Whig Party National Conference
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:24:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 51768 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 07:51:08 PM »

Gay Marriage has been legal in Atlasia for some time now, so trying to outlaw it would be a bit of a political reach IMO (and that's quite an understatement). To be honest, I think you ought to delete that entire line from the platform since it doesn't actually say anything coherent in the first place.

In the same light, I don't see why you would raise the issue of the death penalty because it has also been illegal in Atlasia for a long time. There is no political will to legalize it, either. Taking stands on political non-issues isn't a great way to attract people to a party; it only pushes away those who marginally agree.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 07:53:28 PM »

I agree with TJ's sentiments on gay marriage... not only from a practicality view for from ideology also
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 09:32:25 PM »

I might join if I get involved in the game.

Great party idea, though.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 09:38:39 PM »

I might join if I get involved in the game.

Great party idea, though.

Get involved! The more the merrier!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 12:00:21 AM »

If they are non-issues, then they can be left out.

What do you mean by "tradition must be considered", then?

We respect the traditional family. That's pretty much it. I'd like to see some more sign-ups so we can get a convention to hammer out a platform.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 12:27:40 AM »

It's like United Colors of Benetton.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 01:46:27 AM »

I'm in now!
But communitarian sounds bad for me.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 02:48:20 AM »

I didn't really get involved with much before, just voting for RPP candidates occasionally. I'm going to join you guys here and try to get more involved this time!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 04:48:20 AM »

I'm in now!
But communitarian sounds bad for me.
I agree Pingvin
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 10:43:21 AM »

I can support that policy though I would be on the hawk side... I  thing the Whig Party would be a better name... Communitarian sounds a bit strange

Too close to "communist", huh? Wink

I don't care about the name of that party at all. I just want to join a conservative party, and I like the platform Simfan has proposed.

If you do decide to join, you can always push to have it renamed the 'Populist Party' or something to that effect. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 11:47:41 AM »

-That gay and lesbian Atlasians are the equals of their heterosexual counterparts, but tradition must be considered

Bullsh-t
Take that last part out, and this becomes very tempting for me.

Sad Pigs are fun and all, but...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 01:40:10 PM »

I heard the suggestion of "Whig" party mentioned. Sounds much better than communitarian. When I hear "Communitarian", I imagine some nice cozy little welfare state somewhere in Europe, very small and very insignificant and with a decidedly leftist tilt. My mental image for "Whig" is Henry Clay or Abe Lincoln wading through the mud stoidly in Kentucky or something, charging boldly and ruggedly ahead in the wilderness, fighting for internal improvements and other stuff. Whig is much better.

Seeing as the RPP is dissolving, I'll put this on my list of parties I'm consider joining.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »

As the left-communitarian chairman of another new party (the Social Democratic Union (name subject to change) out of the old JCP), I just want to say that although this party has a somewhat more right-communitarian bent than I'd be comfortable with joining even if I were not the party chairman of another one, I think it's a great idea and I wish you the best of luck and hope we can work well together.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 02:39:28 PM »

I heard the suggestion of "Whig" party mentioned. Sounds much better than communitarian. When I hear "Communitarian", I imagine some nice cozy little welfare state somewhere in Europe, very small and very insignificant and with a decidedly leftist tilt. My mental image for "Whig" is Henry Clay or Abe Lincoln wading through the mud stoidly in Kentucky or something, charging boldly and ruggedly ahead in the wilderness, fighting for internal improvements and other stuff. Whig is much better.

Seeing as the RPP is dissolving, I'll put this on my list of parties I'm consider joining.

Communitarianism is an ideology that stresses the importance of the community as an organic social unit, and advocates moral values and tradition.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 02:43:42 PM »

Communitarianism is an ideology that stresses the importance of the community as an organic social unit, and advocates moral values and tradition.

Parties arent named after their ideology usuually or we would have the Conservative and Liberal parties, not the Republican and Democratic parties. A Whig Party could have a communitarian ideology
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2012, 02:45:55 PM »

Parties arent named after their ideology usuually or we would have the Conservative and Liberal parties, not the Republican and Democratic parties. A Whig Party could have a communitarian ideology

I'm totally fine with the Whig Party- but we can see at a convention.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »

Do we have the registered members to hold convention now?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2012, 02:48:59 PM »

We should held a vote for Convention Host City. My proposal - Philadelphia, PA!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2012, 02:49:00 PM »

Do we have the registered members to hold convention now?

I'd say we should wait for more members to join the party before we hold a convention - if there are more people willing to join this party.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2012, 02:51:32 PM »

ZuWo I read in another post that the Liberal Party is very structured thus members are flocking their way... maybe if we get organized we can get more members. You are right that there may be a ceiling to how many folks theres willing to join our conservative party
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2012, 02:51:56 PM »

Now THAT'S scary.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »

What do we think? We currently have 6 members- can we get to 10?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2012, 02:54:14 PM »

Now THAT'S scary.

Which part is scary to you- community, morals, or tradition? It is sccary that you find those scary!
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »

I'll probably join, but the name "Whig Party" is terrible.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2012, 02:55:35 PM »

What do we think? We currently have 6 members- can we get to 10?
Love this logo Simfan! I have tried to make logos for my campaign on logovictory.com and they do not turn out as well as this. I propose we move to convention and members can join and be eligible at once to vote
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies