Senate Bill For Pacific Defense and Tiawanese Protection Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:04:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Bill For Pacific Defense and Tiawanese Protection Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Bill For Pacific Defense and Tiawanese Protection Act  (Read 3532 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: January 02, 2005, 01:14:57 AM »
« edited: January 02, 2005, 03:29:18 PM by Senator Supersoulty »

The President has requested that I submit the following legislation for debate by the Senate.

Taiwan Protection Act

Be it enacted by the Atlasian Senate here assembled

Section 1: The Atlasian Millitary shall send a division of Aircraft Carries to gurad the Taiwan strait.

Section 2: The Government of Atlasia shall increase funding to Taiwan by $600 million a month.

Section 3: The Atlasian Senate will be allowed to aide Pro-Democratic and Free China Operatives in Mainland China and Taiwan.

Section 4: Missle Technology will be allowed to be shared with Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea.

Section 5 This will take effect February 1, 2005.

Therefore, Taiwan will be defended by the following measures.

I have insisted that the President strike the first section.  Though he said he would pass a bill without it, I am still submitting it for the approval of the Senate as I originally recieved it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 01:46:27 AM »

I agree with the Sec. of Defense on Article 1 and would also add that, though I am not a realist, the Chinese are and they clearly see the strait and being within their shpere of influence.  Moving a battle-group there would be seen, by the Chinese, as a major threat.

Also, I am opposed at this time to any legislation that would recongnize Taiwan.  Though I dream of a day that we can make this move, our standing in the world is not as such, at the moment, for us to endevor into such a bold move against a major power.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 11:22:13 PM »

Glad to see this out of the grave again.

I vote Aye on the amendment.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 12:14:03 PM »

yea
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 08:01:15 PM »

I want to speak strongly against the approval of this Bill and ask my senators: WMS and StatesRights to vote nay.
It is because of the proposal of this highly irresponsible bill that I decided to finally register on the fantasy election board. We have an increasingly important economic relationship with China. Direct investment in China is huge, especially from Texas based companies like Dell and Texas Instruments, as well as AMD. The business sector of my state is highly concerned about the possible retaliations that the Chinese government could apply against our investments there. This bill does not take into consideration the negative economic consequences.
Furthermore, escalating tensions with China is clearly not helpful towards the solution of the North Korean problem. It is also a clear distraction on the war against terror.

Are you at all aware of Atlasia's current relations with China?  They are in the process off building a blue water fleet.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 01:57:41 PM »

I have decided to abstain on this issue over the issue of funding directly internal rebels.

I now close the vote with six in favour to one opposed with one abstention.

I call upon the President to sign this bill into law.

Thats been the result of a lot of Senate votes lately.  Who are our two missing Senators?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies