Newt to withdraw tomorrow?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:08:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Newt to withdraw tomorrow?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Newt to withdraw tomorrow?  (Read 6252 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 06:00:20 PM »

Hopefully this will just be some stunt to draw attention away from Romney's blowout. Hey, maybe Santorum's dropping out! (Okay, probably not)

March on, Newt. March on.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 06:31:30 PM »

If Newt withdraws, Paul would get a boost and so would Santorum. This would not be good for Mitt.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »

Hopefully this will just be some stunt to draw attention away from Romney's blowout.

"Hey look over here, I could be throwing in the towel!" would be the world's worst campaign diversion tactic.

Then again, this is the Newt Gingrich campaign.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 07:10:25 PM »

Maybe he's announcing that he'll be shadowing Romney until he agrees to "Lincoln-Douglas debates"?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 07:19:20 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2012, 07:21:05 PM by Politico »

Apparently Gingrich had no public events today and met with his finance team last night... ?

I have heard whispers that they're in debt, which is not surprising given the fact that trusting Gingrich with anything is like trusting a ten year old kid. I will not be surprised if Gingrich folds the tent tonight. I also will not be surprised to be bombarded with images of "45 STATES TO GO" signs.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 07:55:07 PM »

Sure enough, Gingrich's campaign put any chatter to rest soon thereafter by releasing next week's schedule, showing him travelling through Colorado, Minnesota, and Ohio before ending up at the CPAC convention in Washington D.C.

The schedule is below:
Monday, February 6th Golden, CO - 11:30 a.m. - Newt 2012 Rally Golden, CO - 2:00 p.m. - Address the Colorado Energy Summit

St. Paul, MN - 8:00 p.m. - Newt 2012 Rally
Tuesday, February 7th

So he's got all of two campaign appearances in Colorado and one in Minnesota?  Pathetic.  He should have followed the Santorum approach of campaigning lightly in Nevada (since he never had a chance there), and focusing more on CO and MN.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »

The presser is about a new strategy. Which is to be shut out in February and quite possibly Super Tuesday, then wait for the South to vote?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 10:32:51 PM »

I'd be ecstatic if he withdrew, but I know that is wishful thinking.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 01:04:49 AM »

I really don't get why the Romney bots are so insistent upon every one else conceding to "inevitability" if they truly think Mitt is a good candidate.  A lengthy primary campaign most certainly did not hurt Obama in 2008.  If anything, it helped him by enabling him to build up a tested campaign structure in many states for the fall instead of a few early ones.  It also would give Romney's campaign a chance to try out different messages of why people should vote for Romney to see what is effective.  He'll need more than mud being slung by his Super PAC come the general election.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 01:13:06 AM »

I really don't get why the Romney bots are so insistent upon every one else conceding to "inevitability" if they truly think Mitt is a good candidate.  A lengthy primary campaign most certainly did not hurt Obama in 2008.  If anything, it helped him by enabling him to build up a tested campaign structure in many states for the fall instead of a few early ones.  It also would give Romney's campaign a chance to try out different messages of why people should vote for Romney to see what is effective.  He'll need more than mud being slung by his Super PAC come the general election.

I agree.  Especially in a year when there is an anti-incumbent vote that can be more easily focused; and a group of people who need to be identified and catered to (Paul supporters and ardent anti-Mitters), I really don't buy the "long-term primary campaign hurts Mitt Romney" line.

Then again, I completely buy the idea that Mitt Romney has hurt Mitt Romney during the primaries by being Mitt Romney.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 01:17:16 AM »

In short, this needs to end soon because Gingrich is being so ugly that he's turning off a heck of a lot of female voters, who are going to decide who is the next POTUS (will definitely not be Gingrich, BTW).
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 03:23:48 PM »

Can anyone ask jmfcst to get online so that we can know if this helps the anti-Romney?

the jmfcsts have basically tuned out...notice the low turnout...Mittens is going to be about as inspiring as a bad case of jock itch.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »

Turns out this whole thread was just another dirty trick from the Romney campaign: spread false rumors that Gingrich was going to withdraw from the race to demoralize Gingrich supporters.

What do you folks think will be Romney's next dirty trick?
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »

Can anyone ask jmfcst to get online so that we can know if this helps the anti-Romney?

the jmfcsts have basically tuned out...notice the low turnout...Mittens is going to be about as inspiring as a bad case of jock itch.
So seeing as the jmfcst's have tuned out, it is finally possible for Santorum to win? Fantastic.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 05:48:24 PM »

I'd be ecstatic if he withdrew, but I know that is wishful thinking.
Is Totally Not Feeblepizza.
Crackers
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »

I keep seeing the words, "Newt to withdraw tom.." on the index page and I always get really excited about the news...then I click.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies