Sarah Palin endorses Rick Santorum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 02:16:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Sarah Palin endorses Rick Santorum
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sarah Palin endorses Rick Santorum  (Read 5089 times)
Bull Moose Base

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »

Waste of an endorsement, but okay. I doubt Santorum gets much of a bump out of this; maybe 5 points but not enough to make him flavor of the month.

It wasn't really an endorsement in case you didn't watch the video and read the small print.  Wink

She sounds chicken to endorse him for fear he'd flop and drop out after Iowa proving her political stock is worthless.  Her strategy seems trying to boost Santorum while also letting herself save face.  If he surges, she could get credit and then jump on the bandwagon safely.  If he flops, she never endorsed him.

Glenn Beck also called Santorum the next George Washington (probably a dogwhistle that we'd form a new theocratic country) but stopped short of endorsing him.

A Santorum or Bachmann surge looks more unlikely the closer we get but even one in the final week into Iowa wouldn't be that crazy by the standards of this cycle or even Iowa's track record.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 11:04:50 PM »

Oh GOD yes please, let this happen. Let Santorum become the flavor just in time to make a big splash and tip the Republican Party over the edge into completely unacceptable absurdity. There would be nothing better for American politics than for someone like THAT to take control of the Republican Party and destroy it once and for all. Next is for Pelosi to be taken seriously in the 2016 Democratic nomination race. How could either recover from such unabashed nonsense? And yet as I type this I reconsider...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 11:13:23 PM »

Waste of an endorsement, but okay. I doubt Santorum gets much of a bump out of this; maybe 5 points but not enough to make him flavor of the month.

It wasn't really an endorsement in case you didn't watch the video and read the small print.  Wink

She sounds chicken to endorse him for fear he'd flop and drop out after Iowa proving her political stock is worthless.  Her strategy seems trying to boost Santorum while also letting herself save face.  If he surges, she could get credit and then jump on the bandwagon safely.  If he flops, she never endorsed him.

Glenn Beck also called Santorum the next George Washington (probably a dogwhistle that we'd form a new theocratic country) but stopped short of endorsing him.

A Santorum or Bachmann surge looks more unlikely the closer we get but even one in the final week into Iowa wouldn't be that crazy by the standards of this cycle or even Iowa's track record.
In the end, Beck and Palin will endorse the nominee. Beck had endorsed Paul, and while never rescinding it, he kinda has distanced himself from Paul after his "Israel first" base grew. Palin wants to preserve her political stock, and will endorse the nominee. 

For whatever its worth, is Huckabee still a worthy endorsement?
LBJer
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2011, 11:46:33 PM »

One nut endorsing another.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 03:20:48 AM »

I would not be surprised to see Santorum get some evangelical endorsements, like the Family Leader in IA. Who else are they going to endorse at this point?   Maybe Palin will follow along and Santorum will have a boomlet. I dont think he could ever get up to the same levels as previous flavors of the month, but i wouldnt rule out Santorum showing up in the top 3 in IA.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies