The White House - Snowguy Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:19:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House - Snowguy Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The White House - Snowguy Administration  (Read 4925 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »

The last troops have finally come home from Iraq after an arduous 8 and a half years of involvement there.  The relative peace in Iraq today was not without great sacrifice.  I'd like to extend my deepest condolences and my immense gratitude to the families of those American soldiers who gave the ultimate sacrifice in this war.  May they know that their loss was not in vain.

I'd also like to express my condolences to the countless Iraqi families that lost innocent relatives in this conflict.  They, too, should know that their sacrifice was not in vain.

I am hopeful that Iraq can continue on a path towards stability and peace, and I have full confidence in the Iraqi people to engage in debate and exercise their democratic right to self governance.  I hope that the Kurds and Sunni and Shiite muslims can find common ground in freedom and democratic values so that they may work together to build a prosperous Iraq.  I believe it can be done.

I'd like to thank my former colleagues in the senate, the Polnut administration, SoEA Ben, and all of the Atlasians that pushed to make this happen. 

And lastly, I want to thank each and every service member who has served in Iraq.  You have made a positive difference for peace in Iraq and in the region.  Thanks to your efforts, Iraqis now enjoy the same core freedoms that Atlasians do and Iraq can now serve as an example for peace and prosperity in the Middle East.

Thank you and Dave bless.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 11:42:37 PM »

Your climate change adaptation proposal is interesting, and I hope it gets taken up. I think there are also nations outside the Pacific where this is a real issue, such as Bangladesh.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 08:27:05 PM »

Your climate change adaptation proposal is interesting, and I hope it gets taken up. I think there are also nations outside the Pacific where this is a real issue, such as Bangladesh.
You make a good point with Bangladesh.  They are in a particularly poor position to adapt to sea level rise.  I will hopefully be working with Napoleon on various environmental initiatives and this will certainly be one proposal I will push for.

I'll do some research and see if there are any other nations that are particularly threatened by sea level rise.  I might also include nations that are seeing vast tracts of their arable land turning into desert... though many of those nations have plenty of arable land in other parts of their respective countries.. so it probably won't be priority #1.

I want my climate policy to be pragmatic, yet comprehensive.  I think passing bills in a more piecemeal fashion will ensure that those nations that are threatened the most are not denied aid because of objections people might have to something unrelated within the same bill.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 02:48:51 AM »

I am announcing my nomination of former president Tmth for the position of SoIA.  Already having been president, he has a good sense of domestic issues in Atlasia.

I believe he will do the job well, and I believe he can work with GM Shua to make the SoIA position relevant in the game.

I will give Tmth free range to run his department as he sees fit and I will discuss goings on in Atlasia with him frequently to make sure we are responding to domestic issues that come up.

It is my hope that the senate will quickly approve of my nomination so that Tmth and I can get to work on the under appreciated, but very important role of domestic issues.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2012, 11:48:52 PM »

I want to take this opportunity to wish all Atlasians a Happy New Year!

With the holidays over, it is now time to get back to work in order to make 2012 a prosperous year.  I plan to work with the senate on environmental legislation and I will be proposing more comprehensive education reform.  Education is the key player in giving equal opportunities to every Atlasian.  Remember, we are only as good as the least among us!

I hope everybody had a nice Christmas/New Year/Holiday period.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 05:34:13 PM »

Foreign Policy Review is on your desk, Mr. Prez.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 08:12:52 PM »

The Student Loan Interest Rate Fairness Act is now on your desk, Mister P.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 04:33:03 AM »

The Freedom to Perform Act's revisions have been passed and await your signature.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2012, 10:49:30 PM »

The Freedom to Perform Act's revisions have been passed and await your signature.

This act, as well: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=146922.msg3175038#msg3175038
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 10:08:38 AM »

The Consolidated Marijuana Regulation Act is now on your desk, mister P.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 02:19:29 AM »

The Repeal of the Do Not PM List Act, and the Oil Spill Protection Act are now on your desk, Mister P.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »

I'm sorry for my inaction.  My mother has been in and out of the hospital three times in the past month and hasn't been doing well at home, so I've been completely preoccupied with caring for her and have been on the forum infrequently.

I'm hoping with new parties and the new term beginning soon, that things in Atlasia can rebound. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies