My UK Election Predictions and Major Party Prospects

(1/3) > >>

Silent Hunter:
All seats done.

Conservatives 203 (+39)

The Tories have no chance of winning this. Even the Daily Mail effectively said Howard was trying to prevent Labour winning another landslide. He'll succeed in that as the foxhunting factor means that normal service is resumed in a number of rural seats. Chance of some pickups in East London. Likely to lose about 5 seats to the Liberals

Labour 352 (-47)

It's not going to be 1997 and 2001. Labour will lose about 40 seats to the Tories over foxhunting and other issues. 5 seats will go to the Liberals. I don't think the loss of the Muslim vote will make a significant difference.

Liberal Democrats 60 (+6)

In terms of % vote, they will not reach the 1983 Alliance Level. Will gain seats equally off Labour and the Tories, but will lose the by-election pickups.

SNP 7 (+3)

The Scottish Regiments issue, Iraq and other factors may give them up to 3 extra seats.

Plaid Cymru 4 (no change)

Will stay at about the same level as last time. A little bit of turnover as they lose Ceredigon and pick up Ynys Mon.

UUP 4 (-1)

Will decline even further in NI.

DUP 7 (No change)

Gain one, lose one by virtue of a pickup and Hunter's retirement in Basingstoke.

SDLP 2 (-1)

The Catholic vote is increasingly going Sinn Fein. The SDLP is danger of political death, which is a pity.

Sinn Fein 5 (+1)

Gain a seat as the Catholic vote grows in % and trends towards them.

Predicted Labour majority 58 (-94)

Tory:
Labour Party 384
Conservative Party 183
Liberal Democrats 59
Scottish National Party 5
Plaid Cymru 4   
Democratic Unionist Party 7
Ulster Unionist Party 6
Sinn Féin 4
Social Democratic and Labour Party 2

I randomly(sort of) picked out numbers for England. I actually used logic and reasoning for NI and Wales.

Silent Hunter:
Updated.

The Man From G.O.P.:
Ok can someone tell me the date and time for these and does anyone know when ill be able to watch them over here?

maybe even live?

Silent Hunter:
Do you meant the election results.

Expected date for the election is 5 May. Polls close at 10 pm London time and the results start about an hour after (depends how quick Sunderland South is). If you're in DC, start watching from 6pm to about midnight. The Northern Ireland results will come in during Friday afternoon.

I'm not sure about seeing them live on TV. Possibly on BBC World. The BBC website will have constantly updated results on it though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page