Whig Party National Conference
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:08:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 51781 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »

Thank you!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #351 on: June 08, 2012, 12:04:25 PM »

Hey folks,

There's a hard-fought election battle going on for the IDS Legislature. I've been representing the Whigs in legislature for about a month--I'd love to have your continued support during this election. It's going to be a huge uphill climb. Two seats are up for grabs. JBrase will get one. That means there's gonna be a big three-way race for the third, between Labour's Adam Griffin, Mechaman of the Imperial Bloc, and myself.

I'd appreciate whatever help you could give me.

If you want to learn more, feel free to check out my campaign, located here.

Thanks!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #352 on: June 08, 2012, 12:29:29 PM »

Hey folks,

There's a hard-fought election battle going on for the IDS Legislature. I've been representing the Whigs in legislature for about a month--I'd love to have your continued support during this election. It's going to be a huge uphill climb. Two seats are up for grabs. JBrase will get one. That means there's gonna be a big three-way race for the third, between Labour's Adam Griffin, Mechaman of the Imperial Bloc, and myself.

I'd appreciate whatever help you could give me.

If you want to learn more, feel free to check out my campaign, located here.

Thanks!

As a member of this party you have the endorsement of the Whig Party. Now I can't vote for you personally, but as far as I have seen you have played an active role during the last session of the IDS Legislature so I encourage all Southerners - be they members of the Whig Party or members of any other party - to re-elect you. Good luck from the party chairman! Wink
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #353 on: June 08, 2012, 03:24:33 PM »

Thanks ZuWo!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #354 on: June 15, 2012, 02:39:52 AM »

It's one week before the next regularly scheduled federal election so according to our bylaws it's time to hold our convention.

Amendments to the bylaws can be put forward now.

We should also hold an endorsement vote regarding the presidential election.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #355 on: June 15, 2012, 02:58:01 AM »

Candidates not in the party may petition for the Whig Party's endorsement.

I would like to endorse the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket for 2nd preference.

In 24 hours the Whig Party will start their endorsement votes.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #356 on: June 15, 2012, 07:47:02 AM »

Here's how I think we, as a party, should preference:

[1] Clarence/Yelnoc
[2] Napoleon/Kalwejt
[3] Oakvale/Cincinnatus
[4] Tweed/Bgwah
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #357 on: June 15, 2012, 08:31:47 AM »

Fellow members of the Whig Party, here's what I think about the upcoming presidential election.

With Clarence and Yelnoc we have a ticket in the race that is highly qualified to lead our country. Clarence is an active Senator who stands up for his conservative principles but who is ready to compromise if necessary and treats his opponents with respect. Likewise, Yelnoc is an excellent pick for the office of Vice President because he is a guy who has a profound knowledge and who takes an unideological and objective approach to the issues. Fellow members of the Whig Party, this is a ticket we can trust.

Maybe you have not made up your minds about the other tickets yet. In my opinion, the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket is the best among the three left tickets. The Tweed/bgwah ticket is too far away from us politically, and Napoleon and Kalwejt have made clear how little they think of the Whig Party by accusing us of conducting a "War on Women" or being "extreme". Ladies and Gentlemen, we should not give a single vote to a ticket which treats our party in such a disrespectful way. Clearly, our country will be better off with a President who respects all citizens regardless of their political leanings. Indeed, in the ideal case this is Clarence. However, in case we are not as successful as we hope for we are obliged to support another candidate who can move this country forward - this is Oakvale. I therefore encourage all members of the Whig Party to endorse Oakvale/Cincinnatus for second preference.

Chairman ZuWo (Endorsement votes start tomorrow)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #358 on: June 15, 2012, 03:19:47 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2012, 03:25:11 PM by His Great Device Makes Him Famous »

I abstain from this vote. The Whig Party should be dedicated to our candidate and our candidate alone. Making official 2nd, 3rd, preference votes is unnecessary.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #359 on: June 15, 2012, 03:32:36 PM »

I abstain from this vote. The Whig Party should be dedicated to our candidate and our candidate alone. Making official 2nd, 3rd, preference votes is unnecessary.

Then preference

[1] Clarence

and say nothing else.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #360 on: June 15, 2012, 03:34:37 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2012, 03:36:34 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Awfully disturbing that the Governor of the Mideast cares so little about his region's core industries that he so glowingly offers his endorsement to someone who directly assaulted the Mideast economy by banning automobiles while he was Governor. It just goes to show that politics don't matter in this game, people would rather have the impression that they are liked, whether or not true.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #361 on: June 15, 2012, 03:59:20 PM »

Abstain. Idk if I want Oak or Napoleon as a 2nd yet.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #362 on: June 15, 2012, 04:01:20 PM »

Clarence was Governor? And he banned automobiles? That's news to me.

Anyway, this thread is currently fully dedicated to the Whig Party Convention. Members of other parties are welcome to speak if they petition to get the Whig Party's endorsement - otherwise take your rants about the Whig Party as a whole or individual members of the party somewhere else.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #363 on: June 15, 2012, 04:02:24 PM »

Abstain. Idk if I want Oak or Napoleon as a 2nd yet.

Voting still hasn't started anyway. The vote on our endorsements is going to start tomorrow. Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #364 on: June 15, 2012, 04:07:46 PM »

Might be talking about oakvale maybe? No idea. I'd like to get this cleared up though. I wanna know who banned automobiles!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #365 on: June 15, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2012, 04:16:59 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Might be talking about oakvale maybe? No idea. I'd like to get this cleared up though. I wanna know who banned automobiles!

Oakvale.

But to expand, if I were a Whig I wouldn't put much stock in ZuWo's personal vendetta against me. I've worked with Whigs and other parties just fine. I've signed some of Simfan's ideas into law even if it when I found them counter to my personal ideology, worked closely with conservatives like Shua and Jbrase in the Senate, was a close ally of Governor Winfield, and havethe endorsements of Tmthforu and Dallasfan, the last conservatives to get elected to the presidency. ZuWo may hate me but my record speaks for itself.

There are a few major differences between Oakvale and myself but none are really rooted in ideology. I will be a more active president, I will work closely with the Senate like I have the Assembly as Governor, and we will debate issues that often go under the radar. Things like health care and education are important but they don't require the Senate's attention full time. If im elected we will delve into foreign policy more and debate a diverse set of issues like we have done at the regional level in the Northeast. So, I ask that you look at each of our records in office and decide who is fit to lead.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #366 on: June 15, 2012, 04:17:41 PM »

I suppose this isn't exactly surprising given the (inexplicably) increasingly negative tone of your campaign in recent weeks, Napoleon, but you could at least cite the bill I assume you're referring to so people can read it for themselves.

Here's a link to the debate and discussion in the old Pacific Council (RIP) thread. Of particular note is that Councillor Jbrase, hardly a fire breathing liberal, voted in favor of the bill, and it was proposed by realisticidealist, himself fairly conservative.

It's kind of a kooky bill, sure, and not one I'm especially enamored with, but it was the Pacific. It also passed with a veto-proof majority, for the record, though I did ultimately vote for it, seeing it as some decent if flawed economic stimulus with benefits for the environment. And, hey, if it encourages Detroit to continue their work on renewable energy-based cars, then that's a good thing. Wink

But... rest assured I've no plans on introducing something like this on a federal level. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #367 on: June 15, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »

It is funny that simply telling voters about laws you signed is now considered negative campaigning. What a joke.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #368 on: June 15, 2012, 04:23:50 PM »

And now it's a "vendetta" to remind the Whig Party members of how insulting you, Napoleon, have been towards us? All I said regarding your negative comments about the Whig Party can be verified. You have a funny way of twisting the truth!

Anyway, I have PMed Simfan to lock this thread if the cluttering continues. This thread is dedicated to the convention and is not the campaign platform of other candidates. Please respect that.

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #369 on: June 15, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »

[1] Clarence
[2] Oakvale
[3] Tweed
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #370 on: June 15, 2012, 04:32:01 PM »

My apologies, Mr. Chairman - I didn't intend to campaign in this thread.

All I will say to my friends in the Whig Party is this - while we may often disagree, I can promise you that under an Oakvale Presidency you will never be overlooked - your point of view will be respected and listened to, and there will always be a seat at the table for you. Smiley

Anyway, I'll leave you to your convention, I certainly don't mean to fill thread with campaign nonsense.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #371 on: June 15, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »

Ok, I give in: The endorsement vote has started (I shall consider 20RP12's vote the first vote, then comes A-Bob's vote and then TJ's).

My vote:

[1] Clarence
[2] Oakvale
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #372 on: June 15, 2012, 04:44:22 PM »

I will not be making a second preference endorsement.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #373 on: June 15, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »

Yeah, I couldn't even name my personal second preference right now. So I really believe that clarence is the only candidate this party should support... Oakvale and Napolean aren't in-line with our ideology. Why should we offer even marginal support to a candidate we don't want to see elected?

So here's my vote:

[1] clarence
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #374 on: June 16, 2012, 10:29:49 AM »

Due to his party switch (have fun in the new party Wink), 20RP12's endorsement vote is declared invalid.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies