Whig Party National Conference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:29:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 52320 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »

One can have both- cooperation through leadership.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »

I do, but I think it would in the best interests of the Party if I were to stand aside.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2012, 01:12:03 PM »

I support this platform and second the nomination of Pingvin and ZuWo.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 09:57:20 PM »

I think it might be problematic, if it implicitly rules out cutting the military to a smaller level. If we support small government the military should be cut as well.
At least we should agree on a defence policy first.
Maybe our respect could be directly connected to our veterans policy?

If Atlasia is supposed to be a virtual US this might be problematic but how about:
"We recognize the Judeo-Christian tradition as the primary moral foundation of our society and the positive role of religion should be acknowledged and respected by the government".

Where does the Whigs stand on climate change and alternative energy? I hope we are relatively progressive on this issue (otherwise I am in the wrong party Smiley ).

Your own description of your beliefs makes me think you'd fit much better in the Liberal Party.

Pah. I still stand by my belief that the reference to "That multilateralism and collective security - a community of nations - is the best way to advance Atlasia's interests abroad." should remain- I recall making an amendment, what was it?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2012, 06:18:09 AM »

1. "We recognize the Judeo-Christian tradition as the primary moral foundation of our society and the positive role of religion should be acknowledged and respected by the government."

[  ] Aye
[X] Nay

2. "God gave us the earth in trust and we are merely the caretakers of it and should pass it on to future generations in at least the condition we received it."

[  ] Aye
[X] Nay

3. "The Whig Party will only use military intervention abroad if the national security of Atlasia or our allies is threatened."

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay

4. "The Whig Party supports alternative energy research and supports enviromental protection."

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay

5. "That the military and its traditions are a fundamental aspect of our heritage and national identity."

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay

6. "That multilateralism and collective security - a community of nations - is the best way to advance Atlasia's interests abroad."

[X]Aye
[  ] Nay
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2012, 06:22:24 AM »

And here are some points, the ones not struck out (most likely because they're already being voted upon) I officially propose:

We, the members of the Whig Party, desirous of the advancement of the state of Atlasia, our country, and the preservation of its society, believe:

-That the foundation of a democratic, peaceful, and prosperous society is the family and community.
-That we simultaneously re-affirm the idea of personal responsibility, aided via the community.
-That the greatest long-term crisis facing Atlasia today is the decline of social capital and community, which shall eventually come to harm that democratic, peaceful, and prosperous society we enjoy.
-That greatest power in the land is not the State, whether Federal or Regional, but instead the community and the individual.

-That the government is not the arbiter nor origin of economic growth, but rather a force than can and should be used to assisted the marketplace in its growth, in the interests of community and the nation.
-That the model of free and unrestricted two-way trade is the optimal model for trade between nations
-That the government is, by nature, the power that can best provide certain resources and services to society.
-The government should regulate trade and industry to maximize social equity, while in a manner that does not impede the normal functioning of the economy
-That welfare is meant to temporarily assist, not provide for, the people

-That Atlasia must be mindful of its being the world's foremost power
-That military conflict, in general, is counter to the well-being of man and thus must be avoided unless necessary
-That diplomacy, not warfare, is the cornerstone of foreign relations
-That multilateralism and collective security- a community of nations- is the best way to advance Atlasia's interests abroad
-That the goals set out in foreign interventions must be achieved.

-That the maintenance of tradition is an integral part of society
-That the concepts of "rights" and "entitlements" must be balanced by an awareness of responsibilities and obligations to others
-That the life of all must be defended, and so both executions and abortion must be made illegal or at the least as rare as possible
-That the advancment of culture and science is an integral function of society and its organizations.

And the variations upon the two in which I voted nay:

"We recognize the religious basis for the moral foundation of our society and the positive role of religion should be acknowledged and respected by the government."

"We as the caretakers of the Earth have a moral obligation to pass it on to future generations in at least the condition we received it."

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »

Simfan, I suggest that we first conclude the current vote and that we hold a debate and a vote on your proposals afterwards. This way we can avoid the confusion of having several votes taking place at the same time. Is that ok?

Of course!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2012, 12:23:12 PM »

Ladies and Gentelmen, lets vote on National Convention Host City!
[] Chicago, IL
[] Columbus, OH
[] Cleveland, OH
[] Pittsburgh, PA
[] Indianapolis, IN
[] Cincinnati, OH
[] Atlantic City, NJ
[] St. Paul, MN
[] Niagara Falls, NY
[] Winona Lake, IN
[] Milford, IN
[] St. Louis, MO
[] Detroit, MI
[] Wichita, KS
[X] Denver, CO
[] Birmingham, AL
[] Mandan, ND
[] Springfield, IL
[] Minneapolis, MN
[] Bird-In-Hand, PA
[] Fairfield Glade, TN
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2012, 06:41:02 PM »

Of course, I support them all.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2012, 10:14:48 PM »

Ehhh I'm thinking more so of having regulating to the point where you have externalities and private cost at the same level and in equilibrium with the market demand
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2012, 04:45:27 PM »

Three months? If the period was that long I would prefer if you'd resign for the time being. That's a period almost as long as most terms. We'd welcome you back upon your return.

Since 20RP12 joined after he announced his candidacy, I would prefer that we simply not endorse a candidate, but I'd like to see both Clarence and he urge their supporters to make the other their second choices.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2012, 09:32:18 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2012, 09:34:41 PM by Severe Simfan34 »

Ehhh I'm thinking more so of having regulating to the point where you have externalities and private cost at the same level and in equilibrium with the market demand
Thats pretty much my position.
Since we are some European Christian Democrats and US Moderates in the party, its platform is to the left of US Conservatives in some areas.

That too sums it up nicely for me.

Since 20RP12 joined after he announced his candidacy, I would prefer that we simply not endorse a candidate, but I'd like to see both Clarence and he urge their supporters to make the other their second choices.

Why not just endorse both of them? Sort of like "the Whig Party officially endorses 20RP12 and Clarence for the Presidency, and encourages its members to weigh the merits of each when determining which shall get their first preference and which shall get their second"

This isn't a terrible idea(?)

Yes that sounds like it could work.

Anyway, I'll be running for Party Chair whenever we vote for it next.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2012, 11:22:36 PM »

I second this motion.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2012, 11:12:57 AM by Simfan34 »

I second that motion. I would like to hold a special election for the current shake-up, but we actually never held the April convention, so we can open it and vote there.

I have already booked rooms at the Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square. I recommend we host the actual events at the Lancaster County Convention Center. I am more than willing to draw up a program.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2012, 02:20:50 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2012, 02:29:55 PM by Simfan34 »

Simfan, do you expect us to appear in ties and appropriate suits to that convention? If yes, can you send us your detailed instructions as to what we should and should not wear at least a few days in advance? Thanks!

For everyone's information, here's our bylaws:

Membership

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A suit jacket and tie should suffice. Wink Informal attire.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2012, 08:15:28 PM »

ONLY a suit jacket and tie? That sounds too informal to me...

Indeed, the dress code is informal.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2012, 11:19:09 PM »

Certainly I think ZuWo or I would not be "unabashed bigots"...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2012, 07:26:17 AM »

Do you have confidence in the current Vice Chair (vacant)?

[  ] Yes
[X] No
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2012, 12:09:08 PM »

I shall run.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2012, 04:34:39 PM »

Official Ballot:

Who should be the new vice chair of the Whig Party?

[1] Simfan34
[2] 20RP12
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »

Thank you!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2012, 03:19:47 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2012, 03:25:11 PM by His Great Device Makes Him Famous »

I abstain from this vote. The Whig Party should be dedicated to our candidate and our candidate alone. Making official 2nd, 3rd, preference votes is unnecessary.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2012, 06:58:16 PM »

[1] Clarence/Yelnoc
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2012, 12:40:14 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2012, 12:43:12 PM by Simfan »

Chairman ZuWo, members of the Party:

The work ZuWo has done for the party is incalculable, in terms of getting Whigs elected and expanding our presence in Atlasia. Membership has expanded by over 60%, and we today have a presence in every region. We've gone from being a secondary party from being one of the nation's major parties. We've been able to elect officials in regions that would have otherwise been unimaginable. I myself am a I prime example of this, today being Lt. Governor and Speaker of a region with only three registered Whigs; without ZuWo's efforts this could have never come to be.

ZuWo has been at the forefront of combating the lies and half-truths being disseminated about our party, this has directly led to our growth and strong showings in recent elections. Indeed, we are the most diverse party in Atlasia- the most women, the most African Americans! Thanks to ZuWo, we today can look forwards to a strong growth trajectory, more Whig elected officials, and a larger, more influential party, one that brings Atlasia towards a more economically free, socially supportive, and morally just society. We have been most fortunate to have to you as our Chairman, ZuWo.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2012, 10:15:07 PM »

I hereby motion for the party to officially support and affix it's name to the amicus curiae brief of Nathan as it pertains to Tweed vs. DoFE.

AYE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies