have to become the heavy.  "You used to be one of us.  You've forgotten who you are.  Now, you think yer so high and mighty."  It is always the way.

I don't know about Teddy.  And I don't care.  I don't like the idea of banning any posters, but these "opinion of" people questions are tasteless, especially in light of the fact that this one seems to have been prompted by a threat, real or imagined, upon Joe.  Why should a (real or imagined) threat upon Joe make him any more or any less horrible?  It doesn't follow. 
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 09:44:02 AM »

Who would tell someone else if they received a death threat in a chat-chat?

Well... you, I suspect.

I suppose we'll never know the answer to that question, as I do not engage in chit-chat.  Only posting-patter.

pretty sure you've been in the chat before?  right around the time of your testosterone injections?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 10:29:05 AM »

Since you report disagreements with your posts as personal attacks, it does seem a bit hypocritical of you to be indignant over this.

No, I only report when someone calls me a mean name, meany.  Not when they disagree with me (nearly every one disagrees with me).

pretty sure you've been in the chat before?  right around the time of your testosterone injections?

Perhaps it was a side effect of same.  I chatted, apparently, and no doubt had a tent in my pajamas simultane.

Say, what 'chat' is that?  Yahoo Chat?  MSN?  I remember there used to be some chats.  I don't use them enough to remember.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 10:34:25 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2012, 10:45:18 AM by Torie »

It's good that his bark is worse than his bite. Smiley  I mean, he wasn't  very charitable to his fellow caucus goers in beautiful downtown Vegas when he wrote his essay about that particular life experience of his as a Pub for a month. Heck I am glad I didn't show up at that caucus. I can just picture Joe pounding out on his keyboard that this aging guy shows up trying to look younger with his face lift and dyed hair, accompanied by tight jeans and a muscle shirt, and promptly tries to take over, because he is annoyed his valuable time is being wasted while nothing happened. Of course the ahole voted for Romney. He probably has some money too to boot (AG jeans are not cheap). Birds of a feather flock together.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »

Log Cabin Reprazent!

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 11:36:10 AM »

Yeah I think the gay Republicans actually change out of the uniform for the convention, to khakis and blazer like everybody else.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 11:52:20 AM »

Yeah I think the gay Republicans actually change out of the uniform for the convention, to khakis and blazer like everybody else.

That's usually your cue to mention me and my t-shirts Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »

Duh! Massive FF! He's totally like, my forum mancrush. It used to be Mr. Moderate, than I realized he looked too much like Michael Buble.

Anywho, I really think Joe is a FF. He is one of the more sensible people/mods on the forum in my opinion.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 02:45:06 PM »

not so sure about Joe himself...but he surely ain't worth the 8 death points I was handed for attempting to incite a forum riot (or at least a good food fight)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »

not so sure about Joe himself...but he surely ain't worth the 8 death points I was handed for attempting to incite a forum riot (or at least a good food fight)

what are you at now?  I am at 31, Mike Piazza's number.  I plan to continue to keep a solid but sub-50 balance until the end of time.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 02:54:13 PM »

what are you at now?  I am at 31, Mike Piazza's number.  I plan to continue to keep a solid but sub-50 balance until the end of time.

I think I am at 18.  I can't seem to stay below 10 for more than a day or two.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 03:07:27 PM »

One of the more funny and clever people on here. Not to mention he's also the best-looking poster on here.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »

One of the more funny and clever people on here. Not to mention he's also the best-looking poster on here.
[/b]

Yeah, hi. I noticed you forgot me!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 03:35:31 PM »

Either depending on the day.......but I'd love to hang out with him and talk over a couple of drinks for sure.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 01:09:52 PM »

Either depending on the day.......but I'd love to hang out with him and talk over a couple of drinks for sure.

Who wouldn't?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 01:21:30 PM »

Who wouldn't?

The ones who voted HP?  When I die I'm going to will the name Grumps to Joe.  Hopefully that won't be too soon and he'll be old enough to accept it.  Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 01:46:23 PM »

Who wouldn't?

The ones who voted HP? 

Of course, I meant cool people.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2012, 05:30:58 PM »

Whoa whoa whoa.  Thank you, but let's not kid ourselves here.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012, 08:49:04 PM »

Let's just assume Andrew was high and drunk both, ok Wink
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2012, 09:47:10 PM »

Let's just assume Andrew was high and drunk both, ok Wink

he's openly said he would like to fck J. Republic
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2012, 09:55:02 PM »

So my choice is between getting stabbed by a guy from Ontario or buttf[Inks]ed by a guy from Scotland?  Either way I'm getting forcefully penetrated, so I may as well take the probably more enjoyable and likely less fatal option.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2012, 04:54:48 AM »

So my choice is between getting stabbed by a guy from Ontario or buttf[Inks]ed by a guy from Scotland?  Either way I'm getting forcefully penetrated, so I may as well take the probably more enjoyable and likely less fatal option.

I find it unlikely that Ted would manage a fatal stab. Tongue

But, yeah, nice guy and fair mod are to be honest not the first things that jump to mind about Joe, much as I like him. Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2012, 05:44:21 AM »

I feel like he's become a considerably better poster over the course of the last four years.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies