Whig Party National Conference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:47:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 52350 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 29, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »

SimFan: Your hopes are realized. We need so-cons who also think it wise to address fiscal issues from a small government reform minded perspective.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:14:26 PM »

Hold it!

ZuWo, I agree that we should include a pro-life plank in the platform.

Isaac, I agree that our single focus should not be on social issues.

Look, we can have our cake (pro -life plank), and eat it too (broad appeal through game reform).

We should reach out with the ideas of game reform while not relenting on our plank of fighting for pro-life causes. Also what about the rights of the individual regions? If we are the successor of the RPP, this should be an important matter.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:46:35 PM »

Our party needs to oppose the anti-conscription bill in the Senate... it weakens our national defense capability considerably

Why is the idea of a volunteer military a bad one? You would gain a stronger and more content military in regards of morale. What we need is stronger personal morality instilled in our fighting men and women.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 10:01:20 PM »

The one on morality in our fighting men and women? If we are a conservative party, wouldn't we want to teach personal morality to our fighting men and women? Also, I know what I'm about to say will get me blasted like crazy but I must say it..... Banning gays from military service.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:06:20 PM »

The one on morality in our fighting men and women? If we are a conservative party, wouldn't we want to teach personal morality to our fighting men and women? Also, I know what I'm about to say will get me blasted like crazy but I must say it..... Banning gays from military service.

Do you not believe our service members have personal morality?

I believe many do seek to live morally virtuous lives. Sadly many around the world who serve in our military do not.

Would I support conscription in wartime as a compromise? I actually would.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »

There was a time in American history where these matters were far more important than building other people's nations.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 04:44:22 PM »

I will not be making a second preference endorsement.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 04:23:06 PM »

Fellow Whigs and honored guests,

For those who don't know me, my name is Jonathon Calvin Libertas and I'm the Whig candidate for the Mideast Senate seat. A little bit about me is I'm part of a blue collar family from the state of Indiana. Life wasn't always easy and those adversities drew me, like many of you, to the Christian faith. Because of that faith I came to a conservative view of governance. Not a conservatism that some would call extreme and hateful, but one of genuine love for my fellow man. The Hebrew Prophet Micah
spoke about the principals of humility, mercy and justice. That is a view I and many conservatives want to take to Nyman regardless of faith. Do I believe the core brotherhood of conservatism and libertarianism is a view that would honor Micah's Sacred Charge? Yes!!

Looking at the tax and fiscal policies up for debate in our senate I saw a gross injustice that only slows down the recovery and keeping us in the Great Recession.  They want to tax the wealthy in a way that hinders those folks ability to give generously, if they so choose. Tommorrow I will reveal a proposal regarding the tax brackets of both individuals and businesses.

As you vote in the upcoming elections consider who do you think will best champion common sense pragmatic conservatism. One who is willing to work with the left when the idea is consistant with the principals of limited government yet when conscience demands it, to
oppose with passion and civility.

Thank you and may God and Dave bless you all

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 10:22:48 PM »

I hereby motion for the party to officially support and affix it's name to the amicus curiae brief of Nathan as it pertains to Tweed vs. DoFE.

AYE

I have informed the Senator of my support of his brief. It's an AYE from me a well.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 06:03:33 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies