Ron Paul vs Barack Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:16:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul vs Barack Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the general election?
Ron Paul

Barack Obama

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama  (Read 6154 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 04:41:02 PM »

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 04:43:41 PM »

Probably the most enthusiastic vote I'd cast for Obama.  Ron Paul is probably the most opposed to my views of any GOP candidate.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 04:47:23 PM »

I'd probably vote for Obama. The most important things a president does is conduct foreign policy. I'd by far prefer Obama's foreign policy. Ron Paul may be an interesting and conviction filled guy, but his foreign policy would vastly diminish the American role in the world (which I believe would be a bad thing). Although, to be fair to Ron Paul, he's the only candidate I'd trust going mano-a-mano with Netanyahu.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 05:41:20 PM »

Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 07:24:20 PM »

Probably the most enthusiastic vote I'd cast for Obama.  Ron Paul is probably the most opposed to my views of any GOP candidate.

You're a Democrat in favour of the PATRIOT act, foreign wars, and cracking down on state marijuana legalization?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »

You're a Democrat in favour of the PATRIOT act, foreign wars, and cracking down on state marijuana legalization?

Good description of the Democratic Party platform.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 08:28:47 PM »

Despite the fact that I'm a dirty commie now, I still have a fondness for Paul.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2011, 09:55:59 PM »

I wish you were wrong, but with most Dems today you're right.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »

Those are consensus positions, but the Dems are far less inclined to do the above things the GOP.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 12:22:01 AM »

I would probably vote for Ben Bernanke.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 08:31:55 AM »

Well, that or he's a Democrat who actually values core pillars of the party's platform like Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, not overturning Roe -v- Wade, and doesn't want to leave ill uninsured people to be treated by charities.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 08:40:07 AM »

Those are consensus positions, but the Dems are far less inclined to do the above things the GOP.

Paul does not support those things and Obama does. If Paul wins, it would change the GOP (not overnight), forcing the Dems to change or become the party of 'security.'
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2011, 03:05:25 PM »

Well, that or he's a Democrat who actually values core pillars of the party's platform like Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, not overturning Roe -v- Wade, and doesn't want to leave ill uninsured people to be treated by charities.

That was basically my reasoning. Lesser of two evils etc.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »

Look, two issues that only libertarians care about and another that is totally context-dependent. Oh noes!!
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2011, 08:12:10 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2011, 08:13:43 PM by Opebo is Jesus Christma »

Probably the most enthusiastic vote I'd cast for Obama.  Ron Paul is probably the most opposed to my views of any GOP candidate.

Look, two issues that only libertarians care about and another that is totally context-dependent. Oh noes!!

I'm no libertarian and I oppose the wars and Patriot Act and think the gov should legalize weed and safe drugs.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2011, 08:22:43 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2011, 08:26:53 PM by realisticidealist »

Probably the most enthusiastic vote I'd cast for Obama.  Ron Paul is probably the most opposed to my views of any GOP candidate.

I'm no libertarian and I oppose the wars and Patriot Act and think the gov should legalize weed and safe drugs.

Congrats on being a social libertarian.

Stop ruining my ability to be dismissive!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies