As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:03:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 316882 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1900 on: August 03, 2012, 10:16:09 PM »

I too have far better things to do right now.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1901 on: August 03, 2012, 10:23:07 PM »

Simfan--My default assumption for everyone I meet on the internet is that they're compulsive liars, and nothing they say about themselves is real.  So no, I don't believe much of what Bushie says about himself, nor what most other folks on the interwebs say about themselves, but that's OK.  Even if it's not true, you can still read it and absorb it for entertainment purposes.  I assume you did find it entertaining on some level, if you actually read through 100+ pages of Update!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1902 on: August 03, 2012, 10:54:21 PM »

That's what I always did when I have a long ride or move. Leave at 4 or so in the morning, that way you can get a few hours on the road before any potential traffic.

Leave at ten PM and drive all night and you won't see any traffic at all.  And your car will run cooler, and you won't have any annoying sun in your eyes.

Unless he's not a fan of night driving.  I'm fine with it, because I'm a night person.  But some people just get way too tired.

Living where I do and traveling where I will be traveling, I prefer not to drive at night because 1) my Tourette's have been acting up at night lately and 2) Deer like to roam at night.  I know it's not cooler weather yet and deer like the cooler weather better, but I want to take as minimal chance to run into Bambi or her dad!!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1903 on: August 04, 2012, 12:08:20 AM »

Bushie, I'm 130 pages into the Second update
I too have far better things to do right now.
Do ya?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1904 on: August 04, 2012, 06:35:33 AM »
« Edited: August 04, 2012, 06:47:15 AM by Gaius Antonius Messala »

I was in a car travelling from New York to Washington. I did not then. I did when I wrote that.  I was outside, actually. I enjoyed myself greatly.

So, Bushie moves to Utah: I give it 1/12.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #1905 on: August 04, 2012, 12:14:58 PM »

Okay, I've been away for a few months. What did I miss and what Did Romney do to turn off Bushie?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1906 on: August 04, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »

Okay, I've been away for a few months. What did I miss and what Did Romney do to turn off Bushie?

Well, you missed the end of Dell, you missed the beginning of Xerox, and you've caught the beginning of the big promotion and move to Salt Lake City, Utah.  I am moving on August 18.

As far as Romney, he's hasn't really done anything, and I will still likely vote for him in November, but I've always been fond of Obama and given the right circumstances, he might be able to regain my vote (not that it matters as i'm going from deep red state to deep red state), but the sentiment is still there.  I'm on the fence leaning toward Romney's side right now.  So, I guess you could put me in the undecided column!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1907 on: August 04, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »

what do 'hope' and 'phelix' think about this move?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1908 on: August 04, 2012, 04:08:47 PM »

Mods, why haven't you banned this idiot yet? He's trolling, soliciting advice and not taking it, indeed doing the exact opposite of what we say. You set your ultimatum, Mikado, but he's failed about 20 such of his own similar goals. Get rid of him. Now!

What's wrong with you simfan?  Most of us enjoy reading his tale, and you don't have to read it.  You're living in a fantasy world if you think Bushies litany of woes, failures, and disappointments isn't closer to the real life of the vast majority of americans than your buppy-in-a-tuxedo pretense.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1909 on: August 04, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »

I am officially under two weeks remaining in Oklahoma.  I leave in 320.25 hours at 4:30 am 8/18/2012.  I have 352 hours until I enter Salt Lake City at roughly 2:00 pm MDT 8/19/2012.  I also have 10 more nights in my house, the last night being 8/13/2012.  This isn't my first attempt at leaving Oklahoma (Kansas City, Autumn 2007; Dallas, Spring 2008), but I hopefully will make this the first successful attempt.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1910 on: August 04, 2012, 08:29:02 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2012, 08:30:42 PM by Simfan34 »

Your personal motto is Semper Eadem. I'll return from Ethiopia and you'll still be in Oklahoma, mark my words.

Mods, why haven't you banned this idiot yet? He's trolling, soliciting advice and not taking it, indeed doing the exact opposite of what we say. You set your ultimatum, Mikado, but he's failed about 20 such of his own similar goals. Get rid of him. Now!

What's wrong with you simfan?  Most of us enjoy reading his tale, and you don't have to read it.  You're living in a fantasy world if you think Bushies litany of woes, failures, and disappointments isn't closer to the real life of the vast majority of americans than your buppy-in-a-tuxedo pretense.

Thus my mention of an authoritarian leftist conspiracy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1911 on: August 04, 2012, 08:30:31 PM »

Bush is moving to Utah when I'm moving to New York, what a co-inky-dink.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1912 on: August 04, 2012, 08:37:36 PM »

Your personal motto is Semper Eadem. I'll return from Ethiopia and you'll still be in Oklahoma, mark my words.

If you return on or before 8/17/2012 then, yes, I will still be in Oklahoma.  After 4:30 am on 8/18/2012 I will be on the road to Utah.

Simfan, seriously, if u can only insult me and defame my name, then get off this thread.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1913 on: August 04, 2012, 08:48:11 PM »

If you return on or before 8/17/2012 then, yes, I will still be in Oklahoma.  After 4:30 am on 8/18/2012 I will be on the road to Utah.

Simfan, seriously, if you can only insult me and defame my name, then get off this thread.

I came with no opinion and no prejudice, but you always say things and never carry through. What evidence do I have to assume it will be the contrary this time?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1914 on: August 04, 2012, 08:52:08 PM »

Simfan, seriously, if you can only insult me and defame my name, then get off this thread.

I came with no opinion and no prejudice, but you always say things and never carry through. What evidence do I have to assume it will be the contrary this time?

Fair point.  This time, I've already hired movers, I've already secured an apartment, I've already secured employment in Utah and have ceased employment in Oklahoma.  We have a lot of money already invested in this move.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1915 on: August 04, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »

what do 'hope' and 'phelix' think about this move?

Papa was a rolling stone, Walter.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1916 on: August 04, 2012, 09:06:01 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2012, 09:14:08 PM by Simfan34 »

Fair point.  This time, I've already hired movers, I've already secured an apartment, I've already secured employment in Utah and have ceased employment in Oklahoma.  We have a lot of money already invested in this move.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

What investments did you make in your prior abortive moves?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1917 on: August 04, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »

They say that Walt Disney World is the most popular place for honeymoons all around the world, actually.

We're not going to do any of the Disney Honeymoon Vacations, as I can combine the flights, hotel, and rental car for only $850 and then add in the gasoline and the food and the park tickets, we should be able to spend a full 8 days, 9 nights for under $2,000.  I'm expecting to keep it in the $1,750 range without souvenirs.  Even though we aren't going to fly out until the early afternoon the day after the wedding, our honeymoon will officially begin after we leave the reception, because we'll stay at a hotel near the Oklahoma City airport Saturday night and then get up and get to the airport late Sunday morning.

I found out something very encouraging yesterday.  As some may know on the forum, I have a huge obsession with dates and times and countdowns (part of the reason I countdown Christmas so early).  She was over at my house yesterday afternoon and I showed her a countdown until midnight the morning of our Wedding Day that includes the days, hours, minutes, and seconds.  She said "awww, how sweet".  She really liked that!!  I'm finding out more and more each day that she is the one for me!!

BTW, as of 8:00 pm CDT, we are down to 8,500 hours even until Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 12:00 am CDT!!!!

What investments did you make in your prior abortive moves?

That was 2-3 years ago for crying out loud.  Give it a rest already.  I tell you what, I'll post from Ft Collins, Colorado on Sat eve 8/18/2012 and from SLC, Utah on Sun eve 8/19/2012.  Mods, is there any way to verify the location from where a post was sent? I want to remove any trace of doubt thatwill hapen.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1918 on: August 04, 2012, 09:40:35 PM »

I'm not saying you'll lie. If you say you did, you did.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1919 on: August 05, 2012, 12:58:18 AM »

This is Sunday Morning, August 5, 2012.  This is the beginning of my final full week in Oklahoma, which means officially next Saturday (which according to the calendar is August 18), I will be leaving Oklahoma bound for Fort Collins, Colorado!!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1920 on: August 05, 2012, 01:28:54 AM »

Quite frankly Fort Collins and the rest of the Front Range seem like considerably nicer places than most of the populated part of Utah, but good luck, I guess.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1921 on: August 05, 2012, 09:11:06 AM »

Simfan34, this thread is not about 'actions', or about 'carrying things through'.  This thread is about dreams, heartbreak, despair, and hopelessness that we cannot even imagine.  And a man who keeps going regardless.  It is the most heroic thread on the forum.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1922 on: August 05, 2012, 01:58:25 PM »

This afternoon at 4:00 pm will be kind of a sad moment.  My cat's new owner will be here to meet him and to take him home with her.  Thankfully, the new owner is my cousin so he'll stay in the family and I made her promise that I can see him when I come home to visit every once in a while.  He will always be my cat.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1923 on: August 05, 2012, 02:29:49 PM »

Simfan34, this thread is not about 'actions', or about 'carrying things through'.  This thread is about dreams, heartbreak, despair, and hopelessness that we cannot even imagine.  And a man who keeps going regardless.  It is the most heroic thread on the forum.

Agreed. And none of us can turn away.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1924 on: August 05, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »

Agreed. And none of us can turn away.

It's powerful enough to bring you back for a gander every few months. It must be something!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies