Canada General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:06:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion  (Read 258962 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 10:53:03 PM »
« edited: August 07, 2013, 11:20:33 PM by Smid »

FYI, orders came down from party headquarters to be ready for the writ to drop by next week. Apparently we're going to have a summer campaign.

Nova Scotia Provincial Election Base Map, Key Map, and starting margins/notional results in Gallery, whenever the thread gets started.

Base Map:

Key Map:

Notional Results/Starting Margins:

And compare to last election, pre-redistribution:
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 05:00:20 PM »

Any chance of recruiting Rob Ford to run in Montreal?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 09:16:45 PM »

Yeah, sorry, I had nothing serious to contribute, so I tried making a joke. Seems it bombed.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 11:41:27 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2013, 07:19:52 AM by Smid »

Lol at all the people who are all "Harper has the most experience, is the best economic manager and exercises the best judgement, but I want Trudeau to be Prime Minister. He's, like, OMG, so cool and stuff."
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 07:38:20 AM »

And much can happen in two years, beyond Mulcair's control. Currently, the Liberals are bouyed by Trudeau's popularity, but that shine may well come off, and there is very little depth beyond the image. A by-election in a Liberal seat, especially one that will be hard to retain (a Goodale retirement, for example) and the media will spin it as the honeymoon being over, and if non-conservative voters get a feel that the NDP has the better chance at forming government, or at least knocking off Harper, the polls will move quickly and there will be the stampede for the exits. That sort of a thing could happen without Mulcair setting the agenda.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 08:47:07 PM »

I vaguely recall Dave saying that he prefers fewer threads with more posts, because the site runs faster that way? I think Inks then merged some threads in FC.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 05:00:59 PM »

Perhaps they see the BC Liberals as something to emulate?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2013, 08:02:17 PM »

Bus driver seemed to be withdrawn, wasn't acknowledging passengers when they got on. Could have been depressed. No attempts to slow down.

I was wondering if that might have been the case.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 12:01:01 AM »

During their reporting of a cyclone, they created a new state of Capricornia in Queensland...
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 10:30:44 PM »

New Ipsos  poll out: 32 CPC, 31 LPC, 27 NDP.

Then the panel said the Ipsos poll could be DOOM for Dippers if continued.

Why is this result supposed to be so bad for the NDP, given the Liberal leads from earlier this year?

That was my quandry, although I suspect it might have something to do with the "Trudeau most formidable opponent - 69%" part... perhaps there's a thought that the NDP support might collapse into the Liberal column if they think the Liberals have the best chance at defeating Harper?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 05:10:53 PM »

Washington Post does a satirical story on Rob Ford

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2013, 03:43:38 PM »

The sound clip was played on FM breakfast radio here this morning during the news segment!
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 07:49:11 PM »

It is. Chinese and Tibetan community groups are demanding apologies and it's been roiling through the media since Thursday.

What impact might this have in the vicinity of Markham?

Edit: And Richmond, BC, for that matter?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2013, 05:41:32 PM »

In less depressing news, Hastman is running in Edmonton St. Albert. Great news, hopefully he climbs the ranks quickly. Grin

This is very exciting news! I hope he gets the nomination and wins the General, he'll be a great MP, a great potential future Minister and I know will stand up for his constituents and give them excellent representation.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2013, 06:56:20 PM »

He will be fine. That was a 62% Tory riding in 2011. Rathgeber bows out is my guess. He won't want to suffer a Guergis fate.

Redistributed, it becomes 64%.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2013, 06:40:15 PM »

James Moore criticises Joe Clark on Facebook (posts photo of front page of "Embassy: Canada's Foreign Policy Newsweekly" with headline: "Joe Clark Calls for a Return to Soft Power") and posts a comment of: "With respect, no. Let's learn from past failures and not repeat them, Mr Clark."
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »

I have a lot of respect for Alexander. The only thing is, he is not in a safe seat by any stretch of the imagination. His seat was divided into Ajax, and the new Pickering-Uxbridge (including bits of Pickering-Scarborough East and Durham), and the safer of the two seats, Pickering-Uxbridge is still only 46% Conservative, according to pollmaps.ca. Ajax is slightly less safe, but if he takes P-U, than the existing P-SE MP would likely challenge, whereas they could both have seats if he runs in Ajax. Regardless, they are not safe and he'd have to work to hold it - which would reduce the time he can spend campaigning across the country.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 06:03:45 PM »

So I understand there was a provincial reshuffle in Alberta?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 11:18:56 PM »

Thanks for that, mate!
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies