Canada General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:04:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion  (Read 257881 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 02:37:12 PM »

If you believe their polling, the NDP has been steadily gaining over the past year (their results go 11-18-18-22-26, Feb-May-Aug-Nov-Feb, for the NDP). 26% (and 16% for the PCs) may be an outlier, but they definitely seem to have gained considerable ground.

The PCs are between leaders at the moment, though. Who knows what will happen when they get a new leader.

The PCs have been in a massive clusterfark for the last month or so, basically with their leader not being Leader of the Opposition at the same time and the dude who is Leader of the Opposition not recognizing the dude who is party leader. Shouldn't be surprising that they've sunk so low (16% in this poll btw, against 26% for the NDP and 51% for the Liberals who are having a field day).

So unprecedented leadership drama/bitching in addition to the PEI PCs being a useless Moderate Hero party...
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »

Ugh. Couillard is basically what's wrong with contemporary politics.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 06:53:19 AM »

Porter, healthcare, opportunism (or as the PLQ has it, prodigal son returns)? All of the above?

All of the above. Hopefully he goes down in flames as any scumbag of his type should, but voters are morons.

As for this 'major' cabinet shuffle, is this actually going to be a 'major' one or another of the usual yearly replacement of whichever minister turned out to be too much of a retard or a crook since the last shuffle?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013, 08:19:24 AM »

Boulerice's comments make him an epic freedom fighter. I didn't know it was illegal to hold critical historical perspectives from the accepted 'norm', though from this government I'm not shocked. How about we go through what some Purgatories might have written in their earlier days. Probably some much more serious stuff than a Marxist perspective on World War I.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 01:01:32 PM »

Peladeau has been appointed Hydro-Quebec chair.

I feel sick and disgusted.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 02:27:53 PM »

The Purgatory war on science continues: http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/05/13/canada_and_science_nrc_will_now_only_do_science_that_promotes_economic_gain.html?fb_ref=sm_fb_share_blogpost

Science is only good if you can make money off of it.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2013, 09:09:34 AM »

I'm pretty sure 'we' can beat Ford on policy, given how incompetent and horrible he's been as mayor.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 11:49:40 AM »

Is this the usual stuff from posters, or is there serious speculation about John 'por favor' Tory actually running?

He hosts a radio show now? It's interesting how radio/television gigs are the main retirement options for failed politicians.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 06:30:24 PM »

Liberal-voting allophones/immigrants might also tend to be quite/very socially conservative, particularly Italian Catholics, Arabs or Haitians (Catholics). But they're very rarely vocal about that kind of stuff so they're not really noteworthy.

And obviously the Orthodox Jews would be very socially conservative.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 12:47:38 PM »

Why is my 700 years old Frankenstein MP wearing a beret?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »

Another "anti-corruption crusader" bites the dust as he turns out to be a corrupt crook. Good riddance.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2013, 12:19:15 AM »

Trudeaumania already dying down, especially in QC.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2013, 10:14:04 AM »

what is this i don't even
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2013, 10:15:46 AM »

Couillard will run in Roberval at the next election.

That's a risky bet.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 06:41:57 PM »

Don't the Greens have leadership elections every 2 years? Or did E-May drop those?

Well the crazy lady has basically turned the party into some personalist party/personality cult.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2013, 08:08:20 PM »

Massive respect for Nenshi for taking on that scumbag waste of oxygen Ezra Levant.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2013, 09:03:03 AM »

Tragic and awful Sad

Apparently, the crossing signals were up and everything- the bus just didn't stop.

Some drivers really are idiots.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2013, 09:36:05 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2013, 09:38:35 AM by PASOK Leader Hashemite »

Bus never slowed down... apparently passengers were yelling at the driver asking him to stop.

What a moron. It continues to be incredible how dumb some of these drivers are. I can't say his apparent death is tragic, considering he was a reckless moron who killed people because he can't drive properly.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2013, 05:32:32 AM »

Well, some French newspaper called John Baird 'MP for the constituency of Ottawa'.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2013, 07:12:24 PM by PASOK Leader Hashemite »

List of the victims have been released: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-bus-crash-victims-include-students-public-servants-1.1860438: besides the driver, 2 Carleton U students (both my age), 2 public servants, one person with cerebral palsy.

One of my dad's colleague was apparently at the stop right next to the bus, and saw the train barrier go down, the lights flash and the train's horn was blowing; the bus drove right into the bus and didn't know what the hell was going on. He pulled the body of one of the victims from the bus (though he was still alive). I can't imagine what it must be like to have to do that, I would certainly be traumatized if I had pulled a dead/dying body from wreckage.

It's absolutely sickening, devastatingly sad and heart-wrenching - like any tragedy - but this one even moreso because it's in your community, and these people are people like me and many others - students/public servants, going to work in the morning on a regular commute. You never assume that your regular commute would be your last; I couldn't help but feel a little weirder and different riding the bus yesterday and today. You never know when your 'last day' is and it's horrible. Enjoy life.

I want to know what happened, and why it happened. I don't know what to think about the driver, but admittedly I can't say that I'm on 'his side' with all those eyewitness reports.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2013, 02:51:28 PM »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-level-crossing-gate-down-25-seconds-before-crash-1.1861628
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »

A whole slew of bullsh**t, reactionary policies, right-wing wanking and continued destruction of the public sector in today's Throne Speech, but we can all agree that this one takes the prize:

A law to ensure for every federal regulation added, one must be removed.

Seriously?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2013, 04:50:32 PM »

Only thing that interested me was interprovincial liquor carriage. Rest bores me to tears.

Brave and visionary policy from Our Dear Leader.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2013, 10:13:16 PM »

People started loving Biebertrudeau and the Liberaliebers again?!
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2013, 11:20:55 AM »

Ugh Biebertrudeau and the Liberaliebers are horrible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies