Canada General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:11:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion  (Read 259313 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« on: November 22, 2012, 10:42:16 PM »

From that same interview, Trudeau demonstrates his stairs tumbling skill. (at the end of the video) I forgot about the Alberta part but remembered the stairs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xyiiR2ZSNs
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 07:05:05 PM »

I answered that Angus Reid survey two days ago. I am in their web based panel.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 04:37:38 PM »

He is probably waiting for the process of redistribution to be completed in all provinces. (and he could also be waiting for the transposed results on new map by Elections Canada)

I think his model is mostly change in numbers from last election. Outremont (but not with new map) is shown to be 44% LPC to 38% NDP.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 03:51:18 PM »

Maps of cities with income from last census on cbc website.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/interactives/cp-census/index-september-2013-income-map.html?cmp=fbtl
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 10:19:31 PM »

The Parti Vert du Québec has chosen a new leader. Alex Tyrrell is 25, he was a candidate in Jacques-Cartier (west island Montreal) in the last provincial election. Federally he has been involved with the NDP, was riding president for Lac-Saint-Louis and a Quebec organizer for Nathan Cullen's leadership campaign.

In the last election the party had a candidate in about half the ridings and got 1% share of vote.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 07:24:50 PM »

I'm wondering if she was a supreme court judge at the time of the RCMP sikh headgear issue (I think the court rules on that ?). Maybe she was in the minority on the court.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 09:32:41 PM »

Bumping to add some news on the Die in dignity law.

Kind of surprised none of the parties are voting against it. I figured CAQ would have a few socons.

Are there really any "socon" parts of Quebec? There are xenophobic parts of Quebec, and there are free market types in the Beauce, but socons?

Speaking of which, what party is more socially conservative CAQ or PLQ? My money is on the PLQ.

A few PLQ MNAs (five were named but there could be more) will vote against the Die in dignity law when it's time to vote on the principle of the law. So no big unanimity.

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/actualites/politique/201310/24/01-4703423-aide-medicale-a-mourir-plusieurs-liberaux-sont-dechires.php
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 07:13:42 PM »

A few PLQ MNAs (five were named but there could be more) will vote against the Die in dignity law when it's time to vote on the principle of the law. So no big unanimity.

On the adoption in principle of the law, 25 PLQ and 1 CAQ MNAs voted against but it passed 84-26. Now it goes to detailed study.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 10:29:32 PM »

Harper electoral liability in the west? He's mostly been a liability in the east. mUst not be going well if he is in the Reform west now.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »

I think I will email the Infrastructure minister and tell him what I think of the governement not refusing to pay to replace its crumbling bridge and make it finance by tolls. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies