FL: Rasmussen: Romney leads Obama by 4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:19:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL: Rasmussen: Romney leads Obama by 4
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Rasmussen: Romney leads Obama by 4  (Read 1193 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 19, 2011, 10:12:34 AM »

New Poll: Florida President by Rasmussen on 2011-11-17

Summary: D: 42%, R: 46%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 05:10:50 PM »

I guess Scotty found a state where he has a real life Republican candidate leading Obama, no need to only post the Generic Republican/Obama numbers.

FWIW I think Florida is going  to very close again this cycle, with Obama losing some support among white voters but being helped by an increasingly diverse electorate. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 05:05:01 AM »

I guess Scotty found a state where he has a real life Republican candidate leading Obama, no need to only post the Generic Republican/Obama numbers.

FWIW I think Florida is going  to very close again this cycle, with Obama losing some support among white voters but being helped by an increasingly diverse electorate. 

I concur. "Generic Republican" won't be running. The President will need to invest some campaign appearances in the state, his campaign apparatus will need to organize a strong GOTV effort, and he will need a coherent message tailored to Florida with much media attention to the state. Which of these does anyone wish to bet against?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 06:44:04 AM »

Florida is a tough state. No doubt about it. I expect polls showing these 29 EVs going both ways all the way through Nov 2012.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 12:31:23 PM »

Florida is a tough state. No doubt about it. I expect polls showing these 29 EVs going both ways all the way through Nov 2012.

If Obama wins Florida, he has already won the election pretty easily.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »

That is precisely what is meant by a "swing state"; it could go either way in a 50-50 election. The state decided the 2000 election, the closest in modern American history.   
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 01:56:42 PM »

If Obama wins Florida, he has already won the election pretty easily.
Pennsylvania and Michigan have had some interesting polls, especially with Romney as the nominee. And Ohio is really unpredictable. I think you're right fundamentally, but all Dems carry the Florida 2000 scar. Jesus, winner take all EC pisses me off.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 05:30:30 AM »

Florida is hardly the pivotal state today (even though it was in 2000). It's been clearly on the Republican side of the average in the last 2 elections and I'd expect that to be true this election as well.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »

The only time post-civil rights act that FL has been more (D) than the national average was 1976
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 08:10:50 PM »

The only time post-civil rights act that FL has been more (D) than the national average was 1976

In large part because of a  southern good old boy, from a neighboring state was at the top of the ticket.
scoopa
scoop
Rookie
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 11:41:05 AM »

Florida is hardly the pivotal state today (even though it was in 2000). It's been clearly on the Republican side of the average in the last 2 elections and I'd expect that to be true this election as well.

Me too.

I also doubt that the Puerto Rican turnout will be at the same level of 2008. Not nearly the same level of enthusiasm.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies