Canada General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:26:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 98
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion  (Read 257810 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2100 on: October 31, 2013, 03:19:07 PM »

That riding's seen some pretty huge swings. Is it an NDP riding or an Atamamenko riding?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2101 on: October 31, 2013, 03:28:31 PM »

That riding's seen some pretty huge swings. Is it an NDP riding or an Atamamenko riding?

No clue and we will never know. Was created in 2004 and will be dissolved and thorn apart for the next election.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2102 on: October 31, 2013, 03:34:54 PM »

All the Toronto papers, including the Sun and Post, are calling on Ford to resign. Not that he will.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2103 on: October 31, 2013, 04:30:34 PM »

Almost certainly an NDP riding. It includes traditionally Dipper-leaning areas (but also some Tory strongholds), which vote NDP provincially as well.

The heavy swing in 2006 (against the Purgatories) is because Harper dumped the Tory candidate a week before the election after he was charged with drug booze and a luxury car
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2104 on: October 31, 2013, 07:35:59 PM »

Before 1993 it was one of the consistent NDP areas in the country.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2105 on: October 31, 2013, 07:36:50 PM »

lolrobford
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #2106 on: October 31, 2013, 08:49:32 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2013, 08:51:08 PM by Holmes »

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING THAT THE TAPE WAS REAL
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #2107 on: November 01, 2013, 01:00:10 AM »

I love, love, love, love that it has turned out to be real. This is one of my favorite news stories in years.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2108 on: November 01, 2013, 09:25:04 AM »

Senate reform: Poilievre strongly hinted he's open to repealing the Regional Veto Act and a (nonbinding IIRC) national Senate referendum. Which would be interesting, to say the least.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2109 on: November 01, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »

RCMP allege Wallin committed fraud and breach of trust. Wonder when the indictments for all 3 will be coming.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2110 on: November 01, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »

And while Wallin, Duffy and Brazeau (women-beater) are still Senators, a bunch of innocent, hardworking and competent civil servants (in my department) got their letters this week. This government is beyond disgusting.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2111 on: November 01, 2013, 05:51:09 PM »

And while Wallin, Duffy and Brazeau (women-beater) are still Senators, a bunch of innocent, hardworking and competent civil servants (in my department) got their letters this week. This government is beyond disgusting.

But they are evil, leeches living off the taxpayer hook!
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2112 on: November 01, 2013, 06:02:19 PM »

Shall I fetch your fainting couch?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2113 on: November 01, 2013, 06:07:22 PM »

"He [Mulcair] points out that as Quebec's Minister of the Environment, he reduced budgets and the number of employees..."
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2114 on: November 01, 2013, 07:05:03 PM »

Shall I fetch your fainting couch?

Oh give me a break. Forgive me for not being too jolly about this when people I know personally, who work hard and are good people, are fighting for their jobs and need to deal with tremendous stress in what must be a very difficult period for them; for the only reason that they are the targets of a dogmatic ideological agenda which is hell-bent on sucking life out of the public sector because they "leech on taxpayers' money" or "have it too good" or "need to become more efficient" or whatever horsesh**t they're feeding us.

I know the private sector has it tough too (and I don't want to downplay that); but the public sector has it really tough as well, but of course if we complain then we're lazy, incompetent, spoiled worthless leeches who need to find "a real job". Of course, public servants are awesome targets right now (as the stuff on Mulcair below shows); it's the season to pick on us as the horrible people who are responsible for whatever is going wrong in this country. Naturally, Canada isn't alone in this (the entire world hates public servants now) and Harper didn't invent this, he's just the latest in a series of terrible leaders latching on to it. I hope you'll have the decency to recognize that when, like me, you work in the public sector and will probably work in it for a good part of your life, I have grounds to be very pissed off at what is happening on. So, please.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2115 on: November 01, 2013, 08:28:55 PM »

It's not that you're upset about the cuts, its that this is just the latest in a very long series of Hashemite hyperbole. Your posts are peppered with references to Purgatories and roasting politicians in ovens that I'd expect to see from a youtube commenter, not a serious poster on Atlas.

Seriously dude, when you want to, you post excellent stuff, but it seems lately most of your stuff is insults and whatnot. I want the Hashemite who writes extensive essays on random countries' politics back.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2116 on: November 02, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »

There will probably be a Senate abolition referendum if as expected, Supreme Court says reform requires 7/50. Question is how the provinces respond.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2117 on: November 03, 2013, 10:08:30 AM »

It's not that you're upset about the cuts, its that this is just the latest in a very long series of Hashemite hyperbole. Your posts are peppered with references to Purgatories and roasting politicians in ovens that I'd expect to see from a youtube commenter, not a serious poster on Atlas.

Seriously dude, when you want to, you post excellent stuff, but it seems lately most of your stuff is insults and whatnot. I want the Hashemite who writes extensive essays on random countries' politics back.

Utterly loathing Harper is a perfectly serious, rational and morally sound attitude to have.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2118 on: November 03, 2013, 06:15:07 PM »

Utterly loathing Harper is a perfectly serious, rational and morally sound attitude to have.

Regardless of one's views, hysteria is not.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2119 on: November 03, 2013, 06:17:56 PM »

In other news, rumour is that Megan Leslie is mulling a run for the NS NDP leadership. Should be good for the Halifax wing of the party, but terrible for the rural wing.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2120 on: November 03, 2013, 06:23:31 PM »

I doubt any of the federal MPs make the jump to provincial leadership, either in NS or BC. Especially since Leslie would be a very strong candidate to lead the federal party.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2121 on: November 03, 2013, 06:53:46 PM »

I doubt any of the federal MPs make the jump to provincial leadership, either in NS or BC. Especially since Leslie would be a very strong candidate to lead the federal party.

What has she done exactly to merit the leadership?

I mean she's certainly not a bad MP, and would've made a better leader than some of the minor contestants like Ashton and Saganash, but she seems like NDP equivalent of Diane Finley.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2122 on: November 03, 2013, 07:00:59 PM »

She's an impressive performer, bilingual, seems to have a strong political profile. I don't know how big a grassroots following she has though. Tongue Plus is already deputy leader.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2123 on: November 03, 2013, 07:08:53 PM »

Long overdue for Hudak to open a second front.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2124 on: November 03, 2013, 08:52:13 PM »

She's an impressive performer, bilingual, seems to have a strong political profile. I don't know how big a grassroots following she has though. Tongue Plus is already deputy leader.

She's very popular with her faction*, but I'm not sure she has much cross-party appeal.

*Urban progressives who are too rich to be hardliners but too leftist to like Mulcair.... What do you call those?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 98  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies