Senate Resolution Calling for a Constitutional Convention. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:59:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Resolution Calling for a Constitutional Convention. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Resolution Calling for a Constitutional Convention.  (Read 6165 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« on: January 04, 2005, 06:28:53 PM »

Only the President of the Senate or the President Pro Tempore can call a vote on something......As we haven't got a President Pro Tempore yet we must wait for the Vice President to call a vote or for a PPT to be elected.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 03:06:36 PM »

I will put this to a vote on the seventh as has been requested to keep those outgoing Senators happy Smiley.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 08:26:48 AM »

I will indeed put this to a vote today (the seventh) as I said I would, however, would we prefer a 17 or 11 delegate convention? I think we should decide that first.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 04:19:50 PM »

I propose to amend the delegation apportionments to meet Ernest's recommendations.

I would like to quickly call a vote on the amendment.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 04:20:36 PM »

All Senators please vote yea nay or abstain on my proposed amendment.

------------------------

Yea
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 09:36:53 AM »

If I counted correctly, that's six yeas and one abstention, enough to pass the amendment.
Could you call the final vote soon?

Five yeas and one abstention actually, but that is enough to pass.

Would all Senators now vote upon the amended version of the resolution (with 17 delegates allotted to the convention).
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 09:37:59 AM »

Yea
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 02:56:24 PM »

The midwest and pacific governors should be raising hell about being under represented.

The Pacific has the same number of delegates as the Mid-East and the South-Eastern Regions so I fail to see why they would be angry. The Mid-West has almost nobody in it so they aren't really either.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 02:59:21 PM »

The midwest and pacific governors should be raising hell about being under represented.

The Pacific has the same number of delegates as the Mid-East and the South-Eastern Regions so I fail to see why they would be angry. The Mid-West has almost nobody in it so they aren't really either.
it means the northeast can trample the rights of the midwest at will.

Not on its own it can't. The North-Eastern Region has seven delegates out of a total of seventeen, the other regions could trample on the North-East if they joined together as could the regions by going against any of them, I fail to see your point?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 04:31:50 PM »

With six votes in favour to one against the resolution has passed.

I believe it calls for the first meeting to be the seventeenth of January so I hope the Governors can get picking on delegates!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 04:58:24 PM »

It also specifies that the President is to call for the Convention.

Yes it does Smiley I know he has to do that, as does he I believe, oh and to correct my earlier statement it says the first meeting should be by the seventeenth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies