Senate Bill For Pacific Defense and Tiawanese Protection Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:28:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Bill For Pacific Defense and Tiawanese Protection Act
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Senate Bill For Pacific Defense and Tiawanese Protection Act  (Read 3528 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2005, 06:42:18 PM »

Yea.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2005, 07:28:16 PM »

The People of the Pacific Region support this bill...
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: 5.25, S: -1.69

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2005, 07:31:57 PM »

I want to speak strongly against the approval of this Bill and ask my senators: WMS and StatesRights to vote nay.
It is because of the proposal of this highly irresponsible bill that I decided to finally register on the fantasy election board. We have an increasingly important economic relationship with China. Direct investment in China is huge, especially from Texas based companies like Dell and Texas Instruments, as well as AMD. The business sector of my state is highly concerned about the possible retaliations that the Chinese government could apply against our investments there. This bill does not take into consideration the negative economic consequences.
Furthermore, escalating tensions with China is clearly not helpful towards the solution of the North Korean problem. It is also a clear distraction on the war against terror.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2005, 08:01:15 PM »

I want to speak strongly against the approval of this Bill and ask my senators: WMS and StatesRights to vote nay.
It is because of the proposal of this highly irresponsible bill that I decided to finally register on the fantasy election board. We have an increasingly important economic relationship with China. Direct investment in China is huge, especially from Texas based companies like Dell and Texas Instruments, as well as AMD. The business sector of my state is highly concerned about the possible retaliations that the Chinese government could apply against our investments there. This bill does not take into consideration the negative economic consequences.
Furthermore, escalating tensions with China is clearly not helpful towards the solution of the North Korean problem. It is also a clear distraction on the war against terror.

Are you at all aware of Atlasia's current relations with China?  They are in the process off building a blue water fleet.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2005, 08:16:04 PM »

Are you at all aware of Atlasia's current relations with China?  They are in the process off building a blue water fleet.

I would also suggest that you read the last maybe 5 pages of this thread:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=7447.0

That will give you the current China situation.
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: 5.25, S: -1.69

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2005, 08:40:12 PM »

I've read carefully the news about China. I think it can be pretty easily discovered that the present tension with China has been created by the media. It is kind of worrying that all the news feeds are coming from certain individuals from certain foreign individuals in charge of the media (RMurdoch.. sorry, no, Hugh) - it raises suspicion about their true motivations.
In any case, this bill will certainly hurt the investments of Atlasian businesses and I second the calls of prominent Presidential candidates to cool down things with China.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2005, 08:42:15 PM »

I've read carefully the news about China. I think it can be pretty easily discovered that the present tension with China has been created by the media. It is kind of worrying that all the news feeds are coming from certain individuals from certain foreign individuals in charge of the media (RMurdoch.. sorry, no, Hugh) - it raises suspicion about their true motivations.
In any case, this bill will certainly hurt the investments of Atlasian businesses and I second the calls of prominent Presidential candidates to cool down things with China.

Problem is Hugh is our GM. He creates storylines for us to work with. He creates the foreign affairs and major internal affairs problems the government has to deal with.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2005, 11:59:06 PM »

Cheesy

BTW, the main reason the Chinese problem got so big was lack of action by the government, and....misguided actions afterwards, from a Chinese viewpoint. They're hardly going to like a bill in the Atlasian senate allowing rebels in their own nation.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2005, 02:49:52 AM »

Aye.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2005, 02:54:52 AM »

Cheesy

BTW, the main reason the Chinese problem got so big was lack of action by the government, and....misguided actions afterwards, from a Chinese viewpoint. They're hardly going to like a bill in the Atlasian senate allowing rebels in their own nation.

And we don't like Chinese policy allowing oppression in their nation.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2005, 04:54:11 AM »

Yea
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2005, 01:55:54 PM »

I have decided to abstain on this issue over the issue of funding directly internal rebels.

I now close the vote with six in favour to one opposed with one abstention.

I call upon the President to sign this bill into law.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2005, 01:57:41 PM »

I have decided to abstain on this issue over the issue of funding directly internal rebels.

Thats been the result of a lot of Senate votes lately.  Who are our two missing Senators?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2005, 07:59:08 PM »

Thats been the result of a lot of Senate votes lately.  Who are our two missing Senators?

Varies by bill. This is the first one I missed, because the debate went faster than expected.

And I vote Aye, just so that my constituents know where I stand.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2005, 08:48:44 PM »

I proudly sign this bill:

President PBrunsel
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies