Presidential Debate Questions & Commentary Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 08:43:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presidential Debate Questions & Commentary Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Debate Questions & Commentary Thread  (Read 1085 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:57:56 PM »

This thread is to supplement the debate I will be moderating amongst the candidates for this month's presidential election.  I will be taking some questions from our in house and national audience, so please submit them here for consideration.  Also any commentary on the candidates statements or on the debate itself are welcome here.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 09:47:32 PM »

I wonder what the replies to that first question would have been like if I hadn't said "briefly" Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 09:53:52 PM »

And the MSM once again ignores Earl!

I wonder what the replies to that first question would have been like if I hadn't said "briefly" Tongue

You're GM.  I'm afraid if you're not used to being ignored by now, you'll never be..
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 12:17:50 AM »

Where do you stand on having a national daycare program?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 12:40:17 AM »

I feel it's important we love our children as we love ourselves and put ourselves in their diapers. Friends, these children are our future. We must foster them and care for them, both inside and outside of the classroom. If I was a youngster, I would want to know I had a safe, clean place to go when I wasn't with my school teachers. That's why the Andrews ticket will institute a national "Child Love" day in which we bring awareness to the serious problem facing some of our nation's youth not born with a silver spoon in their mouths. We will share the love, if you will, with regional governments to make sure the future of our young boys and girls is consistent, supportive and full of love! It's for our future!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 01:43:18 AM »

I think certain cabinet members have been overrated in this debate.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 02:04:24 AM »

Where candidates stand on gun rights?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 02:17:37 AM »

I'm glad you asked, friend!

Let me preface by saying guns don't kill people, people do! The Andrews ticket will be consistent in our beliefs on gun rights. We take a hybrid approach - all things to all people. If you live in an urban area where you are surrounded by loving humans in close proximity, it's probably safe that gun ownership is restricted to background checks and the like. Sometimes in the heat of the moment, you can fire your guns prematurely, and frankly we need to make sure that is held to a bare minimum!

But we do respect the right to bear arms and the right to bear it all. The Andrews will not place heavy restrictions on guns when we take up residence in the White House. Instead, we will likely allow our friends to taylor their gun policies to the sizes of their home regions. Again, consistency, love, respect. We want our friends in the regions to do as much work, or lack thereof, as we do! If you live in the beautiful southland and want to shoot that belle with cupid's arrow, Emperor PiT may allow you to do so! But if you live in New York City and want to own several automatic weapons, that might not be a good idea, yougotme? Like they say, different strokes for different folks!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 10:02:08 AM »

My intent was to use this thread as a place for people to ask questions, and I would then take some of these questions and ask all the candidates in the debate. I can see how that was unclear. 
I enjoyed your responses though, Duke. If I ask these questions in the debate, feel free to quote yourself.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 01:35:48 PM »

My intent was to use this thread as a place for people to ask questions, and I would then take some of these questions and ask all the candidates in the debate. I can see how that was unclear.  
I enjoyed your responses though, Duke. If I ask these questions in the debate, feel free to quote yourself.

Noted, Shua. Wink

However, I cannot apologize for fielding The People's questions! I hope my answers sunk into the depths of their minds! From now on, however, I will ask they direct them to our campaign thread!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 02:15:36 PM »

I'd actually like to see some questions on social issues since, for the first time in a long while, we have a candidate running who's unapologetically socially conservative and pro-life, and I think this could be an interesting and informative topic for debate.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »

I agree with Gingrich Agonistes... also I think it would be great to see each candidate respondto a topic I asked Polnut with regards to military technology...how will the candidates ensure our national interests are met overseas while avoiding as many troop casualties as possible

If we have time my second question would be- out of the four branches under the DoD (Coast Guard under DHS) which is most important for your foreign policy goals and how will you minimize branch overlap...for example every branch having their own aviation

ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »

I wonder what the candidates think about the party system.  How do we prevent the two-party disaster that overtook our country for far too long?  Is election reform the solution, or should we find another way to prevent bipartisan blahs?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »

If there's time, I'd also like to see how the candidates plan on dealing with climate change and environmental issues in general.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies