Canada General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:58:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion  (Read 257655 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2013, 04:30:34 PM »

That riding's seen some pretty huge swings. Is it an NDP riding or an Atamamenko riding?

Almost certainly an NDP riding. It includes traditionally Dipper-leaning areas (but also some Tory strongholds), which vote NDP provincially as well.

The heavy swing in 2006 (against the Purgatories) is because Harper dumped the Tory candidate a week before the election after he was charged with drug booze and a luxury car
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »

And while Wallin, Duffy and Brazeau (women-beater) are still Senators, a bunch of innocent, hardworking and competent civil servants (in my department) got their letters this week. This government is beyond disgusting.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2013, 07:05:03 PM »

And while Wallin, Duffy and Brazeau (women-beater) are still Senators, a bunch of innocent, hardworking and competent civil servants (in my department) got their letters this week. This government is beyond disgusting.

Shall I fetch your fainting couch?

Oh give me a break. Forgive me for not being too jolly about this when people I know personally, who work hard and are good people, are fighting for their jobs and need to deal with tremendous stress in what must be a very difficult period for them; for the only reason that they are the targets of a dogmatic ideological agenda which is hell-bent on sucking life out of the public sector because they "leech on taxpayers' money" or "have it too good" or "need to become more efficient" or whatever horsesh**t they're feeding us.

I know the private sector has it tough too (and I don't want to downplay that); but the public sector has it really tough as well, but of course if we complain then we're lazy, incompetent, spoiled worthless leeches who need to find "a real job". Of course, public servants are awesome targets right now (as the stuff on Mulcair below shows); it's the season to pick on us as the horrible people who are responsible for whatever is going wrong in this country. Naturally, Canada isn't alone in this (the entire world hates public servants now) and Harper didn't invent this, he's just the latest in a series of terrible leaders latching on to it. I hope you'll have the decency to recognize that when, like me, you work in the public sector and will probably work in it for a good part of your life, I have grounds to be very pissed off at what is happening on. So, please.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2013, 08:09:39 PM »

Are we referring to this article? I stay away from the National Post as a rule (and I haven't read Canadian news in weeks) so I hadn't seen it. I'll believe it when I see it.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2013, 08:59:34 AM »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-s-claim-to-arctic-riches-includes-the-north-pole-1.2456773

They're taking the creepy "We are a Northern people" crap too far now.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2013, 05:29:02 PM »

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/12/10/the-qp-clip-santa-claus-is-declared-a-canadian/

Silly season for the government, declares opposition to be anti-Canadian because they 'deny' Santa Claus is a Canadian citizen.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2013, 09:30:54 AM »

[...] though she didn't deserve to be bullied [...], Lenore Zann should have exercised self-restraint/personal responsibility.

-President Snowstalker (Rhodesia)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2013, 11:28:51 AM »

So, when was the last year a non-Tory party led the average of all polls done in the year? 2004 or 2005?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies