Whig Party National Conference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:21:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 51824 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:09:11 PM »

Agreed. MasterSanders hits it out of the ball park. I founded this party, if this helps anyone, intending it to be a center right party that really emphasized the communitarian aspect. I think we do need a broad platform, as I think a fairly wide ranging base is going to be necessary for survival. At this juncture the failure of this party would mean the failure of the Atlasian Right in the short term.

Talk about social issues, talk about morality- I would not support a platform without those. But let's focus upon strengthening communities and social capital, as we are the Whig-Communitarian Party, and benefits of doing so.

While I think concerns about us being a "far right" party are unfounded- it's virtually nonexistent here- I was looking to form a decidedly non-libertarian right-wing party.

But we can stick to our guns and be broad-based. We have to. We just have to do it right.

As for caucuses, I'd like to see a level of central control that inhibits the kind of independence that allowed them to break away from the JCP and RPP- at least in the short term while we sort things out. We shouldn't be running in different directions just quite yet. Smiley

It's hilarious when you talk about forming a broad ranged coalition and at the same time yell out to a constituency that you don't want our votes.

Well you're welcome Simfan.  This party will never ever get my vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies