Whig Party National Conference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:28:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 51858 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: January 27, 2012, 04:33:35 PM »

What do you mean by "tradition must be considered", then?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 09:38:39 PM »

I might join if I get involved in the game.

Great party idea, though.

Get involved! The more the merrier!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »

You're tied with the Liberals! Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 04:22:43 PM »

I think it might be problematic, if it implicitly rules out cutting the military to a smaller level. If we support small government the military should be cut as well.
At least we should agree on a defence policy first.
Maybe our respect could be directly connected to our veterans policy?

If Atlasia is supposed to be a virtual US this might be problematic but how about:
"We recognize the Judeo-Christian tradition as the primary moral foundation of our society and the positive role of religion should be acknowledged and respected by the government".

Where does the Whigs stand on climate change and alternative energy? I hope we are relatively progressive on this issue (otherwise I am in the wrong party Smiley ).

Your own description of your beliefs makes me think you'd fit much better in the Liberal Party.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 04:57:34 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2012, 05:01:58 AM by we don't need a cure for the weight of the world »

Why should that be any better or worse from a neutral point of view?

You pose an easy question. The overwhelming majority of Atlasians rely on empirical evidence to make good decisions and we expect the same from our political leaders. Wrapping anti-woman, anti-family policies in a Christian coat rubs many of us the wrong way, even other Christians. We don't think blind faith in one interpretation of doctrine is reason enough to subjugate a nation. There's facts, there's opinions, and then there's dogma. Only the first two have any place in modern politics. Where's the respect for people who have differing beliefs?

At least social democrats, libertarians, etc. can use facts to back up arguments!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 05:40:46 AM »

Napoleon- why don't you let us set OUR platform... you wont' vote for us whatever we put in so why should we try to meet you halfway

Clarence, I only posted to answer ZuWo's question. I don't want to write your platform anymore than I want you writing the Liberal Party's, but I wanted to provide ZuWo with an explanation of the perspective, since he asked. I certainly didn't mean to crash the party here.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »

The Amish best represent their view for Atlasia, so it is fitting.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 04:32:42 PM »

You'd better be outraged at the path your Liberal Party is taking because if you guys continue to recruit libertarians, centrists and leftists at the same time it will become less and less clear what your party stands for. Wink

I believe it would result in a party best described as "moderate liberalitarian".

Perfect for someone like you! Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »

Simfan34- I agree completely that 20RP12 and I ought to encourage our supporters to 2nd prefernece each other...I sure will be second preferencing 20RP12. With the left agreeing to high preference each other- this is even more crucial

I agree. I've decided you will be receiving my second preference and I will encourage my supporters to do the same.
Sad
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 03:34:37 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2012, 03:36:34 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Awfully disturbing that the Governor of the Mideast cares so little about his region's core industries that he so glowingly offers his endorsement to someone who directly assaulted the Mideast economy by banning automobiles while he was Governor. It just goes to show that politics don't matter in this game, people would rather have the impression that they are liked, whether or not true.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2012, 04:16:59 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Clarence was Governor? And he banned automobiles? That's news to me.

Might be talking about oakvale maybe? No idea. I'd like to get this cleared up though. I wanna know who banned automobiles!

Oakvale.

But to expand, if I were a Whig I wouldn't put much stock in ZuWo's personal vendetta against me. I've worked with Whigs and other parties just fine. I've signed some of Simfan's ideas into law even if it when I found them counter to my personal ideology, worked closely with conservatives like Shua and Jbrase in the Senate, was a close ally of Governor Winfield, and havethe endorsements of Tmthforu and Dallasfan, the last conservatives to get elected to the presidency. ZuWo may hate me but my record speaks for itself.

There are a few major differences between Oakvale and myself but none are really rooted in ideology. I will be a more active president, I will work closely with the Senate like I have the Assembly as Governor, and we will debate issues that often go under the radar. Things like health care and education are important but they don't require the Senate's attention full time. If im elected we will delve into foreign policy more and debate a diverse set of issues like we have done at the regional level in the Northeast. So, I ask that you look at each of our records in office and decide who is fit to lead.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »

It is funny that simply telling voters about laws you signed is now considered negative campaigning. What a joke.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies