URGENT CRATE-GATE UPDATE - Did Romney Lie About the Fate of Seamus?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 02:54:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  URGENT CRATE-GATE UPDATE - Did Romney Lie About the Fate of Seamus?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: URGENT CRATE-GATE UPDATE - Did Romney Lie About the Fate of Seamus?  (Read 5082 times)
BigSkyBob

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 08:37:02 PM »

We are down to a man and his dog circa 40 years ago are we?

Yeah, it goes to show you how desperate they are to find dirt on Mitt.

Mitt even made a custom windshield for his dog's crate, for crying out loud. Mark my words: They definitely have video and pictures to prove the dog was well taken care of and enjoyed the pimped out crate. Hopefully the Dems will keep pushing this until it snowballs into something huge. They'll eventually look like Donald Trump after Obama released his birth certificate.

Please! Romney would be an ever bigger idiot than I think he is to have a press conference featuring videos of him with his dog in a crate on the top of his car. "I am not an animal abuser!" is going to go over about as well as Nixon's, "I am not a crook!"

Obviously the kids would leak the videos/pictures, and talk about how much they loved Seamus the family dog.

If the Dems try and make this is a huge issue, and considering the birther issue who can say what is what in this hyperpartisan environment, it will backfire.

1) Providing his opponents a picture, or a still, of his dog strapped to the roof of his car would be tantamount to political suicide. It is one thing to be an animal abuser in abstract, but, quite another to be so in concrete visual detail.

2) Whatever the particulars of Obama's and Romney's births are, they have nothing to do with whether, or not, Romney abused his dog.

3) I don't think there is a dog owner in the country that will agree that crating your dog for twelve hours is anything other than cruel. That is before considerations of driving on the roof of a car in the elements for twelve hours. The story circulating is that the dog didn't even have enough potty breaks.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 10:10:09 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2012, 10:16:23 PM by Politico »

Mitt even made a custom windshield for his dog's crate, for crying out loud. Mark my words: They definitely have video and pictures to prove the dog was well taken care of and enjoyed the pimped out crate. Hopefully the Dems will keep pushing this until it snowballs into something huge. They'll eventually look like Donald Trump after Obama released his birth certificate.

Please! Romney would be an ever bigger idiot than I think he is to have a press conference featuring videos of him with his dog in a crate on the top of his car. "I am not an animal abuser!" is going to go over about as well as Nixon's, "I am not a crook!"

Obviously the kids would leak the videos/pictures, and talk about how much they loved Seamus the family dog.

If the Dems try and make this is a huge issue, and considering the birther issue who can say what is what in this hyperpartisan environment, it will backfire.

1) Providing his opponents a picture, or a still, of his dog strapped to the roof of his car would be tantamount to political suicide. It is one thing to be an animal abuser in abstract, but, quite another to be so in concrete visual detail.

2) Whatever the particulars of Obama's and Romney's births are, they have nothing to do with whether, or not, Romney abused his dog.

3) I don't think there is a dog owner in the country that will agree that crating your dog for twelve hours is anything other than cruel. That is before considerations of driving on the roof of a car in the elements for twelve hours. The story circulating is that the dog didn't even have enough potty breaks.

1) How are the plans for "moon base: the 51st state" coming along at Gingrich HQs? Is the Gingrich Team now considering the possibility of pandering to Houston with promises of "space mirrors to light highways" once the Texas primary rolls around?

2) By the way, you are supporting a candidate who is mentally ill.

3) Oh, and Romney is obviously not an animal abuser.

4) Any chance you live nearby Butte/Anaconda, outside of the towns? I love visiting there every few years, especially around the Fourth of July. Up by Billings, too. Montana is actually my favorite state, but I've never been there in the winter.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 01:51:52 AM »

1) How are the plans for "moon base: the 51st state" coming along at Gingrich HQs? Is the Gingrich Team now considering the possibility of pandering to Houston with promises of "space mirrors to light highways" once the Texas primary rolls around?

2) By the way, you are supporting a candidate who is mentally ill.

3) Oh, and Romney is obviously not an animal abuser.

4) Any chance you live nearby Butte/Anaconda, outside of the towns? I love visiting there every few years, especially around the Fourth of July. Up by Billings, too. Montana is actually my favorite state, but I've never been there in the winter.

1) The nice thing about the Gingrich proposing a "prize" for establishing a moon base is that it isn't going to paid out in my lifetime. In a hundred milllion years, or so, earth will no longer be suitable for human life. Either we are going to be extinct as a species, or, we are going to have to find a new planet. In long run, we have to plan on colonizing the moon.  There is nothing wrong with that. If Newt is a man way before his time, is that such a bad thing?

2) If all the objections I have to Barack Obama, the fact that he is "mentally ill" is not one of them. Technically, as a smoker, Obama is mentally ill, and W as an alcoholic was another "mentally ill" President before him. The last three President might very well have had the "mental illness" of cocaine addiction. If you are going to say some candidates aren't qualified due to "mental illness," you are going to have explain what the "mental illness" is, exactly, and, why it disqualifies them.

3) Highways are extremely noisy, and, dogs have very sensitive hearing. Some cars and trucks are fitted with deer guards which are really high-pitched whistles.

4) There are about 310 million Americans. Divide the number of folks in Butte by that number and you arrive at the odds that I live there.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 02:12:47 AM »

1) The nice thing about the Gingrich proposing a "prize" for establishing a moon base is that it isn't going to paid out in my lifetime. In a hundred milllion years, or so, earth will no longer be suitable for human life. Either we are going to be extinct as a species, or, we are going to have to find a new planet. In long run, we have to plan on colonizing the moon.  There is nothing wrong with that. If Newt is a man way before his time, is that such a bad thing?

There is a clear difference between recognizing that mankind will need to colonize the moon eventually, and implicitly saying you will spend $10 trillion to ensure the moon is the 51st state by 2020. In case you have not noticed, we have bigger problems to deal with on the planet earth right now.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

When a 69 year old man is running around talking like a 10 year old boy about making the moon our 51st state, implicitly saying that he will spend approximately $10 trillion in the process, I think it's quite clear that we're dealing with a mental illness that disqualifies said individual from being president. The mental illness can be labeled or not labeled, but the point is moot: Whatever it is, it clearly disqualifies him from being president.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually, if you are from Montana your probability of being from Butte is the number of folks in Butte divided by about 1 million or so Montanans. Infinitely more likely than Newt Gingrich being elected POTUS, by the way.

You call yourself BigSkyBob, so I assumed you are from Montana. I was really asking you if you're from eastern or western Montana hence my inclusion of Billings. I like both regions, but prefer the western parts of the state. Beautiful, beautiful state.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies