Gregorie wins by 130 votes, INCLUDING KING COUNTY!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:18:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gregorie wins by 130 votes, INCLUDING KING COUNTY!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gregorie wins by 130 votes, INCLUDING KING COUNTY!!!  (Read 11295 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2004, 09:04:47 PM »

I think he's talking about Florida in 2000.

I don't think so unless Gregoire was running back then. Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2004, 09:14:46 PM »

can anyone prove the votes that gave Gregories her margin of victory are fraudulent?

I never said they were.  I said that they only counted questionable ballots in Democrat counties where the recount was taking place.  If it had been a statewide effort, then I would have no problem with it.

Actually, that's untrue. Five other counties also counted new ballots, four of which were Republican counties, I believe.

I think 3 were, but just because a county votes slightly one way doesn't mean that the county officials aren't the other, and that is what counts.  I think that two of the Republican counties were lightly populated anyway.  The entire state should have been recounted.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2004, 09:17:50 PM »

can anyone prove the votes that gave Gregories her margin of victory are fraudulent?

I never said they were.  I said that they only counted questionable ballots in Democrat counties where the recount was taking place.  If it had been a statewide effort, then I would have no problem with it.

Actually, that's untrue. Five other counties also counted new ballots, four of which were Republican counties, I believe.

I think 3 were, but just because a county votes slightly one way doesn't mean that the county officials aren't the other, and that is what counts.  I think that two of the Republican counties were lightly populated anyway.  The entire state should have been recounted.

It was Whatcom, Pierce, Benton, and two others. Pierce and Benton are, respectively, highly and moderately populated counties that went narrowly and strongly Republican. Whatcom is a moderately populated county that went slightly Democratic.

I think that #4 may have been the highly populated and narrowly Republican Snohomish County. The fifth was something in eastern Washington...Adams.

The other boards rejected requests for recounts, no matter who controlled them.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2004, 08:55:26 AM »

God I hope he's lost.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2004, 09:18:42 AM »

According to a recent poll, a majority of Washingtonians can smell a rat:

A majority of voters in Washington state doubt that the final recount in the governor's race was accurate, according to a poll.
    Democrat Christine Gregoire topped Republican Dino Rossi in the hand recount after trailing in the first recount, done by machine, and in the count on election night.
    The survey by Strategic Vision, LLC, a Republican polling firm, found that 54 percent of voters do not believe the recount that certified Mrs. Gregoire as the victor reflects the actual election results.
    Thirty-seven percent believed the final recount was accurate, with 9 percent undecided.
    Forty-three percent thought Mr. Rossi actually won the election; 41 percent said that Mrs. Gregoire actually won the election; and 16 percent were undecided.
    Only 41 percent of those polled believes that the King County results are legitimate; with 53 percent believing that they are not legitimate; and 6 percent undecided. When asked if there should be a revote, 45 percent said yes, 43 percent said no, and 12 percent was undecided.
    The poll of 800 registered voters was conducted Monday through Wednesday. The margin of error was 3 percent.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2004, 01:29:21 PM »

The survey by Strategic Vision, LLC, a Republican polling firm

enough said.

Can you tell me what issues make you a Democrat again and any Democrats you would vote for? No, Zell Miller doesn't count.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2004, 01:53:46 PM »

The survey by Strategic Vision, LLC, a Republican polling firm

enough said.

Can you tell me what issues make you a Democrat again and any Democrats you would vote for? No, Zell Miller doesn't count.

Strategic Vision was one of the most accurate pollsters during the election cycle.  Don't let the "R" next to their name fool you into thinking they are biased.

Far more important in these instances is to see who paid for it, or if it was a self run study to get media buys.  If the Republican party paid for it, that is one thing.  If a local paper did, they may be looking for a story.  If they did it themselves then sold the story, it is well worth paying attention to. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2004, 02:24:50 PM »

Even if they were accurate during the election season, there's no reason to trust them to be honest on a poll like this.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2004, 03:39:45 PM »

Even if they were accurate during the election season, there's no reason to trust them to be honest on a poll like this.

Why?  I am supposed to trust Dean Logan and His Incredible Vote Finding Machine but I am not supposed to trust an opinion poll? 

I guess innocent until proven guilty should only apply to democratic vote counters.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2004, 03:45:24 PM »

Well, it seems that the Republicans in Washington may be on to something.  In my county (where a friend of mine is County Recorder), records of who voted are PUBLIC records which are readilyavailable for examination and copying.

Not so in King county, as seen in the following article:

GOP demands county's voter list

2004-12-28
by David Ammons
Associated Press

OLYMPIA -- Washington Republicans, girding for a possible court challenge of Democrat Christine Gregoire's razor-thin victory for governor, on Monday demanded a list of the 900,000 who cast ballots in vote-rich, problem-plagued King County.

Republican Party state Chairman Chris Vance said his party and other backers of GOP candidate Dino Rossi have nagging questions about the vote count in the county that tipped the race to Gregoire by a scant 130 votes last week.

``We want to know who voted in the election, and it's hard to know where we go from here (with a possible court challenge) before we get some answers,'' Vance said in an interview.

``We're mostly posing questions. King County is where we saw the votes changing. King County is the one county that was allowed to take ballots that were declared dead in November and bring them back to life in December.''

He stopped short of committing to a court challenge of the election results. Some party activists worry that further litigation and delay could rebound on the GOP and damage Rossi's political future.

``I get the clear signal from Dino Rossi that he's not going to do anything unless there is a solid case,'' Vance said.

He declined to say whether he's advising a court fight, but said ``Overwhelmingly, from the grass roots of the party, the feeling is `Don't give up. Keep fighting.'''

But he said there's no rush, since any voter can contest the election within 10 days after certification.

``Right now, we need information. We don't need to rush. Now that we're past Christmas and past the shock (of losing in the latest recount), people are able to focus on what comes next.''

Reed's office said outgoing Gov. Gary Locke offered to send a state airplane to McMinnville, Ore., to fetch Reed so he could certify the election Monday.

``We said `Thanks, but no thanks,''' said Reed spokeswoman Trova Hutchins. ``We'll certify on Thursday.

The latest tally included 732 disputed ballots from King County, a Democratic stronghold that includes Seattle and nearly a third of the state electorate.

Those ballots were challenged by the GOP, but the state Supreme Court last week ruled that the county could legally consider them.

The Republicans' latest demand came as a public records request filed with King County Elections Director Dean Logan. The GOP wants a list of all voters who submitted ballots in the Nov. 2 general election, including ballots that were counted as well as those that were rejected.

They also asked for policies about military and overseas ballots.

Carolyn Duncan, spokeswoman for King County Executive Ron Sims, said the county will ``do our best to meet the disclosure request in a timely manner.

Rossi and Gregoire both stayed out of the public eye Monday. Rossi's campaign organized a news conference for Vance; Dan Brady, Rossi's lead election and recount observer in King County; and campaign attorney Peter Schalestock.

They described a variety of irregularities and said hundreds of ballots were permanently altered by election workers, making it impossible to go back and see what the voter intent was.

``It was chaos,'' Vance said. ``These ballots were counted different ways, different times, by different people.''

Vance said the party has collected affidavits from 300 Rossi voters across the state who say their ballots mistakenly went uncounted. He urged county officials to reconsider those ballots.

Associated Press Writer Gene Johnson contributed to this report.

© 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

P.S. -  Don't you just love the statement of Carolyn Duncan, spokeswoman for King County Executive Ron Sims, that King county will "do our best to meet the disclosure request in a timely manner."  Kind of reminds me of how some southern politicians used to talk about court integration orders which they would be complied with "with all deliberate speed."    
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2004, 03:48:34 PM »

Why?  I am supposed to trust Dean Logan and His Incredible Vote Finding Machine but I am not supposed to trust an opinion poll? 

I guess innocent until proven guilty should only apply to democratic vote counters.

Seems to me to be deja vu.

Remember how the lefties defended Dan Rather over the facially preposterous TANG memo.

The more facts that turn up, the worese it looks For Logan.

I wonder if he's related to Dan Rather?

It seems that they both believe that can push questionable documents without being called on them.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2005, 07:55:15 AM »

to all republicans who feel angry over this: multiply it by 50 and then you know how the left felt in 2000 Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies