Whig Party National Conference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:59:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 52000 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 09:49:14 PM »

Votes of approvals make it harder to dump incumbents... I don't care much but that is a side effect
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 06:11:26 AM »

MasterSanders, I agree with all but the third point- the cabinet should be able to trusted and able to consult the President. I also agree that abortions should be left to the regions, although I would like to see some kind of condemnation, even if (and preferably) a mild one.

Definitely, though I disagree with the wording "a mild one". A large wing of this party has emerged from the Right to Life Caucus, so the protection of the unborn must be one of our main goals, and the condemnation of abortion an unambiguous case.
I generally urge caution about adopting "moderate stances" in our platform. If we become vague in an attempt to reach out to as many voters as possible, we actually contravene the basic idea behind the mutual dissolution of the RPP and the JCP by laying the foundation for becoming the next big-tent party on the right.
This should be a socially and economically conservative party. We believe in our conservative values, so why should we try to hide or mitigate them?

Yes... this is very concerning Simfan. Santorum quoted Lincoln a while back and said "no state has the right to commit moral wrongs." For those of us who are firmly pro-life this stance would be a dealbreaker
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2012, 12:55:12 PM by clarence »

I get politics...I am just concerned with wanting to go as mild as can be

Revelation 3:15
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 09:40:41 PM »

Our party needs to oppose the anti-conscription bill in the Senate... it weakens our national defense capability considerably
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 09:50:49 PM »

Our party needs to oppose the anti-conscription bill in the Senate... it weakens our national defense capability considerably

Why is the idea of a volunteer military a bad one? You would gain a stronger and more content military in regards of morale. What we need is stronger personal morality instilled in our fighting men and women.
Conscription is a necessary tool to have at our disposal

And what do you mean by your last statement... ?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 10:02:38 PM »

The one on morality in our fighting men and women? If we are a conservative party, wouldn't we want to teach personal morality to our fighting men and women? Also, I know what I'm about to say will get me blasted like crazy but I must say it..... Banning gays from military service.

Do you not believe our service members have personal morality?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 10:15:38 PM »

Wait!

Let's not get distracted over whether our servicemen need moral teaching, or whether gays should be banned. Let's discuss the party's official position on the Anti-conscription bill.

I say we should work for a compromise that would allow for a draft only in wartime.

I say we work to defeat it and if we have to settle for a compromise then so be it...

That is my mentality with all this and in life- push for what you want and if need be settle, but don't push with delicate hands. Come heavy or not at all
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 10:19:42 PM »

Wait!

Let's not get distracted over whether our servicemen need moral teaching, or whether gays should be banned. Let's discuss the party's official position on the Anti-conscription bill.

I say we should work for a compromise that would allow for a draft only in wartime.

I say we work to defeat it and if we have to settle for a compromise then so be it...

That is my mentality with all this and in life- push for what you want and if need be settle, but don't push with delicate hands. Come heavy or not at all

If a compromise can not be reached, then yes, Clarence, we should vote against it.
Amen
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2012, 10:23:02 PM »

Wait!

If a compromise can not be reached, then yes, Clarence, we should vote against it.
Amen

Clarence, I admire your attitude.
Thanks brother- likewise
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »

I have strong issue with the foreign policy plank... multilateralism should not be the goal- I believe we must remain the world's only superpower
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 11:52:37 PM »

I agree Simfan- but I believe multilateralism implies we want other nations to match out strength... unless I don't understand the term?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 08:46:37 AM »

Is Simfan still here?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 10:01:47 AM »

What I mean is- does he still participate in the Fantasy elections
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2012, 12:00:42 PM »

I vote for Pingvin as Chair and nominate ZuWo as Vice Chair
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 11:00:22 AM »

Pingvin

ZuWo

Yes
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2012, 02:51:37 PM »

Congratulations you both-
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2012, 01:25:37 PM »

I still object to the use of the term multilateralism- and I would like to propose the following line...

-That the military and its traditions are a fundamental aspect of our heritage and national identity
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 05:51:29 PM »

Thanks Alfred- but no thanks. Not only does this clause NOT establish an official religion but you are not a member of our party so your opinion on party matters means zilch to any one here
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 05:36:31 AM »

Napoleon- why don't you let us set OUR platform... you wont' vote for us whatever we put in so why should we try to meet you halfway
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 05:47:01 AM »

Your comments completely distorted our point of views... recognizing Judeo-Christian tradition as the moral backbone of our nation while respecting and encouraging other views does not declare Christianity a state religion. Regardless of if you are a Jew or a Christian- it is likely that YOUR notion of morals stems from the Ten Commandments
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2012, 06:05:48 AM »

Politicus- I think you have many good points. I think the first paragraph sums up what w are trying to do... this party stems from the Right to Life Caucus which officially opposed the death penalty for consistency
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2012, 06:51:46 AM »

If something like "unless our national security interests are threatened" I would agree...
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 11:43:15 AM »

Great points- ZuWo as always. We are in a good position and I congratulate TJ and also Pingvin- he makes the liberals angry but he certainly makes us proud by standing true to his values even if it may hurt politically

I think we have made great progress on the platform... I hope my clause about respecting the military as a part of our national tradition makes it in. I had raised a stink about the multilateralism clause but I realized I confused that with multipolar which is very different...
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 03:25:13 AM »

Please vote AYE or NAY on each proposal. Voting ends in 5 days:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

[/quote]
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 09:57:51 AM »

I would object strongly to the one regarding military conflict- I understand the sentiment but as everyone knows military conflict is sometimes essential to the well-being of man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies