Israeli election and demographic maps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:21:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli election and demographic maps
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Israeli election and demographic maps  (Read 63715 times)
danny
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2016, 12:57:37 PM »
« edited: February 19, 2016, 01:06:09 PM by danny »

Judea and Samaria (Israeli settlements) 2015:

Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2016, 07:04:17 PM »

Judea and Samaria (Israeli settlements) 2015:

I looked really hard at that map to find green spots : light green would have infuriated me, dark green would have made me literally lough out loud. With the way Israeli politics tend to be hilarious, I really expected to find at least one of both, but didn't. Sad
danny
Israel

« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2016, 10:12:24 PM »

I looked really hard at that map to find green spots : light green would have infuriated me, dark green would have made me literally lough out loud. With the way Israeli politics tend to be hilarious, I really expected to find at least one of both, but didn't. Sad

There is nothing even close to Meretz winning, the biggest percent they got was in Niran (one of the Red ones in the east), where they got 9.1%. There only 55 votes in total: ZU-47 Meretz-5 YA-3, with zero votes for everyone else.
danny
Israel

« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2016, 01:51:02 PM »

Northern district 2015:

danny
Israel

« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2016, 09:17:12 PM »

The last area left, South district 2015:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2016, 09:42:03 AM »

Why is there so much grey ground ? Are they some kind of unincorporated territories ?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2016, 09:52:37 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2016, 09:54:41 AM by DavidB. »

Why is there so much grey ground ? Are they some kind of unincorporated territories ?
That's the Negev desert. The territory outside the major settlements doesn't belong to any municipality as that wouldn't make much sense: almost nobody lives there (apart from some Bedouin tribes).
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2016, 11:27:41 AM »

Most of the grey one is state\JNF owned with no town in it usually reservoirs and IDF training areas.
danny
Israel

« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2016, 11:04:10 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2016, 11:18:19 AM by danny »

Centre 2015 grouped into Right-coalition and Left-opposition:

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2016, 11:25:16 AM »

Nice! Great job danny!
danny
Israel

« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2016, 06:04:14 AM »

Thanks

Same map as before for Jerusalem district:

Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2016, 11:53:35 AM »

if there was map for Tel Aviv wards it would have been some of the strongest north-south divide within a city
danny
Israel

« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2016, 08:57:04 AM »
« Edited: July 03, 2016, 08:58:40 AM by danny »

Haifa:

The City of Haifa itself was incredibly close, with the left-opposition winning by 0.11%
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2016, 01:33:57 PM »

The last area left, South district 2015:

Part 1:

I'm a bit late, but is it not a little surprising that the towns on the edge of the Gaza strip went for the Zionist Union?

I would have thought they would be strongly Likud given the rocket attacks and, I believe, a demographic that is largely Sephardi Jews, who tend to be reliably conservative.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2016, 01:47:10 PM »

Haifa:

The City of Haifa itself was incredibly close, with the left-opposition winning by 0.11%

As usual, Danny, amazing work.
danny
Israel

« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2016, 01:48:22 PM »

I'm a bit late, but is it not a little surprising that the towns on the edge of the Gaza strip went for the Zionist Union?

I would have thought they would be strongly Likud given the rocket attacks and, I believe, a demographic that is largely Sephardi Jews, who tend to be reliably conservative.
All those Zionist Union places near Gaza are mostly Ashkenazi Kibbutzim or Moshvim and not towns, all the urban places in the area went heavily for the right. Being next to Gaza has little effect, demographics are far more important.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2016, 02:48:18 PM »

All those Zionist Union places near Gaza are mostly Ashkenazi Kibbutzim or Moshvim and not towns, all the urban places in the area went heavily for the right. Being next to Gaza has little effect, demographics are far more important.
Not exactly Ashkenazi, the Meretz Kibbutzim there are mostly Argentinians and other south americans  Wink
danny
Israel

« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2016, 03:25:48 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2016, 03:53:16 PM by danny »

Not exactly Ashkenazi, the Meretz Kibbutzim there are mostly Argentinians and other south americans  Wink

Most South American Jews are Ashkenazi.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2016, 03:52:24 PM »

Not exactly Ashkenazi, the Meretz Kibbutzim there are mostly Argentinians and other south americans  Wink

Most South American Jews are Askenazi.

This is true. I was surprised to learn that but after studying the immigration history a bit, it made a bit more sense.

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »

Makes sense, considering why they, actually, left Argentina. But, yeah, they are Ashkenazi.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2016, 04:20:43 AM »

Not exactly Ashkenazi, the Meretz Kibbutzim there are mostly Argentinians and other south americans  Wink

Ethnically, they're not Ashkenazi in customs and such from what I saw. But this comment was basically a pun
danny
Israel

« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2016, 04:28:41 PM »

Judea and Samaria (settlements):

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2016, 04:53:05 PM »

I'm very curious about the few settlements that voted left in the last few cycles. What is their stance on the peace process and on giving up land?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2016, 07:42:45 PM »

Ethnically, they're not Ashkenazi in customs and such from what I saw. But this comment was basically a pun
Argentinian Jews, mostly, come from Ukraine and the like. They might drink mate and understand Ladino (well, I understand it as well Smiley - every Spanish speaker does), but they are generally as Ashkenazi as anybody. Different for Mexican Jews: here it is a mixture of different communities. But I am still to meet an Argentinian sefard Smiley
seb_pard
« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2016, 08:04:46 PM »

Most of the jew I know are Azhkenazi (one of by best friends is from czech descend, although he told one that he is part sephardic), but some people I know have last names that I suppose are sephardic (I don't really know). One funny case is Nicolas Massu, who is part jewish part palestinian so I count him as mizrahi.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies