Whig Party National Conference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:07:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 52022 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2012, 02:39:52 AM »

It's one week before the next regularly scheduled federal election so according to our bylaws it's time to hold our convention.

Amendments to the bylaws can be put forward now.

We should also hold an endorsement vote regarding the presidential election.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2012, 02:58:01 AM »

Candidates not in the party may petition for the Whig Party's endorsement.

I would like to endorse the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket for 2nd preference.

In 24 hours the Whig Party will start their endorsement votes.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2012, 08:31:47 AM »

Fellow members of the Whig Party, here's what I think about the upcoming presidential election.

With Clarence and Yelnoc we have a ticket in the race that is highly qualified to lead our country. Clarence is an active Senator who stands up for his conservative principles but who is ready to compromise if necessary and treats his opponents with respect. Likewise, Yelnoc is an excellent pick for the office of Vice President because he is a guy who has a profound knowledge and who takes an unideological and objective approach to the issues. Fellow members of the Whig Party, this is a ticket we can trust.

Maybe you have not made up your minds about the other tickets yet. In my opinion, the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket is the best among the three left tickets. The Tweed/bgwah ticket is too far away from us politically, and Napoleon and Kalwejt have made clear how little they think of the Whig Party by accusing us of conducting a "War on Women" or being "extreme". Ladies and Gentlemen, we should not give a single vote to a ticket which treats our party in such a disrespectful way. Clearly, our country will be better off with a President who respects all citizens regardless of their political leanings. Indeed, in the ideal case this is Clarence. However, in case we are not as successful as we hope for we are obliged to support another candidate who can move this country forward - this is Oakvale. I therefore encourage all members of the Whig Party to endorse Oakvale/Cincinnatus for second preference.

Chairman ZuWo (Endorsement votes start tomorrow)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2012, 04:01:20 PM »

Clarence was Governor? And he banned automobiles? That's news to me.

Anyway, this thread is currently fully dedicated to the Whig Party Convention. Members of other parties are welcome to speak if they petition to get the Whig Party's endorsement - otherwise take your rants about the Whig Party as a whole or individual members of the party somewhere else.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2012, 04:02:24 PM »

Abstain. Idk if I want Oak or Napoleon as a 2nd yet.

Voting still hasn't started anyway. The vote on our endorsements is going to start tomorrow. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2012, 04:23:50 PM »

And now it's a "vendetta" to remind the Whig Party members of how insulting you, Napoleon, have been towards us? All I said regarding your negative comments about the Whig Party can be verified. You have a funny way of twisting the truth!

Anyway, I have PMed Simfan to lock this thread if the cluttering continues. This thread is dedicated to the convention and is not the campaign platform of other candidates. Please respect that.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »

Ok, I give in: The endorsement vote has started (I shall consider 20RP12's vote the first vote, then comes A-Bob's vote and then TJ's).

My vote:

[1] Clarence
[2] Oakvale
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2012, 10:29:49 AM »

Due to his party switch (have fun in the new party Wink), 20RP12's endorsement vote is declared invalid.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2012, 11:02:51 AM »

The endorsement vote has 24 more hours.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2012, 02:58:53 PM »

Surprise surprise: Yelnoc and his running mate receive the Whig Party endorsement, getting the support of all party members who have voted.

Most party members do not want to endorse anyone for lower preferences, while a minority want to give Oakvale/Cincinnatus their second preferences.

If a party member wants to deliver a speech, this is the time. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2012, 03:15:59 AM »

Thank you JCL and Clarence for your nice speeches. I can only stress what you said: Vote against predictability and more of the same, vote for something new, vote for JCL and Clarence!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2012, 03:21:29 AM »

I am going to step down as chairman of the Whig Party

Fellow members of the Whig Party

The elections for President and Mideast Senator are over. The Whig Party has fielded conservative candidates in both races and has tried to win these elections. Personally, I have been heavily involved in Clarence's and JCL's campaign. Sadly, despite all our efforts we lost. Therefore, I am ready to accept my share of responsibility and have decided to take the necessary actions. Concretely, I will not run for re-election as party chairman at the next convention in August. I am not resigning immediately because I want to give members of this party who are interested in this office enough time to prepare for the chairmanship.

I have enjoyed being chairman of the Whig Party and will remain involved in the activities of this party. I enjoy my job as Mideast Governor, which fully occupies me and is great entertainment. Additionally, I will continue to make efforts to recruit new conservative members to the game and the party and will help in future GOTV operations. However, now is the time for a change in leadership. With a new chairman who is capable of fulfilling this role I see a bright future for our party.

I'd like to thank everyone who has supported the conservative cause during the last election.

Sincerely

ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2012, 02:42:27 PM »

Thank you for these flattering remarks. I appreciate that! Smiley

Just to make it very clear: I am not going to reduce my activity within the Whig Party. For example, I will continue my efforts to recruit new members to the party. Also, I will continue to speak out against people who attack our party in an unfair way and take part in future GOTV operations. All I do is handing the chairmanship over to another party member - there are many great guys in our party who could do that job so there is no reason to be pessimistic about the future of the Whig Party.
Indeed, there are many things to do in my home region at the moment so this is the perfect time to step down and focus on the Mideast.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2012, 02:55:07 AM »

Immediate Resignation as Chairman

Contrary to what I stated yesterday, I have decided to step down as chairman of the Whig Party immediately. I have informed vice chairman Simfan of my decision. Simfan will lead the party at least until the next regular election for chairman in August since our bylaws make clear that the vice chair automatically becomes chairman if the chairman resigns.

In order to elect a new vice chairman we first need to hold a vote of non-confidence on Vice Chair "vacancy" - we still haven't got around to fixing this loophole in our bylwas. My apologies. Tongue

Party members who would like to become vice chairman should apply for the office as soon as possible.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2012, 11:02:14 AM »

abstain (on Nathan's brief) - this court case highly amuses me
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2012, 02:05:09 PM »

Aye on Clarence's motion
ZuWo
YaBB God